Sunderland v Liverpool

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Sunderland v Liverpool

Postby Conner99 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:10 pm

Sunderland will feel aggreived they had victory snatched away from them right at the death as Newcastle snatched a dramatic equaliser in injury time in a 1-1 draw . It was a bad tempered match with 8 yellow cards and two red cards being shown ..to Sessegnon and Cattermole (after the final whistle) . Sunderland are currently 12th in the table .


Liverpool lost for the first time at Anfield this season ...the home fans were left wondering exactly how as Arsenal went home with a 2-1 victory and all 3 pts ...it leaves Liverpool 10 pts behind the top four and the chances of a Champions League place are now hanging by a thread ..manager Kenny Daglish was again left cursing the missed chances that should have had this game won by half time ..he will be hoping for a bit more luck against Sunderland .
User avatar
Conner99
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2899
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:33 am
Location: Essex

Postby Hams » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:37 am

With Sunderlands best player Sessegnon being suspended I fancy Liverpool to take all 3 points.
(I hope there are no beach balls this time)

Sunderland 1-2 Liverpool
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39480
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:20 pm

Did you know that Sunderland’s last win in this fixture came courtesy of a deflection from a beach ball thrown on to the pitch back in October 2009.
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39480
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:00 pm

Sunderland 1-0 Liverpool FT

Bendtner


Liverpool's dreadful form continues and without scoring yet again,whoever is in charge in the summer once again needs another clearout,Adam has to leave along with Spearing and Downing.

Very poor Liverpool team,we are too predictable and are awful to watch...

Shock number two of the week OWEN_ENG,i am starting to agree about Kenny now too,he's done a superb job to steady us and get us back into europe but as of now he looks out of his depth with regards to pushing us to the top four...i hate saying it as Kenny is Mr Liverpool but we look awful.

Chelsea and Arsenal have been shockingly poor this season yet we are miles behind them both still,it simply isn't good enough for the money we have spent.
User avatar
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 10869
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:13 am
Location: Behind you

Postby Zinc » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:11 pm

Great result, now we've really only got to worry about Chelsea and Newcastle behind us, hopefully after monday Newcastle will have taken a big hit in their challenge for 4th and Chelsea will be our only realistic rivals.
User avatar
Zinc
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:23 pm

Postby mrtz » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:12 pm

:lol: absolutely pathetic
User avatar
mrtz
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15143
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:08 am
Location: New York, New York

Postby chin-up » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:03 pm

Why is Liverpool waiting for ?
Kenny should have been fired a long time ago.

If one looks at the standing, Liverpool is only 3 points ahead 11th place.
Who thought about that at the start of this season ?
Last edited by chin-up on Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
chin-up
Banned
Banned
 
Posts: 5503
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:04 am
Location: Pride of London

Postby OWEN_ENG » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:48 pm

Gazza-LFC wrote:Sunderland 1-0 Liverpool FT

Bendtner


Liverpool's dreadful form continues and without scoring yet again,whoever is in charge in the summer once again needs another clearout,Adam has to leave along with Spearing and Downing.

Very poor Liverpool team,we are too predictable and are awful to watch...

Shock number two of the week OWEN_ENG,i am starting to agree about Kenny now too,he's done a superb job to steady us and get us back into europe but as of now he looks out of his depth with regards to pushing us to the top four...i hate saying it as Kenny is Mr Liverpool but we look awful.

Chelsea and Arsenal have been shockingly poor this season yet we are miles behind them both still,it simply isn't good enough for the money we have spent.


Glad you're seeing it...I like to think of myself as a realist and like to give credit when it's due...but really the team is going backwards and I predict we will finish 8th this season...

Anyways, not a surprising result by any means for me...if anything...it was expected...at least for me.
User avatar
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1683
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:04 am
Location: Canada

Postby OWEN_ENG » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:50 pm

mrtz wrote::lol: absolutely pathetic


:lol:

Kenny's wonderful Mr. Liverpool reputation is on the line...and his legacy will be destroyed if the team can't deliver the goods...that's the risk of managing a top team (as a former player of that same team) I suppose
User avatar
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1683
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:04 am
Location: Canada

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:53 pm

OWEN_ENG wrote:
mrtz wrote::lol: absolutely pathetic


:lol:

Kenny's wonderful Mr. Liverpool reputation is on the line...and his legacy will be destroyed if the team can't deliver the goods...that's the risk of managing a top team (as a former player of that same team) I suppose


Kenny's legacy will never be destroyed just for finishing 7th or 8th
User avatar
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 10869
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:13 am
Location: Behind you

Postby OWEN_ENG » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:57 pm

Gazza-LFC wrote:
OWEN_ENG wrote:
mrtz wrote::lol: absolutely pathetic


:lol:

Kenny's wonderful Mr. Liverpool reputation is on the line...and his legacy will be destroyed if the team can't deliver the goods...that's the risk of managing a top team (as a former player of that same team) I suppose


Kenny's legacy will never be destroyed just for finishing 7th or 8th


Well it's risky nevertheless...

