Genoa fans demand players shirts!

This is where you can tell us all your general football views either domestic or international.

Moderators: Big Jono, Moderators

Genoa fans demand players shirts!

Postby Hams » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:40 am

Sun, 22 Apr 16:38:00 2012

Genoa's Serie A match against Siena was suspended after home fans invaded the pitch to demand players hand over their shirts.

Genoa, who are struggling just two points above the relegation zone despite boasting a star-studded squad, were losing 4-0 at home to fellow strugglers Siena when flares were thrown on the pitch, causing both sets of players to step aside.

Then some home fans invaded the field of play, ordering Genoa's players to strip off because they were not fit to wear the club's shirt.

It was reported that most of Genoa's players agreed to hand their kit to supporters, although at least one refused, sparking a confrontation.

The match did eventually restart, and Genoa pulled a goal back via a Cristiano Del Grosso own goal, but the match ended with a 4-1 defeat to the home side. Eurosport

Any comments?

I wonder what will happen to the Genoa player who refused to hand his shirt over?

Should we start to do the same thing over here in England when our teams let us down?

West Ham's team would end up almost naked at the end of our matches the poor way we have done at home this season!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Fusion » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:04 pm

I'm surprised they have struggled this season, as they have a great playing squad. I can understand and sympathise with the fans and apart of me commends their actions, as the players are failing them and themselves but such actions can cause an adverse effect. The team can still avoid relegation but without the support of thefans, they may feel despondent and give up completely.
Fusion
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Return to General Football