Manchester City v Manchester United

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Postby Hoop45 » Tue May 01, 2012 5:59 pm

An intriguing game, if not one that quite lived up to its superstar billing. Was incredibly disappointed with United, they clearly set their stall out to contain and looked to have no real clue how to change the system when they were behind. City were impressive defensively thanks to the ever-reliable Kompany, and the likes of Barry and Toure dominated the midfield.

Advantage certainly now with City and Mancini, although I wouldn't bet against oily Pards and Newcastle throwing a big ol' spanner in the works on Sunday.
Hoop45
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:19 pm

the biggest game of the decade ...hardly lived up to it from what i hear , glad Man City won though ...hopefully the stranglehold that Man Utd have had on the Premiership title will be weakened now .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Big Jono » Tue May 01, 2012 11:27 pm

specnur wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:i have been a staunch critic of Gael Clichy over the years but, credit where it is due, that man has been immense for Man City over the past few weeks.

Man City deserved it, despite the best efforts of the moronic referee who seemed to be heavily influenced by Rooney throughout the game. the yellow card given to Kompany being a case in point.

Mancini is back in the driving seat and confidence must be booming. the heavily pro Man United commentary had me firmly behind Man City throughout the game so i was delighted with their victory, even more so after Ferguson's pathetic touchline rage.

we could well have a new Premier League winner.

No doubt!
he tried to turn an honest bloke into a criminal out there ,that's was a desperate tactic by him!
It was just so fitting that kompany scored the winner to me. I know it's easy to say i hindsight ,but if Kompany would have got sent off because of Rooney's incessant complaining about trivialities ,i think i would have contemplated giving up watching football. It would mean that the game is less about football than i had realized and that's shame.

What did you think of Yaya toure begging for a yellow card for Scholes for the most innoculous of tackles?
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Wed May 02, 2012 9:52 am

Big Jono wrote:
specnur wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:i have been a staunch critic of Gael Clichy over the years but, credit where it is due, that man has been immense for Man City over the past few weeks.

Man City deserved it, despite the best efforts of the moronic referee who seemed to be heavily influenced by Rooney throughout the game. the yellow card given to Kompany being a case in point.

Mancini is back in the driving seat and confidence must be booming. the heavily pro Man United commentary had me firmly behind Man City throughout the game so i was delighted with their victory, even more so after Ferguson's pathetic touchline rage.

No doubt!
he tried to turn an honest bloke into a criminal out there ,that's was a desperate tactic by him!
It was just so fitting that kompany scored the winner to me. I know it's easy to say i hindsight ,but if Kompany would have got sent off because of Rooney's incessant complaining about trivialities ,i think i would have contemplated giving up watching football. It would mean that the game is less about football than i had realized and that's shame.

What did you think of Yaya toure begging for a yellow card for Scholes for the most innoculous of tackles?

Scholes had already committed a few fouls and Man City had already been on the receiving end of an official who could clearly be corrupted by whining players. i don't blame Toure at all for trying it on, Rooney was far worse but escapes criticsim simply because he didn't wave an imaginary card (and the fact he is Rooney).
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Big Jono » Wed May 02, 2012 10:44 am

Steely Hill wrote:
Big Jono wrote:
specnur wrote:

No doubt!

Scholes had already committed a few fouls and Man City had already been on the receiving end of an official who could clearly be corrupted by whining players. i don't blame Toure at all for trying it on, Rooney was far worse but escapes criticsim simply because he didn't wave an imaginary card (and the fact he is Rooney).

Have you changed your avatar speccy?
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Wed May 02, 2012 2:26 pm

Big Jono wrote:
specnur wrote:

No doubt!

I think h was just trying to balance out the tactic Man u shamelessly used form the opening whistle much like how Drogba did with his tactic in the first match against Barcelona. You have to make it hard for the ref to just react because they say so ,it 's the perfect counter reaction psychologically.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Big Jono » Wed May 02, 2012 11:27 pm

Fair call, if the ref has set a precedent you have to try to exploit it. I just wish no players would try that .. I think to be fair to Rooney no one has mentioned how he stopped doing all this when the referee pulled over Evra for a chat with Rooney to tell him to stop.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Previous

Return to Barclays Premier League