npower championship - 20th/21st March

All The latest fixtures,results,tables and discussion from the 4th biggest league in European football.

Moderator: Moderators

npower championship - 20th/21st March

Postby Hams » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:03 pm

Week 38

Tuesday March 20th
19:45 Bristol City v Watford
19:45 Brighton and Hove Albion v Derby County
19:45 Doncaster Rovers v Millwall
19:45 Peterborough United v Reading
19:45 West Ham United v Middlesbrough
19:45 Portsmouth v Birmingham City
19:45 Leeds United v Nottingham Forest
19:45 Hull City v Southampton
20:00 Crystal Palace v Barnsley

Wednesday March 21st
19:45 Cardiff City v Coventry City
19:45 Ipswich Town v Burnley
20:00 Blackpool v Leicester City

League leaders Southampton are away at Hull City on Tuesday night.

West Ham face another tough fixture,this time at home against Middlesbrough.

This will be live on Sky Sports with a 7.45pm Kick off and won't be for the faint hearted.

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:17 am

I heard on the radio that West Ham have not won at home in the league on Tuesday night since 2004.
What a shocking statistic!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:22 am

well how many games have we actually played in that time?

with the game live on sky and the cheapest ticket going for £32 it will be interesting to see the attendance for our game.

regarding the game itself it is simply must win. anything less will hopefully result in vocal disapproval as it will pretty much confirm that we are a team devoid of bottle. with the other two facing reasonably straightforward away games we can not afford any more slips

none of Allardyce's forward options have really had an impact but that is largely down to the dogsh*t service from our hoof merchants. hopefully we will think about playing the ball to our strikers feet and on the floor beyond the backline rather than booting the ball into the corner like 7 year olds.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hoop45 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:12 am

Steely Hill wrote:well how many games have we actually played in that time?

with the game live on sky and the cheapest ticket going for £32 it will be interesting to see the attendance for our game.

regarding the game itself it is simply must win. anything less will hopefully result in vocal disapproval as it will pretty much confirm that we are a team devoid of bottle. with the other two facing reasonably straightforward away games we can not afford any more slips

none of Allardyce's forward options have really had an impact but that is largely down to the dogsh*t service from our hoof merchants. hopefully we will think about playing the ball to our strikers feet and on the floor beyond the backline rather than booting the ball into the corner like 7 year olds.

I paid this yesterday for a ticket to come to your dive in a fortnight's time! £32 for Championship football! I hope next season you'll be lowering the prices :wink:

Peterborough away for us tonight, in what is to be the last and the toughest of this little three away game stint. Peterborough gave a very good account of themselves at the Madejski and arguably should have won. In the end a typically action-packed encounter ended 3-2 to us with a couple of late goals. I'm sort of hoping that they continue their ploy of relentless attack, because we generally do quite well against teams like that by sitting in and soaking up pressure before unleashing the counter-attack down the flanks.

Will be interesting to see the makeup of the top three tonight anyway. We have a tough away game along with Southampton who will have to be at their best to beat Hull, they are a team that seem to concede even less than we do. Fancy West Ham to roll over a depleted 'Boro though, they were hammered at Birmingham Saturday and appear to be on a real downer.
Hoop45
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:18 am

floody wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:well how many games have we actually played in that time?

I paid this yesterday for a ticket to come to your dive in a fortnight's time! £32 for Championship football! I hope next season you'll be lowering the prices :wink:

its league policy for away fans to be charged the same amount as the cheapest available home adult ticket.

it's not just the ticket prices, its everything that comes with it. just going to the game and going straight home is almost an impossibility for me. it is becoming increasingly difficult for me to justify my attendance at games gievn the things i am saving up for. i'm not going to bother with tonight's game, for example.

i'll have my feet up indoors with a couple of cans.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hoop45 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:36 am

Hoop45
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:41 am

:lol:

big time.

i'm a man with too many responsibilities at the minute and the dross served up is not worthy of my time, effort or money.

what i expected to be a fun, enjoyable season has turned out to be one of the worst in recent memory.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:45 am

Steely Hill wrote::lol:

big time.

i'm a man with too many responsibilities at the minute and the dross served up is not worthy of my time, effort or money.

what i expected to be a fun, enjoyable season has turned out to be one of the worst in recent memory.

+1

#Hammerscompletedrossatuptonpark
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:17 pm

Dear Lee,

We were always in the game against Leeds and looked comfortable and looked like we might create something and get a goal. Leeds is not an easy place and no away game is easy. You've got to earn the right to get the victory to earn the right to play.

In the second half we had more space and more opportunity to play but we didn't find the finish to get one goal in front. I thought we might have nicked the win when Gary O'Neil went down the right in the last minute with three men in the box but when you need that vital bit of quality we didn't produce it to get the goal and win.