I think the best thing for Kenny to do to help the club is take the back-burner and play an ambassador type role while supporting whoever does come in...just my two cents.
User avatar
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1683
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:04 am
Location: Canada

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:00 pm

OWEN_ENG wrote:
Gazza-LFC wrote:
OWEN_ENG wrote:
mrtz wrote::lol: absolutely pathetic


:lol:

Kenny's wonderful Mr. Liverpool reputation is on the line...and his legacy will be destroyed if the team can't deliver the goods...that's the risk of managing a top team (as a former player of that same team) I suppose


Kenny's legacy will never be destroyed just for finishing 7th or 8th


Well it's risky nevertheless...

I think the best thing for Kenny to do to help the club is take the back-burner and play an ambassador type role while supporting whoever does come in...just my two cents.


It's certainly not risky either,Dalglish is a god who's reputation will never be tarnished,these two seasons he's done good for Liverpool and actually helped the club so it's definitely not risky.
User avatar
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 10869
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:13 am
Location: Behind you

Postby Hams » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:09 pm

Who was in Liverpool's line up today?

I was too busy this afternoon to post the team selections.
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39480
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:11 pm

Hams wrote:Who was in Liverpool's line up today?

I was too busy this afternoon to post the team selections.


Reina

Kelly
Skrtel
Coates
Enrique

Adam
Henderson
Bellamy
Spearing

Kuyt
Suarez
User avatar
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 10869
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:13 am
Location: Behind you

Postby Hams » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:13 pm

Thanks Gazza

You'd have thought that lot were good enough to at least come away from Sunderland with a draw?
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39480
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby specnur » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:17 pm

Hilarious ,Absolutely Hilarious at 66 mins and 53 seconds of this game! Probably one of the worst passes i have ever seen in my life. Jack Colback gets that ball in the middle of the pitch ,got two teammates directly to his right wide open one about a yard forward and 15 feet away ,the other in the same line about 25 feet away . Colback kicks the ball over both of them into touch!
What makes this play more incredible is that the sequence before it he did impeccably well gaining control of the ball ,turning his man and splitting two Liverpool players who were about 2 feet apart with a pass going forward. Great play absolutely ruined by a rush of blood to the head.
I'm sorry to put focus on the negative rather than the positive here ,but i couldn't believe that pattern of play!
:D
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15966
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby specnur » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:59 pm

The karma keeps rolling through that Liverpool team. Could they suffer the same fate as the last league cup winners?
The plummet continues!
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15966
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby chin-up » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:04 pm

Funny, Liverpool plummet continues, I read.
Somehow, I see Arsenal on the same slide.
User avatar
chin-up
Banned
Banned
 
Posts: 5503
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:04 am
Location: Pride of London

Postby OWEN_ENG » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:27 pm

Gazza-LFC wrote:
OWEN_ENG wrote:
Gazza-LFC wrote:
OWEN_ENG wrote:
mrtz wrote::lol: absolutely pathetic


:lol:

Kenny's wonderful Mr. Liverpool reputation is on the line...and his legacy will be destroyed if the team can't deliver the goods...that's the risk of managing a top team (as a former player of that same team) I suppose


Kenny's legacy will never be destroyed just for finishing 7th or 8th


Well it's risky nevertheless...

I think the best thing for Kenny to do to help the club is take the back-burner and play an ambassador type role while supporting whoever does come in...just my two cents.


It's certainly not risky either,Dalglish is a god who's reputation will never be tarnished,these two seasons he's done good for Liverpool and actually helped the club so it's definitely not risky.


Perhaps not to the faithful but for the younger generation, one's gotta imagine if he does indeed fail to deliver the goods for Liverpool he will be remembered as a failure and not the fantastic player he was...
User avatar
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1683
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:04 am
Location: Canada

Postby ToffeeBlue » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:32 pm

Legends should never go back, happened with Kendall at Everton and it was always likely to happen to Queen Kenny especially after so long out of the game
ToffeeBlue
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:01 pm
Location: Liverpool

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest