The Super Mario Balotelli Thread.

This is where you can tell us all your general football views either domestic or international.

Moderators: Big Jono, Moderators

The Super Mario Balotelli Thread.

Postby Hams » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:51 pm

Sat, 22 Oct 17:43:00 2011

Manchester City's build-up to the Manchester derby has received an unusual distraction after Mario Balotelli managed to set fire to his own house with a firework in the early hours of Saturday morning.

The Italian striker, who has a history of self-inflicted problems, was letting off fireworks in his bathroom with friends which then led to "a substantial fire" according to a report in the Guardian.

Balotelli is alleged to have told the club that he was letting off the fireworks out a window, when one of them caused a towel to catch fire which then quickly spread.

Balotelli is believed to have claimed that one of his friends let off the incriminating firework while at one point he is said to have run back inside the burning house to recover a quantity of money and a suitcase.

The Guardian quotes the fire service as saying: "Four breathing apparatus and two hose reel water jets were used to deal with the fire and a large fan was used to clear the smoke from the property.

"Crews managed to put the fire out within half an hour of arriving but remained at the scene until 2.45 am to prevent any possible flare-ups. Smoke alarms were fitted at the property and the occupiers were able to get out unharmed. The fire was caused by a firework."

A police spokesman added: "Police provided assistance to Cheshire fire and rescue service as well as ensuring residents were accounted for and there was no danger to surrounding properties. At this time, the cause of the fire is being examined by fire investigators and the police. However, it is not thought to be suspicious."

Balotelli, who has scored in each of his last four games, has since checked into a hotel with the City team ahead of Sunday's derby with Manchester United and trained with his team-mates on Saturday.
Eurosport


Any comments?!
Last edited by Hams on Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39586
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby paddypoohead » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:28 pm

*awaits Specnur's defence*
User avatar
paddypoohead
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 2604
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:27 am

Postby specnur » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:32 am

More cracker based fodder!

Pretty much expected really from that lot ,they'll report anything in their quest.
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15985
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Boris » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:24 am

Regardless of the footballer, they'd report it if they set fire to their own house :lol:
User avatar
Boris
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 12188
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:00 am
Location: Australia -Hideout Original Member-

Postby O Dogg » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:18 am

It's quite simple - the guy's an idiot.

A complete waste of resources and tax payers money. Fireworks shouldn't be made available to the general public in my opinion.
User avatar
O Dogg
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 16792
Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 5:09 pm
Location: Cardiff

Postby specnur » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:40 pm

O Dogg wrote:It's quite simple - the guy's an idiot.

A complete waste of resources and tax payers money. Fireworks shouldn't be made available to the general public in my opinion.



I'm pretty sure the taxes Balotelli pays will more than compensate the trouble his mate put the fire men through.
I'm also quite sure that after his performance against man u many of the real manchester locals will pay them taxes willingly and build him a new extension to his mansion with 10 bathrooms in.
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15985
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:11 pm

Image
User avatar
Stan Kroenke's moustache
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 7541
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:51 pm

Postby Arthur V » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:38 pm

A TRUE HERO
User avatar
Arthur V
Youth Academy
Youth Academy
 
Posts: 962
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:58 pm
Location: Brasilia, Brasil....Supports Sao Paulo

Postby specnur » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:11 pm

Stan Kroenke's moustache wrote:Image


Love it!

Special talent , immature and naive in nature ,but with age comes experience. he just got have the right people around him like Vieira to give him some direction and advice regarding the nefarious dealings of local tabloid press.
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15985
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Big Jono » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:28 am

Just another idiot footballer, money money than brains.
User avatar
Big Jono
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 30478
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:22 pm

Postby specnur » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:52 pm

Big Jono wrote:Just another idiot footballer, money money than brains.


Not really "just another" , he was voted best young player on the planet world wide and was man of the match in probably one of the biggest game this year. That don't sound like a regular footballer to me if that's the case then the standards are better than i am aware of.

That aside it really amuses me this story.
From what i have learnt this fire was contained to a bathroom only.
But if you listen to the sky report ,"Balotelli was lucky to escape with his life", 2 fire trucks were sent to the scene with "breathing apparatus" "and that "Balotelli set fire to his house playing with fireworks". From i have read it was Balotelli's friend that actually caused the fire ,but i guess it doesn't matter. The rest whoever is a shameless over exaggeration of the the facts.
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15985
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Hams » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:30 pm

Mario Balotelli is going to now front a fire work safety campaign!

Image
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39586
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Big Jono » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:27 pm

specnur wrote:
Big Jono wrote:Just another idiot footballer, money money than brains.


Not really "just another" , he was voted best young player on the planet world wide and was man of the match in probably one of the biggest game this year. That don't sound like a regular footballer to me if that's the case then the standards are better than i am aware of.

That aside it really amuses me this story.
From what i have learnt this fire was contained to a bathroom only.
But if you listen to the sky report ,"Balotelli was lucky to escape with his life", 2 fire trucks were sent to the scene with "breathing apparatus" "and that "Balotelli set fire to his house playing with fireworks". From i have read it was Balotelli's friend that actually caused the fire ,but i guess it doesn't matter. The rest whoever is a shameless over exaggeration of the the facts.


