Gormless Gomes Watch

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Gormless Gomes Watch

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:52 pm

Bearded Clown Gomes has been the centre of much discussion recently due to his erratic displays and kamikaze goalkeeping which includes wiping his own players out of the game.

here is where we sit back and discuss the many errors of Mr Gomes and scratch our heads at the 'world class' tag he was labelled with by many big nosed, skull cap wearers.

we look to Spurs' season thus far and note the amount of goals he is solely at fault for...

Portsmouth, Aston Villa, Udinese, Liverpool and Arsenal are just some of the teams who have profited from mistakes by Gormless Gomes. im sure there are more but i cant think.

here is where you share your comedy moments in Gomes' spurs career.

rate him and give your verdict for every game right here.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Johaldo8 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:18 pm

:lol: :lol:

Keep the abuse coming, Steely!
Johaldo8
World Class
World Class

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:23 pm

i dont know what match it was but didnt one ball hit him in the face as he tried to collect and the ball was bundled into the net ..... :lol:

Postby Rach » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:37 pm

my favourite gomes moment so far this season was when he started crying after he got injured. i thought he was laughing at first, but then close up you could see he was bawling :lol:
Rach
World Class
World Class

Postby YoBBo » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:02 pm

rachrvp wrote:my favourite gomes moment so far this season was when he started crying after he got injured. i thought he was laughing at first, but then close up you could see he was bawling :lol:

Crying, reminds of one someone else, I can't remember who...........................O yes thats right your own captain. :lol:
YoBBo
World Class
World Class

Postby fakeplastictrees » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:17 pm

Great shot stopper. Far too erratic on crosses considering all half the clubs in league do is cross the ball. A foolish decision to sign him.
fakeplastictrees
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Gazza-LFC » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:19 pm

My favourite Gomes moment was when he gave the ball straight to the Udinese striker and then brought him down for the penalty
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Rach » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:49 pm

YoBBo wrote:
rachrvp wrote:my favourite gomes moment so far this season was when he started crying after he got injured. i thought he was laughing at first, but then close up you could see he was bawling :lol:

Crying, reminds of one someone else, I can't remember who...........................O yes thats right your own captain. :lol:

:lol: i hate gallas anyway so he can do what he wants!
Rach
World Class
World Class

Postby Big Jono » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:53 pm

Id rather ha a keeper that comes out for every cross and corner than Robinson who sits back on his line waiting for the ball to fly past him. His style will leave him exposed sometimes but that doesnt make him a horrible keeper, nor does his many world class saves make him a super keeper. He needs to find his place in the middle as he settles into this new league in a new country behind a new defence for him. He'll come right.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby J-Axe » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:53 am

He never really came right at PSV and he always had those flaws.
J-Axe
Legend
Legend

Postby Sticky T » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:23 am

Bollocks. At PSV he was erratic, he's always been erratic, but he was outstanding regardless. He'll make the odd error, but he was a very fine goal keeper for them. Unfortunately his confidence is rock bottom right now, and he is looking more like a clown than a professional goal keeper at the moment.
Sticky T
Legend
Legend

Postby J-Axe » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:25 am

He'll always have those flaws.

He's a clown who happens to be a good shot stopper.
J-Axe
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:40 am

Big Jono wrote:Id rather ha a keeper that comes out for every cross and corner than Robinson who sits back on his line waiting for the ball to fly past him. His style will leave him exposed sometimes but that doesnt make him a horrible keeper, nor does his many world class saves make him a super keeper. He needs to find his place in the middle as he settles into this new league in a new country behind a new defence for him. He'll come right.

really? how many times has he come out for a cross that otherwise would be pretty harmless but his atrocious positioning and punching has caused it to become a dangerous situation? sometimes literally for defenders? id sooner my keeper stayed on his line if he was as brainless as Gormless Gomes.

he creates situations that just aint there for the opposition.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Johaldo8 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:14 am

For all his faults, he's one of the few keepers who have dealt with Delap's long throw.

I think he was better at set pieces in the Liverpool game, but that short backpass to King was a shocker. He's got the raw material to be a top keeper i.e. agility, reflexes and size, it's just his decision making that let's him down. Hopefully, Redknapp will deal with it on the training ground.
Johaldo8
World Class
World Class

Postby Big Jono » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:39 am

Johaldo8 wrote:For all his faults, he's one of the few keepers who have dealt with Delap's long throw.

I think he was better at set pieces in the Liverpool game, but that short backpass to King was a shocker. He's got the raw material to be a top keeper i.e. agility, reflexes and size, it's just his decision making that let's him down. Hopefully, Redknapp will deal with it on the training ground.

Yea he needs a bit of work, hopefully Harry can do the job. He turned James from the clown he was back into a respectable keeper, cutting the mistakes out of his game greatly.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:11 pm

In all fairness his problem does seem to be set plays ,but other than that he quite good really. He does have some issues, but his last game wasn't that bad in comparison.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Big Jono » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:02 am

Nothing to report from the Zagreb match Steely? That ok ill do it for you.

Not much to do but he can only deal with whats infront of him and he did alright, a clean sheets never bad.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Boris » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:14 am

Big Jono wrote:
Johaldo8 wrote:For all his faults, he's one of the few keepers who have dealt with Delap's long throw.

Yea he needs a bit of work, hopefully Harry can do the job. He turned James from the clown he was back into a respectable keeper, cutting the mistakes out of his game greatly.

Redknapp personally, or the Pompey goalkeeping staff?
Boris
Legend
Legend

Postby Big Jono » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:25 am

Boris wrote:
Big Jono wrote:

Redknapp personally, or the Pompey goalkeeping staff?

I dont know who was more responsible for it, but I heard hes getting the Pompey goalkeeper coach anyway so should help.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:35 am

Big Jono wrote:Nothing to report from the Zagreb match Steely? That ok ill do it for you.

Not much to do but he can only deal with whats infront of him and he did alright, a clean sheets never bad.

like i said in the match thread, i never watched this game.

unlike some people (not you) i choose not to make comments on games/players i aint seen. ;-)
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League