Burnley's 10/11 kit

Discuss the latest kits boots as well as any other equipment - please no advertising in this section.

Moderator: Moderators

Burnley's 10/11 kit

Postby ryan-c » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:51 am

I just saw this and thought surely an April fools. But no it is actually there new kit. This will certainly give you a laugh.

This taken from there site:

Burnley Football Club is proud to reveal the new home shirt to be worn for the 2010/11 season.

The new Puma-manufactured shirt has been specifically designed to replicate the first ever claret and blue shirt worn by the club, exactly 100 years ago.

In conjunction with Puma, market leaders in shirt design, the new shirt will be manufactured from 100 per cent lamb's wool, maintaining thermal regulation through even venting.

However, cutting-edge shirt design technology has enabled Puma to mix the hand-dyed wool with the revolutionary patented 'PROlifola' water-resistant fabric, for maximum moisture management.

Uniquely, the woollen shirt includes lumber zone ventilation, which counters the naturally heat-retentive material and prevents temperature build up in the lower back area.

The new, round-collared shirt also features longer sleeve seams for pronounced shoulder definition and has been manufactured to reduce friction and provide a performance cut that accentuates the physique.

WTF!!!!!! who is going to wear that, if was a Burnley player I would refuse or leave,

This is officially "THE WORST KIT EVER!"
ryan-c
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Bayaker » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:22 am

Has to be April fools, some clubs always do this sort of thing around this time of year.

But if it's true imagine how heavy that's gonna feel in torrential rain :lol:
Bayaker
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby ryan-c » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:25 am

I bet Burnley fans are praying it is an April fools.

At least no one will want to grab the shirt as it will feel horrible clutching onto a wet wool shirt.

I wonder if it chaifs or itches.

They will be a laughing stock playing in this.
ryan-c
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Bayaker » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:49 am

It looks like his Gran knitted it him for Christmas in that picture and that was the only thing he got.
Bayaker
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Tom_Nufc » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:57 am

:lol:

thats got april fools written all over it.

No way in hell will a club release a jumper for a kit.
Tom_Nufc
Legend
Legend

Postby ryan-c » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:01 pm

Burnley give it up, it's an April fools (Burnley fans relax).

I'd laugh if it wasn't and that it was supposed to be their kit and decided against it when everyone complained.

Oh well.
ryan-c
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby jambowambo » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:33 am

I was hoping that was true! So so funny to see Burnley's players playing in them. I wonder what the shorts and socks would be like :shock:
jambowambo
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Return to Kits, Boots and Equipment