Should Mancini be sacked?

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Yes
31%
No
69%

Total votes : 26

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:41 pm

To the mods, I'd like to change my vote if possible.

2011-12 so far:

Record in Premier League: Very good - only dropped 2 points. But they have spent much more money than everyone else.

Record in Europe: Poor that they are no in qualifying position, after 2 home matches and 1 away. Considering money spent.

Mancini's time at helm: Almost two years - plenty of time to stamp his authority on things

My verdict: Not yet.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Conner99 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:09 pm

is this a serious question ....? Man City win the FA CUP last season , qualify for the Champions League and are currently top of the Premier League ....under Roberto Mancini ...should he be sacked ...a pretty easy answer to make

NO
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Boris » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:10 pm

He has 'dropped' two points. They are unbeaten in the league, winning all games except a draw against Fulham.

They are a point short of Napoli after 3 matchdays in the Champions League, it's not like it's matchday 6 and they're 4 points adrift of 2nd. They have equal points with Chelsea and Arsenal in the CL but aren't afforded as easy a group.

I propose a new poll. Should Nick be stopped from starting new topics?

2011-2012 so far:

Alot of crying about everyone's finances and their results. All this number crunching doesn't leave enough time to watch or discuss the actual football.

My verdict: Yes, yes we should stop him from making topics.
Boris
Legend
Legend

Postby Big Jono » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:14 pm

No.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:10 pm

Boris wrote:Alot of crying about everyone's finances and their results.

That's a false accusation. If you can find one comment which you consider whingey, I'll be very surprised.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby ClearWhiteLight » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:25 pm

Boris wrote:He has 'dropped' two points. They are unbeaten in the league, winning all games except a draw against Fulham.

They are a point short of Napoli after 3 matchdays in the Champions League, it's not like it's matchday 6 and they're 4 points adrift of 2nd. They have equal points with Chelsea and Arsenal in the CL but aren't afforded as easy a group.

I propose a new poll. Should Nick be stopped from starting new topics?

2011-2012 so far:

Alot of crying about everyone's finances and their results. All this number crunching doesn't leave enough time to watch or discuss the actual football.

My verdict: Yes, yes we should stop him from making topics.

Priceles and worth coming on just to read it...................Your mission Boris should you wish to take it on is to now find said posts, before our Polish member can edit the details!

Shame is the forum crash means you have missed out on a large find of potential evidence..............

This post will self destruct in 30 seconds from now...............

CWL Image
ClearWhiteLight
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:31 pm

I have not edited a thing, since Boris posted that I did a lot of crying.
And I repeat that I have not whinged at all, but I will be more than happy to see any comment I have made which Boris considers to be whingeing.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:41 pm

By the way, ClearWhiteLight, shouldn't you be flogging that dead horse called the anti-Ashley campaign? :lol: :lol: :lol:
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Boris » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:10 am

He has about 12 hours until the search begins, but I'll know if anything has been edited as there will be a timestamp at the bottom of the message :lol:
Boris
Legend
Legend

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:14 am

Boris wrote:He has about 12 hours until the search begins, but I'll know if anything has been edited as there will be a timestamp at the bottom of the message :lol:

Oh good - so you'll know that I haven't edited anything.

As I said, any time, I'll be happy to see anything that you consider to be whingey.
:)
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Hams » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:46 am

:lol:

No!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Boris » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:40 am

NickKIELCEPoland wrote:

That's a false accusation. If you can find one comment which you consider whingey, I'll be very surprised.

I also found it funny that from my whole post you only picked this one bit to contest. I'll start looking for those posts now.
Boris
Legend
Legend

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:42 am

Boris wrote:
NickKIELCEPoland wrote:

I also found it funny that from my whole post you only picked this one bit to contest. I'll start looking for those posts now.

I accept that he shouldn't be sacked, yet.
Initially, I wrote in the op that he should be sacked, and I voted that he should be. Then I noticed that he'd only lost 2 points in the Prem, and I edited the op, but that was before you accused me (falsely) of crying / whingeing.
And the editing was simply because I changed my mind.