We're having a little struggle with injuries again. James Tomkins had to come off with a trapped nerve in the calf, Julien Faubert was at home with Winston Reid, Guy Demel and Papa Bouba Diop. The earliest we can expect Ricardo Vaz Te back is against Burnley on Saturday.

We'll need some fresh legs over the next ten days so that was a disappointment. We coped with the change well and Gary O’Neil did a good job when he came on. Ravel got a good feel for what football was all about. He didn't get much of a touch but at least he's on the field.

Hopefully we can keep the unbeaten run going and start turning the draws into wins. We need to start doing better at home and we need the fans’ support. We all want the same thing so we need to pull in the same direction.

Come on you Irons!

Big Sam

Dear Lee,

It is a big game tonight against Middlesbrough at the Boleyn Ground and we are looking to go out there and get a winning result.

We achieved a strong point away at Leeds United on Saturday and we are going into our home game with confidence and looking to work as hard as we can to get the win your support deserves.

It is great that you can pay on the day for your tickets and it is also half-price for Academy members and Youth Academy members can attend the match for free.

Every game matters.

Hopefully as many of you as possible can join us for tonight’s game and together we can go against Middlesbrough to earn the bragging rights of a victory. We will certainly be putting all our efforts into trying to achieve that.

Thank you for your continuing support.

Come on you Irons!

Kevin Nolan
Captain

inspiring stuff gents.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hoop45 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:19 pm

Last edited by Hoop45 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoop45
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:02 pm

floody wrote:Is Nolan popular amongst your lot?

I can't stand the bloke.

like most things nowadays at West Ham you'll find a 50/50 split.

some appreciate his knack for nicking a goal (he's our joint top scorer) while others see how he slows our play down..

some enjoy his battling spirit and motivational abilities while others hate his consistent disappearing act in a lot of games.

as far as the bloke himself is concerned - he is a scouser, of course you wont like him.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby knabby crackers » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:43 pm

Poyet's Pinkies on a Tuesday night, the Football League certainly know how to sort the fixtures to suit the away fans, presumably our following will understandably be down on the norm and the 400/500 will have to be in fine voice to make their presence known.

This won't be an easy fixture and it will be interesting to see which Brighton team turns up, I'm looking for at least one point.
knabby crackers
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Larry7580 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:59 pm

Steely Hill wrote:regarding the game itself it is simply must win. anything less will hopefully result in vocal disapproval as it will pretty much confirm that we are a team devoid of bottle. with the other two facing reasonably straightforward away games we can not afford any more slips

TBH I'm not sure if i'm glad the game is live on Sky or not - as you say anything less than 3pts is unexceptable but whether we get them i have little confidence on that .
Larry7580

Postby Hams » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:22 am

Results

Tuesday March 20th
Crystal Palace 1 - 0 Barnsley
West Ham United 1 - 1 Middlesbrough
Leeds United 3 - 7 Nottingham Forest
Portsmouth 4 - 1 Birmingham City
Hull City 0 - 2 Southampton
Doncaster Rovers 0 - 3 Millwall
Peterborough United 3 - 1 Reading
Bristol City 0 - 2 Watford
Brighton and Hove Albion 2 - 0 Derby County

Neil Warnock out!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby goldmember » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:24 am

What a shambles,its clearly not warnocks fault we have been much better since he came in its the pocksy defence we have in paul connolly tom lees darren o'dea and worst keeper ever to play for leeds lonregen...neil should drop them all for the trip to millwall...knabby how on earth was connolly the captain of therebee a few seasons back????
goldmember
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Bayaker » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:41 am

:lol: :lol:

Outstanding loss credit where credit is due fellas I thought you couldn't out do yourselves of last years Preston result and Blackpool and Birmingham this season.

Bravo bravo.
Bayaker
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:01 am

when that fat c*nt rocked up he made all sorts of promises that his brand of football was 'winning football' to hide the fact that it would also be mind numbingly dull. people bought into this and even allowed themselves to sacrifice their principles in order to achieve this alleged 'winning football'.

we've now gone five home games on the spin without a single victory. plainly that is unacceptable. out play is so static and lumbering that it is so obvious what our intentions are. 99% of everything we do is down the left hand side and our build up play is at a snails pace.

negativity in our play is killing us and that is a hallmark of the manager.

the negative points in our line up, our set up and our performances are plentiful and thats before i even start singling out individual players.

bollocks to them.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Bayaker » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:03 am

At least you don't concede 7 at home.
Bayaker
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:05 am

Bayaker wrote:At least you don't concede 7 at home.

at least you manages to score more than 1
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Bayaker » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:22 am

:lol:

It's a very rare occasion but I shall consider this a victory for Leeds United.
Bayaker
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Next

Return to Sky Bet Championship