Ginger Kid

This section is kept just for you to discuss anything non sport related from celebrities to politics.

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Ginger Kid

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:59 am

A Domino's takeaway apologised yesterday after it referred to a schoolboy customer - as the 'Ginger Kid'.

Red-headed Ross Wajgtknecht, 11, visited his local branch with friends and gave his full name when ordering a Texas BBQ pizza.

But when he came to collect his food he was horrified to discovered that staff had written 'Ginger Kid' in place of his name on his receipt.

His two friends, who had also ordered pizza, had their first names written on their receipts.The boy, who is in his final year at Peasedown St John Primary School in Bath, Somerset, burst into tears.

He has endured constant bullying because of his bright red hair and his parents are 'disgusted' by the slur.

Ross said: 'I was really sad. I get bullied at school about my hair but you don't expect it from an adult. 'After I read it I couldn't stop thinking about it, and brought the packet home because I wanted to show my mum.'


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... r-Kid.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

Discuss...
User avatar
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 40074
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:14 pm

Postby Tom_Nufc » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:05 am

Image
User avatar
Tom_Nufc
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 18944
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:30 am
Location: Leicestershire, England. Supports:Newcastle

Postby Hams » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:49 am

I might go for that £8.99 any size deal.
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 40437
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:45 pm

i love it that his name is Ross Wajgtknecht and he expects a pizza shop waiter to write his actual name down. his name is like a Scrabble hand.

bursting into tears is hardly going to help his cause either.

its also great that after reading himself being labelled 'Ginger Kid' he "couldn't stop thinking about it" :lol: was it some kind of revelation to him? was he unaware he had what looks like an erupting volcano flowing from his skull?

get your hair cut, toughen up and stop eatnig in sh*tty pizza chain venues.
User avatar
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 40074
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:14 pm

Postby -Dave- » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:42 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He's an ugly f*cker too.
User avatar
-Dave-
World Class
World Class
 
Posts: 7778
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:27 pm

Postby Gazza-LFC » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:18 pm

Nice to know he's getting loads of sympathy here...

But lets get real for a second if it's possible,how would any of you like it if it happened to you?

Steely - what if they had wrote 'Bald guy' instead of Lee?

Tom - What if they had of wrote 'Geordie kid'?

Would you have accepted it and just laughed?

I'd have gone mental if they took the piss like that if it was my kid or myself....

Is it really that hard to ask how to spell it?
User avatar
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 10871
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:13 am
Location: Behind you

Postby Boris » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:13 am

The spelling isn't the problem, it's the pronunciation. Since when did they require last names anyway, they could have just called out "Ross" :lol:
User avatar
Boris
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 12197
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:00 am
Location: Australia -Hideout Original Member-

Postby Tipster » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:40 am

He should be proud of being a ginger haired person, as many do not get the joy that is being a natural ginger. Just for note....ginger looks better on a woman.
User avatar
Tipster
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1410
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:37 pm
Location: LEEDS, England

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:09 am

Boris wrote:The spelling isn't the problem, it's the pronunciation. Since when did they require last names anyway, they could have just called out "Ross" :lol:


This was my point but i put it wrong :lol:
User avatar
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 10871
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:13 am
Location: Behind you

Postby specnur » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:55 am

Gazza-LFC wrote:Nice to know he's getting loads of sympathy here...

But lets get real for a second if it's possible,how would any of you like it if it happened to you?

Steely - what if they had wrote 'Bald guy' instead of Lee?

Tom - What if they had of wrote 'Geordie kid'?

Would you have accepted it and just laughed?

I'd have gone mental if they took the piss like that if it was my kid or myself....

Is it really that hard to ask how to spell it?



I'm agreeing with this actually!
.

They could have written Ross on the ticket ,but typical British humor . Taking the p*ss out of those that can't defend themselves, i'd love it if his Dad was like a couple of red headed blokes i used to hang around with back in the day. Now THAT would be funny!!!!
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 16249
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Boris » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:12 pm

specnur wrote:I'm agreeing with this actually!
.

They could have written Ross on the ticket ,but typical British humor . Taking the p*ss out of those that can't defend themselves, i'd love it if his Dad was like a couple of red headed blokes i used to hang around with back in the day. Now THAT would be funny!!!!


This bloke?

Affectionately known as 'Carrot Top', well known for plastic surgery, 'roids and fits of anger :lol:

Image
User avatar
Boris
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 12197
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:00 am
Location: Australia -Hideout Original Member-

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:11 am

Gazza-LFC wrote:Nice to know he's getting loads of sympathy here...

But lets get real for a second if it's possible,how would any of you like it if it happened to you?

Steely - what if they had wrote 'Bald guy' instead of Lee?

Tom - What if they had of wrote 'Geordie kid'?

Would you have accepted it and just laughed?

I'd have gone mental if they took the piss like that if it was my kid or myself....

Is it really that hard to ask how to spell it?


