Coaching Courses in Europe

Are you In need of some coaching advice or do you want to share your tips and help out others?

Moderator: Moderators

Coaching Courses in Europe

Postby Troopy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:28 pm

Hi guys and girls,

What I want to know is are there any courses in English speaking countries i.e Holland or Italy and Germany (as i can speak both at a basic level)

I've just graduated from uni and am currently taking my FA Level 1 Course and obviously want to progress along the route.

I've seen a course in holland that runs..well now in August and believe it's just every once a year, but would love to do something similar to get some european coaching awards and experience.

Hope you can help, cheers.....Troopy
Troopy
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby cal900 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:31 pm

Strange one this. What do you hope to get out of going abroad?

Why spend money on something you won’t get the full benefit out of because of the language barrier.

English FA courses are well respected now.
cal900
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Troopy » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:51 am

Well what I hope to gain is experience of continental coaching, becuase the English game is definately not regarded as being good on the technical side. It has been proven that the dutch acadamies such as Ajax are the best football development programs in the world, along with Clairefontaine (France). The English coaching method is just weak in my opinion. For all the talent developed in England, very little has come of it, and on the continent we are seen as a bunch of underachievers.

Furthermore, the F.A. Badges are just poor in standard to a similar course run by the Dutch F.A. which gives you an insight into the professional game as you watch not only the reserves and first team along with working alongside these elite coaches, and then you then anaylse the tea, performance and then create a training routine derived from the match results...what a real coach should be doing, implementing theory into practice.

Obv this is only once a year and sadly I never realised there was an opportunity until the deadline had passed, hence why i'm trying to see if anyone has any further knowledge of programmes accross europe. I would still be grateful for any info.
Troopy
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby strass71 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:44 pm

Dear troopy

I must beg to differ on a number of points. Firstly the english game is no longer regarded as being weak on the technical side. Sure it doesnt have some of the flare of other nations, but that is more due to the style of play rather than the lack of technical ability. Further more the very fact that the premiership grosses more revenue than any other global league should actually speak volumes about the kind of football that people want to see. There are aspects in each country that can be improved on and the teams that win tournaments are those that manage to put all the components together in the right balance. Germany has never been considered a flare team, rather methodical and machine like to quote 2 descriptions. Yet their success on an international level compares favourably with the best.

How can you say that England are seen as big under achievers without mentioning the dutch, the spanish, the portugese in the same breath. With all the natural flare that they posess they must certainly be bigger under achievers. Or are you going to tel me that because spain won the last euros, that somehow means they arent underachievers anymore?

The Higher coaching badges are all Uefa branded - this means that they are pretty much standardised and certainly credited throughout europe hence the name uefa. Only these higher coaching badges will contain the elements you mentioned no matter which country you reside in. The level 1 no matter which country's equivalent you take does not contain the elements you speak of. Furthermore The Pro Licence which is now a prerequisite for mangers of clubs in the elite divisions of each european league takes 18 months minimum to achieve and courses are attended by managers from around the world with courses also taking place around europe. ie there isnt an english, spanish, italian, dutch etc version.

I am not trying to defend the english system as the best or anything like that, but i am putting across a less biased and more informed point of view whereas yours comes across as heavilly anti english coaching. As a final note successful teams adapt to prevailing conditions and styles of play consequently a number of factors will influence a teams performance for example, great managers do not, great players do not, great coaches do not make great teams. If that was the case then we would never have had greece as european champions who subsequently failed to qualify for the following world cup. Right blend and balance of the aforementioned is the core of success.

If you want to hold up training systems as being better than that of engalnd then do so with evidence that backs up your theory not unsubstantiated claims. Many a foreign coach admires the english game as does many an english coach admire the continental way. The key is finding the balance.
strass71
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Return to Football Coaching