Difference from Replica and Real Jersey's (what the players)

This is where you can tell us all your general football views either domestic or international.

Moderators: Big Jono, Moderators

Difference from Replica and Real Jersey's (what the players)

Postby funk-13 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:19 am

Hi All,

Obviously I have just joined the forum, first topic and first post.

One of my work colleagues believes what the players wear is different to what we purchase from the official websites and stadiums.

Can anyone confirm that the jerseys purchased from the i.e. Chelsea Megastore are exactly what the players wear for the official matches?
funk-13
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Re: Difference from Replica and Real Jersey's (what the play

Postby Sparkyjinx » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:23 pm

funk-13 wrote:Hi All,

Obviously I have just joined the forum, first topic and first post.

One of my work colleagues believes what the players wear is different to what we purchase from the official websites and stadiums.

Can anyone confirm that the jerseys purchased from the i.e. Chelsea Megastore are exactly what the players wear for the official matches?

I didn't really twig this, until my missus got me a book about Spurs kits called "Lillywhite & Blue"....

Your work colleague is spot on, with perhaps some but & not all replica shirts.

Examples being the Spurs shirt worn v Man United in the Carling cup final consisted of two layers of fabric, one to wipe away moisture, the other to keep the player warm. It was not available as a replica.

Another example was the '94 home shirt - "typical of its era: completely different to its replica with its embossed Holsten sponsor, machine-sewn crest & embroidered umbro diamond. From the back of the Paxton Road End, you can tell a players shirt from the replica."

The book does not specify all shirts are different, but with today's fabric being making certain advancements with regards to a players needs as opposed to a fans, there may well be many more than I relalised anyway!
Sparkyjinx
World Class
World Class

Return to General Football