:lol: :lol:

well i am not precious enough to actually care. i'd take it as a joke.

i find the whole thing funny and the fact it is in the paper is clearly a ploy to get his ginger paws on some free pizza. if the kid learned to embrace his flaming locks he would not only be able to anjoy a chuckle at his own expense but he would also be much more ready for the wider world.

for me, his weakness is the issue not the pizza waiter.
User avatar
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 40074
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:14 pm

Postby Big Jono » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:22 am

Who cares! Gingers have no souls anyway.
User avatar
Big Jono
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 30487
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:22 pm

Postby Gazza-LFC » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:41 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
Gazza-LFC wrote:Nice to know he's getting loads of sympathy here...

But lets get real for a second if it's possible,how would any of you like it if it happened to you?

Steely - what if they had wrote 'Bald guy' instead of Lee?

Tom - What if they had of wrote 'Geordie kid'?

Would you have accepted it and just laughed?

I'd have gone mental if they took the piss like that if it was my kid or myself....

Is it really that hard to ask how to spell it?


:lol: :lol:

well i am not precious enough to actually care. i'd take it as a joke.

i find the whole thing funny and the fact it is in the paper is clearly a ploy to get his ginger paws on some free pizza. if the kid learned to embrace his flaming locks he would not only be able to anjoy a chuckle at his own expense but he would also be much more ready for the wider world.

for me, his weakness is the issue not the pizza waiter.


It's not the name calling that would hurt me,it's the fact that these people think it's funny to take the piss and think they can get away with it..

If i went up to the counter and said ''alright ginger can i have the 8'' special please'' then that would be totally different and i'd be thrown out...

Yet when they do it to little defenseless kids it's funny because they don't expect any comeback..
User avatar
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 10871
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:13 am
Location: Behind you

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:57 am

Gazza-LFC wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:
Gazza-LFC wrote:Nice to know he's getting loads of sympathy here...

But lets get real for a second if it's possible,how would any of you like it if it happened to you?

Steely - what if they had wrote 'Bald guy' instead of Lee?

Tom - What if they had of wrote 'Geordie kid'?

Would you have accepted it and just laughed?

I'd have gone mental if they took the piss like that if it was my kid or myself....

Is it really that hard to ask how to spell it?


:lol: :lol:

well i am not precious enough to actually care. i'd take it as a joke.

i find the whole thing funny and the fact it is in the paper is clearly a ploy to get his ginger paws on some free pizza. if the kid learned to embrace his flaming locks he would not only be able to anjoy a chuckle at his own expense but he would also be much more ready for the wider world.

for me, his weakness is the issue not the pizza waiter.


It's not the name calling that would hurt me,it's the fact that these people think it's funny to take the piss and think they can get away with it..

If i went up to the counter and said ''alright ginger can i have the 8'' special please'' then that would be totally different and i'd be thrown out...

Yet when they do it to little defenseless kids it's funny because they don't expect any comeback..


but if the kid was comfortable in his own skin and had an ounce of humour about him he would have been able to respond with a witty comeback instead of bursting into tears. even if he didn't have any wit and just called the bloke a c*nt would present a far better option to take than crying in front of everyone and running home to mummy.

if something as simple as that makes him cry how will he cope when he goes to senior school and the rest?

like i said, he needs to toughen up and embrace his fiery barnet. only then will he be able to grow up.
User avatar
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 40074
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:14 pm

Postby specnur » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:06 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
but if the kid was comfortable in his own skin and had an ounce of humour about him he would have been able to respond with a witty comeback instead of bursting into tears. even if he didn't have any wit and just called the bloke a c*nt would present a far better option to take than crying in front of everyone and running home to mummy.

if something as simple as that makes him cry how will he cope when he goes to senior school and the rest?

like i said, he needs to toughen up and embrace his fiery barnet. only then will he be able to grow up.


Doesn't all that really depend on his personal experiences in regards to bullying in School or elsewhere?
What if he was the only Ginger haired kid in his School and was constantly harassed every day?
Don't you think he should expect at least so form of escape from those cowardly attitudes when he saunters down to his local pizza joint operated by adults?
The Worker should be fired without question ,and the kid should be given a year of free pizza from that establishment .
:wink:
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 16249
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Gazza-LFC » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:06 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
Gazza-LFC wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:
Gazza-LFC wrote:Nice to know he's getting loads of sympathy here...

But lets get real for a second if it's possible,how would any of you like it if it happened to you?

Steely - what if they had wrote 'Bald guy' instead of Lee?

Tom - What if they had of wrote 'Geordie kid'?

Would you have accepted it and just laughed?

I'd have gone mental if they took the piss like that if it was my kid or myself....

Is it really that hard to ask how to spell it?


:lol: :lol:

well i am not precious enough to actually care. i'd take it as a joke.

i find the whole thing funny and the fact it is in the paper is clearly a ploy to get his ginger paws on some free pizza. if the kid learned to embrace his flaming locks he would not only be able to anjoy a chuckle at his own expense but he would also be much more ready for the wider world.

for me, his weakness is the issue not the pizza waiter.