Regarding your accusation of me whingeing, I hope it is true that you can see whether or not I've edited postings (and when they were edited). This means that you'll see that I haven't edited a single post after you accused me (falsely) of whingeing.

I will be grateful if you can find a post which you genuinely would call whingeing.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:26 am

I want Man City to win the Champions League quite soon.
I'm not a City fan, but I want them to win it soon, so that their fans become ecstatic about winning it, and give us a colourful celebration.

Abramomicz's Chelsea have still not won it after 8 years, and their fans get disappointed every time they don't win it, and winning the league no longer gives them real happiness.

If Chelsea win the Champions League, the prime sensation will be one of relief. The fans will all think 'Thank goodness we won it, before Abramovicz gets bored with this pastime'

City need to win it quickly, while the City fans are still mentally living in a mid-table world. Trust me, for maximum happiness, they need to win it as quickly as possible.

Hughes wasn't good enough, and rightly got the sack - but I was surprised that they brought in Mancini, whose Scudettos were won under rather unusual, and relatively easy, circumstances. He was without any European success, too.

So-far, Mancini has lived up to his underwhelming CV, although this season, I'll admit, his league form has been impressive, although it's early days.

And why does he rely on defensive 1-goal wins? All that money at his disposal??? Not impressive.

CIty fans aren't daft - they can see what we can see - there are a lot better managers than Mancini who would leap at the chance of managing Man City - but they aren't saying it, for fear of sounding ungrateful - but it's still a fact.

Finally, one question: Do you think there are far better managers than Mancini who would leap at the chance of managing Man City?
Last edited by NickKIELCEPoland on Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Steely Hill » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:51 am

NickKIELCEPoland wrote:And why does he rely on defensive 1-goal wins? All that money at his disposal??? Not impressive.

so far this season -

4-0 v swansea
3-2 v bolton
5-1 v spurs
3-0 v wigan
1-1 v napoli
2-2 v fulham
2-0 v birmingham (CC)
2-0 v everton
0-2 v Bayern
4-0 v blackburn
4-1 v aston villa

just a single one goal win by my count...
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:53 am

Okay, but yesterday he had a very lucky 1-goal win against the team that are 14th in Spain.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Steely Hill » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:59 am

so that is two out of 12 games.

even floody could work out that makes just over a mere 16% of their games.

hardly reliant, is it.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:03 am

Steely Hill wrote:so that is two out of 12 games.

hardly reliant, is it.

No, it isn't reliant or conclusive, and if Mancini is playing happy football, then I'm glad I was wrong.
But last season, City finished 3rd, which is okay (no more than okay), and had loads of lucky 1-goal wins.

I hope Mancini proves me wrong, as it would be a nice change to have them win the league, and the Champions League, but we'll see.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Steely Hill » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:32 am

NickKIELCEPoland wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:so that is two out of 12 games.

hardly reliant, is it.

No, it isn't reliant or conclusive, and if Mancini is playing happy football, then I'm glad I was wrong.
But last season, City finished 3rd, which is okay (no more than okay), and had loads of lucky 1-goal wins.

I hope Mancini proves me wrong, as it would be a nice change to have them win the league, and the Champions League, but we'll see.

:lol:

Nick your forum skills are on another planet.

you seem to throw out wild statements with seemingly no idea as to whether there is any substance to your claims.

i suppose it makes my job as a purveyor of truth and integrity in the field of educating and informing a little easier.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:45 am

Man City's owners have been there since 2008, and have been throwing 100s of millions at Mark Hughes and Roberto Mancini!!!!!!!

They need to get their finger out, and appoint a world-class manager, instead of wasting money.

They've got lots of money, but little sense.
And City fans are too grateful to complain.

Is Mancini world-class? Could Man City have a world-class manager?
Exactly, and exactly!
Nuff said, wake up City's owners, and stop throwing money at good, but not world-class, managers, like Mancini and Hughes
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League