Who are Football's Most Loyal Fans?

This is where you can tell us all your general football views either domestic or international.

Moderators: Big Jono, Moderators

Who are Football's Most Loyal Fans?

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:55 pm

According to a new research (which has been printed in The Sun newspaper) Blackpool have the most loyal support.

NEW boys Blackpool have the most loyal fans in the Premier League, a survey reveals.
Tangerines supporters plan to attend the most away games and are prepared to travel further than any others.

Arsenal's come out as the least dedicated, with one in five fans intending to go to away fixtures.

Researchers found that Blackpool's fans plan to attend six of their 19 away matches.

The supporters of manager Ian Holloway's team are ahead of West Brom and Wigan, says the poll by hire firm Europcar.

And Blackpool diehards would travel up to 171 miles, followed by those of Fulham (147) and West Brom (144).

But the average fan of Chelsea, Spurs and Man United intends to be at less than one away match - and United's would travel only 57 miles.

Most away games top five: Blackpool 5.6, West Brom 4.5, Wigan 4.4, Stoke 4.1, Fulham 3.1. Bottom five: Arsenal 0.2, Chelsea 0.4, Tottenham 0.6, Aston Villa 0.6, West Ham 0.7.

Top five in distance: Blackpool 171 miles, Fulham 147, West Brom 144, Stoke 127, Wigan 126. Bottom five: Manchester United 57, Aston Villa 58, Arsenal 64, Wolves 69, West Ham 73.

I do find this research to be a little odd and wonder how they have come to these figures?

Have these been calculated by Box offices for traveling fans?

Because to me it's more just like a they've asked a bunch of different fans...

I know Newcastle always claim to have the best traveling fans but I'd like to see real stats and facts on numbers filled by away tickets sold by fans.

On another point of view I heard a fan on the radio who claims to travel from Newcastle every Saturday down the A1 to watch his home team Southampton..... that's a pretty good effort to me.

Any others?

Postby Steely Hill » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:16 pm

there is about a million ways we could rip this 'study' to pieces.

i think its best to simply ignore such rubbish
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby goldmember » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:28 pm

leeds fans obviously...7000 made the short trip to barnsley but the majority still clapped the side off even though they conceded 5 goals to barnsley...fkn barnsley
goldmember
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby tdv123 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:02 pm

goldmember wrote:leeds fans obviously...7000 made the short trip to barnsley but the majority still clapped the side off even though they conceded 5 goals to barnsley...fkn barnsley

Could just mean there thicker or got lower standards than any other fans..
tdv123
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby chiswickboy » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:57 pm

mos certainly newcastle and fenerbahche
chiswickboy
Banned
Banned

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:49 pm

Steely Hill wrote:there is about a million ways we could rip this 'study' to pieces.

one of them is since when does how far you travel necessarily mean you are a loyal supporter ..

Postby Hams » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:00 pm

conner99 wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:there is about a million ways we could rip this 'study' to pieces.

one of them is since when does how far you travel necessarily mean you are a loyal supporter ..

I think its rubbish that loyalty is measured by distance traveled.

It should involve all sorts of things.

Maybe we should discuss what we think makes a loyal fan?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby chiswickboy » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:05 pm

Hams wrote:Maybe we should discuss what we think makes a loyal fan?

those who continue to support their team when they go down to lower division,not like some scums who switch from a london club to another,like if they were chasing prostitues(sorry)
chiswickboy
Banned
Banned

Postby Hektorek » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:37 pm

I don't think that it's a true. I am the fan of Wisla although I have 434 miles to Cracow and there are more clubs in Polish Ekstraklasa I have less miles to them. Are here any mistakes, do you understand me?
Hektorek
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby chiswickboy » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:39 pm

Hektorek wrote:

I don't think that it's a true. I am the fan of Wisla although I have 434 miles to Cracow and there are more clubs in Polish Ekstraklasa I have less miles to them. Are here any mistakes, do you understand me?

i only got extra class :D
chiswickboy
Banned
Banned

Postby Hams » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:47 pm

Hektorek wrote:

I understand your opinion and I think that its brilliant that you travel so far in Poland to watch Wisla Cracow play.

I just think that to call a fan loyal there should be other factors involved like for how long have you been a fan.

I have been watching West Ham for over 30 years now many in The second division but it didn't stop be being a supporter.
(maybe next season we will be in 2nd division again unless we start to play better soon!)
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hektorek » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:31 pm

I have been watching West Ham for over 30 years now many in The second division but it didn't stop be being a supporter. (maybe next season we will be in 2nd division again unless we start to play better soon!)

So big respect for you. I know people who stopped being the Cracovia supporters and they started to like Wisla, because Bia³a Gwiazda was the champions in Poland and we played in UEFA Cup (it was about ten years ago).
Sorry for off-top.
Hektorek
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:50 pm

I think Newcastle and portsmouth are right up there.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby chiswickboy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:10 pm

specnur wrote:I think Newcastle and portsmouth are right up there.

the toon army right up there yes,but the pompey fans seem to desert their team now and again
chiswickboy
Banned
Banned

Postby specnur » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:56 pm

after watching todays game it definitely isn't Spurs fans.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:13 am

specnur wrote:after watching todays game it definitely isn't Spurs fans.

:lol:

I noticed too that when Arsenal went 3-1 up there was a sudden rush by Spurs fans for the exits.

Maybe there was a special offer going on outside of buy one bagel get one free?

It was certainly bizarre watching a North London derby being played in front of a virtually empty stadium.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Big Jono » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:20 am

Not really Hams, I remember in the Arsenal section at the end of the 5-1 demolition by Spurs there was a total of one frog in a beret waving a flag, he was surrounded by empty seats.

This was during regular time in the match.

But the evidence above has already proven its not Arsenal so that ain't news.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby chiswickboy » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:23 pm

Hams wrote:
specnur wrote:after watching todays game it definitely isn't Spurs fans.

:lol:
I noticed too that when Arsenal went 3-1 up there was a sudden rush by Spurs fans for the exits.

Maybe there was a special offer going on outside of buy one bagel get one free?

yidosssssssssssss,can't support their team to save their lives,they've got one eye on the game,and the other on the stock xchange :D
chiswickboy
Banned
Banned

Postby Big Jono » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:44 pm

Sort it out chiswickgirl you clown.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Larry7580 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:21 am

this kind of stuff really angers me when people say you are only a "real or loyal fan" if you regularly go to games being disabled I am unable to travel up to Upton Park, but that dose not make me any less loyal than some one who gose to every game.
Larry7580

Next

Return to General Football