Maybe that came out wrong, no hes not just another footballer he is supremely talented.

I mean just another idiot footballer seeing as a lot of them are just plain dumb! I was grouping him with the rest in that sense.

They are young, rich, and have too much time on their hands though they dont need ot be smart and things like this will happen.
User avatar
Big Jono
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 30478
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:22 pm

Postby Steely Hill » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:08 am

i like him.

i think he treads a fine line between idiocy and eccentricity that is quite engaging.
User avatar
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39659
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:14 pm

Postby berikson » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:18 am

haha funny guy good advertisement for fireworks day he should have the v for vendetta mask on
berikson
Grass Roots
Grass Roots
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:55 am
Location: London UK

Postby specnur » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:23 pm

Steely Hill wrote:i like him.

i think he treads a fine line between idiocy and eccentricity that is quite engaging.


Funny that ! you seem to have taken to the same approach as the rest of them lot in the press.
was pivotal part in the demolition of the best team in the league by scoring the first two goals and getting the opponent reduced to 10 men with his superior ability and all you lot what to talk about is the negatives that in some bizarre fantasy world seems to outweigh those positives. I haven't heard one report on sky or here about his performance that day and if it were Tevez they would be waxing poetically for weeks. The next day the boy couldn't get the same amount of credit for his ability than other players. I think it's criminal personally and something as a Brit that i am actually ashamed of ,and i' not even joking.
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15985
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Steely Hill » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:32 pm

specnur wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:i like him.

i think he treads a fine line between idiocy and eccentricity that is quite engaging.


Funny that ! you seem to have taken to the same approach as the rest of them lot in the press.
was pivotal part in the demolition of the best team in the league by scoring the first two goals and getting the opponent reduced to 10 men with his superior ability and all you lot what to talk about is the negatives that in some bizarre fantasy world seems to outweigh those positives. I haven't heard one report on sky or here about his performance that day and if it were Tevez they would be waxing poetically for weeks. The next day the boy couldn't get the same amount of credit for his ability than other players. I think it's criminal personally and something as a Brit that i am actually ashamed of ,and i' not even joking.


think you need to step down from your soap box, my good man.

i was simply saying i like the bloke's personality. nothing more, nothing less. it's funny how i am apparently swayed by the media into liking him - i thought the media had an agenda against him?

if this was a thread on his ability as a player then i would have passed my judgement on that as well. as it's not, i didn't.
User avatar
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39659
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:14 pm

Postby specnur » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:44 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
specnur wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:i like him.

i think he treads a fine line between idiocy and eccentricity that is quite engaging.


Funny that ! you seem to have taken to the same approach as the rest of them lot in the press.
was pivotal part in the demolition of the best team in the league by scoring the first two goals and getting the opponent reduced to 10 men with his superior ability and all you lot what to talk about is the negatives that in some bizarre fantasy world seems to outweigh those positives. I haven't heard one report on sky or here about his performance that day and if it were Tevez they would be waxing poetically for weeks. The next day the boy couldn't get the same amount of credit for his ability than other players. I think it's criminal personally and something as a Brit that i am actually ashamed of ,and i' not even joking.


think you need to step down from your soap box, my good man.

i was simply saying i like the bloke's personality. nothing more, nothing less. it's funny how i am apparently swayed by the media into liking him - i thought the media had an agenda against him?

if this was a thread on his ability as a player then i would have passed my judgement on that as well. as it's not, i didn't.


BUt you like him for negative reason's which happen to be a miniscule in comparison to others in football today. You've just jumped on the bandwagon whether you understand that or not ,when this happens. Because if you just take a second to take yourself out of the wave of popular belief created by the press you will see that the amount of attention he gets for stupid stuff players have done from day one doesn't add up when you look at his performance as a player on the pitch since he stepped into this league. If it were a bit more balanced i would have a laugh also but this is a blatant case of demonization.

IN contrast I like Rooney , He's done things 3 times more ridiculous than Balotelli ,but that doesn't outweigh what he does on the pit hc in my opinion of him. I don;t like him because he sh*gs grannies, or cheats on his pregnant missus or gets a hair transplant or P*sses in public. I can only imagine reaction if Balotelli did any of these things let alone one.
I will keep standing on my soap box for Balotelli because i think there has been an unusual attempt at demonizing this special talent from the day he set foot in the league for little or no reason that has anything to do with league.
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15985
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Learning » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:36 pm

For some reason I love that Why Always Me gesture :D :D :D He doesnt come across as bad person, just immature and temperamental....but as long as he does well on the pitch for Man C and they beat Man U I dont care :D
User avatar
Learning
World Class
World Class
 
Posts: 7922
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:45 pm

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:05 pm

I don't think he should have set fire to his house.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned
 
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 5:40 am
Location: Lublin, Poland

Next

Return to General Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests