FA Level 2 Coaching Badge

Are you In need of some coaching advice or do you want to share your tips and help out others?

Moderator: Moderators

FA Level 2 Coaching Badge

Postby 4Gerrard4 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:24 pm

Hello People,

I am looking to do my level 2 ccf badge very soon after I completed my level 1 badge which was not long ago. This is because at the minute I have the time and may not in the future

I have searched the internet but cant seem to find much information, I have little coaching experience and so would really like some help regarding what the course entails.

Anything would be of great help. Thanks
4Gerrard4
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby zerotwo7 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:56 am

Hello,

Just so you are aware level 2 is a completely different ball game to level 1. Don't be fazed by this though, if you put the time and effort in you will be fine. Please don't just assume that you will walk it as so many do and fail.
I have never heard of a Level 2 course where there has been 100% pass rate hence the reason it is important to put the work in.

On a positive note its really interesting, rather than just laying out a session as you do in level 1 this is based around how you coach within that session. For example, if you are doing a 4v4 session and one of the teams end up in a 3v1 situation then you are required to stop the session and explain why this has happened and coach how to prevent this from happening in the future.

There is a large amount of sessions that you have to do in your own time which includes planning, undertaking and writing feedback if i remember rightly. I think it was 12 sessions but don't quote me on that!

I recommend this course to anyone, this is probably the starting point of when you realize if you have what it takes to coach, don't be fazed if it takes a little while to get as trying to stop sessions mid flow can be difficult for the the most experienced of coaches.

Hope this helps!
zerotwo7
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Return to Football Coaching