It's not the name calling that would hurt me,it's the fact that these people think it's funny to take the piss and think they can get away with it..

If i went up to the counter and said ''alright ginger can i have the 8'' special please'' then that would be totally different and i'd be thrown out...

Yet when they do it to little defenseless kids it's funny because they don't expect any comeback..


but if the kid was comfortable in his own skin and had an ounce of humour about him he would have been able to respond with a witty comeback instead of bursting into tears. even if he didn't have any wit and just called the bloke a c*nt would present a far better option to take than crying in front of everyone and running home to mummy.

if something as simple as that makes him cry how will he cope when he goes to senior school and the rest?

like i said, he needs to toughen up and embrace his fiery barnet. only then will he be able to grow up.


He's 11 and is being bullied at school lol
User avatar
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 10871
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:13 am
Location: Behind you

Postby Steely Hill » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:54 am

specnur wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:
but if the kid was comfortable in his own skin and had an ounce of humour about him he would have been able to respond with a witty comeback instead of bursting into tears. even if he didn't have any wit and just called the bloke a c*nt would present a far better option to take than crying in front of everyone and running home to mummy.

if something as simple as that makes him cry how will he cope when he goes to senior school and the rest?

like i said, he needs to toughen up and embrace his fiery barnet. only then will he be able to grow up.


Doesn't all that really depend on his personal experiences in regards to bullying in School or elsewhere?
What if he was the only Ginger haired kid in his School and was constantly harassed every day?
Don't you think he should expect at least so form of escape from those cowardly attitudes when he saunters down to his local pizza joint operated by adults?
The Worker should be fired without question ,and the kid should be given a year of free pizza from that establishment .
:wink:


:lol:

but then he'd just end up being a fat ginger kid.
User avatar
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 40074
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:14 pm

Postby Steely Hill » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:08 am

Gazza-LFC wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:
Gazza-LFC wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:
Gazza-LFC wrote:Nice to know he's getting loads of sympathy here...

But lets get real for a second if it's possible,how would any of you like it if it happened to you?

Steely - what if they had wrote 'Bald guy' instead of Lee?

Tom - What if they had of wrote 'Geordie kid'?

Would you have accepted it and just laughed?

I'd have gone mental if they took the piss like that if it was my kid or myself....

Is it really that hard to ask how to spell it?


:lol: :lol:

well i am not precious enough to actually care. i'd take it as a joke.

i find the whole thing funny and the fact it is in the paper is clearly a ploy to get his ginger paws on some free pizza. if the kid learned to embrace his flaming locks he would not only be able to anjoy a chuckle at his own expense but he would also be much more ready for the wider world.

for me, his weakness is the issue not the pizza waiter.


It's not the name calling that would hurt me,it's the fact that these people think it's funny to take the piss and think they can get away with it..

If i went up to the counter and said ''alright ginger can i have the 8'' special please'' then that would be totally different and i'd be thrown out...

Yet when they do it to little defenseless kids it's funny because they don't expect any comeback..


but if the kid was comfortable in his own skin and had an ounce of humour about him he would have been able to respond with a witty comeback instead of bursting into tears. even if he didn't have any wit and just called the bloke a c*nt would present a far better option to take than crying in front of everyone and running home to mummy.

if something as simple as that makes him cry how will he cope when he goes to senior school and the rest?

like i said, he needs to toughen up and embrace his fiery barnet. only then will he be able to grow up.


He's 11 and is being bullied at school lol


but the bullying and this incident is over the same issue - his hair.

now, what i dont get with gingers is that, clearly, at elast one of their parents is a fellow ginge who will be able to emphasise with their offspring and probably had to endure a bit of ribbing about it themselevs back in the day. why then do they not speak to their kids about it and get them to be proud of their hair and even love it? nobody can be 'bullied' over something that they actually like.

the kid obviously has zero confidence in himself and i put the blame for that squarely at the foot of his parents who have most likely mollycodlled him and spoilt him knowing full well what banter lay ahead of him as he gets older. this has done him no favours and ends with him in a national newspaper admitting that he burst into tears in the middle of a pizza joint because somebody mocked his barnet.

getting back to his parents, why would they willingly put their kid in the paper over this incident when he is claimed to be getting 'bullied'? he is in the last year of primary school and so will start a new school in September. when his new classmates get a glimpse of him he will be getting more stick than ever before, most of it because of this story. its what kids do. the kids parents have done him absolutely no favours at all.
User avatar
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 40074
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:14 pm

Postby Gazza-LFC » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:20 pm

I totally agree that the parents are gonna make this worse in the long run and this will encourage more bullying in his new school,his parents shouldn't have allowed this story to happen and should have dealt with it face to face with whoever was responsible from the pizza place..

Eventually little Ross will have to man up and take it on the chin,but yeah you're right about his parents who could have prevented this kid being so soft..

I read somewhere that boxer George Groves was bullied about his ginger hair too but look at him now,so again i do agree little Ross will have to man up and one day take it and give it back..
User avatar
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 10871
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:13 am
Location: Behind you


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest