AC Milan v FC Barcelona - 28th March

Real Madrid won the CL last season, Will the likes of Ronaldo,Bale and James be able to do it again or will Bayern or Barcelona be able to stop them?

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Zinc » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:56 pm

Hams wrote:Just in

Barcelona have complained to UEFA about the state of AC Milan's pitch! :lol:

So either, Wenger and Pep are wrong or the pitch was of a poor quality.
Zinc
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby chin-up » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:59 pm

Zinc wrote:
Hams wrote:Just in

Barcelona have complained to UEFA about the state of AC Milan's pitch! :lol:

So either, Wenger and Pep are wrong or the pitch was of a poor quality.

Some could say, a nice try zincy.
chin-up
Banned
Banned

Postby Learning » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:22 pm

Barca couldnt score, as per specnur's info, I blame the Milan pitch :D
Learning
World Class
World Class

Postby Learning » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:36 pm

I think Barca played wrong strat and mentality in this game, too cautious. Keita I like him but this game showed his limitations. He was just an extra man useless going forward and plugging the hole in midfield when defending, nothing more. Iniesta asked to play wide left where it just didnt happen, overlap too much with Keita so our left had nothing going. Add to that Puyol as LB. Surprised Cesc didnt feature. Messi got handled well and praise to Milan since they coped well with injuries and made chances. Lucky with the ref too. This game hopefully shows Barca does not get favoured by refs.

Return leg Barca will come out attacking and it will be completely different I think. Milan unless they play a top game will flop and lose :D
Learning
World Class
World Class

Postby Bren10 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:49 pm

Keita was there to give cover to Puyol at LB. Think Pep expected Milan to attack like they did in the group game. I was concerned Iniesta was ineffective on the left, its not his best position but hes better than what he showed, perhaps hes tired or the pitch contributed? Cesc wasnt chosen as he still isnt quite there tactically without the ball and recent weeks has seen Pep go back to basics and the pressing is back to its usual standard. He will learn though. Wouldve prefered to see Pedro get more minutes but Bilbao at the weekend so best some were kept fresh.
Bren10

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League