Manchester City v Manchester United

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Postby Hams » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:40 pm

I can't be bothered with all this Manchester hype and I'm going to watch Eastenders instead.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:21 pm

Line ups

Man City
Hart, Zabaleta, Clichy, Kompany (c), Lescott, Barry, Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Tevez, Aguero

Subs - Pantilimon, Richards, Kolarov, De Jong, Milner, Balotelli, Dzeko

Man Utd
De Gea, Evra, Jones, Ferdinand, Smalling, Giggs, Park, Carrick, Nani, Scholes, Rooney.

Subs - Amos, Rafael, Valencia, Young, Welbeck, Hernandez, Berbatov.
Last edited by Hams on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:23 pm

Fergie has surprised everyone by dropping Valencia,Welbeck and Young and bringing in Park,Scholes and Giggs!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:37 pm

i have to go Karate.... :(
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:38 pm

Now THIS is how a season should be ending, two big boys slogging out with the league title at stake. It has been a long time since I can recall the league being so finely balanced at this stage of the season. Gonna be a cracker, bring it on! I'm backing the Reds to edge it by the odd goal in three.
Pickleman1967

Postby specnur » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:23 pm

Rooney ,crafty basket! getting Kompany a early yellow for nothing!
Flipping refs ruin with their bullsh!t game after game!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Big Jono » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:26 pm

specnur wrote:Rooney ,crafty basket! getting Kompany a early yellow for nothing!

That looked sore to me! And a bit reckless by Kompany.

I knew Park would start, SAFs go to man in big games like this to run himself into the ground winning the midfield battle.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Big Jono » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:36 pm

How did Tevez get away with that? Didn't even touch the ball just clattered the man after trying I catch up to his terrible first touch.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:48 pm

Big Jono wrote:
specnur wrote:Rooney ,crafty basket! getting Kompany a early yellow for nothing!

I knew Park would start, SAFs go to man in big games like this to run himself into the ground winning the midfield battle.

That is absolute bollocks ,reckless how ,he went to block the pass and Rooney kicked his foot on the follow through.
There is no way in month of Sunday's that's a yellow card and you know it.
The obvious tactic by man u here is getting in the refs ear about anything . It's the same way they reacted after Arsenal were dominating ,they don't have a tactical answer . They got turned over in the last game so they go into their bag of dark arts.

Kompany ,get in Karma ,they very player they are trying to get red carded scores the opener.Justice!

Flipping Lescott doesn't look right running about ,he looks to be struggling and if that's the case why isn't Kolo on instead?
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Michael Myers » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:49 pm

everything goes according to the plan 8)
Michael Myers
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Big Jono » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:52 pm

What a time to score! Lost Smalling and made no mistake. I was going to give the first half to City on points anyway but that is a knock down blow.

United are going to have to show more attacking intent in the second half, I'd be taking off Carrick for Hernandez.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby J-Axe » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:52 pm

United don't look strong enough. Park is a waste of space, poor decision to start him.

Smalling and Jones aren't good enough, you can't fkn let Kompany get a free header in the 6yd box.

Big Vince also has Rooney in his pocket. Nani looks uninterested...

Should be a comfortable win for City..
J-Axe
Legend
Legend

Postby Zinc » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:53 pm

My stream has been terrible, I'm getting more informed from BBC live text!

United only need a draw so it's all still on.
Zinc
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:55 pm

HT

Man City 1-0 Man Utd

I don't believe Kompany should have been booked but that headed goal just before half time must have more than made up for it.

I also think that City just shaded it on the 1st period.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Big Jono » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:56 pm

specnur wrote:
Big Jono wrote:

That is absolute bollocks ,reckless how ,he went to block the pass and Rooney kicked his foot on the follow through.
There is no way in month of Sunday's that's a yellow card and you know it.
The obvious tactic by man u here is getting in the refs ear about anything . It's the same way they reacted after Arsenal were dominating ,they don't have a tactical answer . They got turned over in the last game so they go into their bag of dark arts.

Kompany ,get in Karma ,they very player they are trying to get red carded scores the opener.Justice!

Flipping Lescott doesn't look right running about ,he looks to be struggling and if that's the case why isn't Kolo on instead?

Frustrates me no end the way United and most teams get in the refs ear like that, the powers that be really need to crack down on it. I reckon putting microphones on the referee feeding to the tv would make them think twice about gobbing off to them.

Great goal as you say, hope City can hold on now!
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Big Jono » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:58 pm

J-Axe wrote:United don't look strong enough. Park is a waste of space, poor decision to start him.

Smalling and Jones aren't good enough, you can't fkn let Kompany get a free header in the 6yd box.

Big Vince also has Rooney in his pocket. Nani looks uninterested...

Should be a comfortable win for City..

Not taking the Mickey but I didn't notice Nani at all.

Yea You can tell Park hasn't played much football lately, looks a bit off the pace of the game.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby J-Axe » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:05 pm

Gary Neville trying to big it up at half-time.. don't think so man..

It's fairly comfortable for City who actually started a little nervy. If they get a second soonish in the second half then they'll make it three or four. That United back four are there for the taking. Disappointing really; I thought United would have given it a real go - they're too deep and can't handle the technical superiority of City's midfield and attack.

Park and Nani are useless. Get Valencia on who can double up as a RB and stick Hernandez up front in place of Park for snatching at the few chances they'll create, drop Rooney into Park's position to work back and help out the midfield.
J-Axe
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:10 pm

I am so Glad Mario didn't play this game ,not with the tactics man u have employed ,they would have gotten him red carded by now .
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Big Jono » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:12 pm

specnur wrote:I am so Glad Mario didn't play this game ,not with the tactics man u have employed ,they would have gotten him red carded by now .

Only if he lost his cool, surely!

Edit: I think they should bring him on soon though, for Tevez. Give Fergie a new, bigger problem and some aerial presence.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:14 pm

Zinc wrote:My stream has been terrible, I'm getting more informed from BBC live text!

United only need a draw so it's all still on.

Try this stream, Bloodzeed is usually the best. http://www.livefootballol.com/streaming ... pcast.html
Pickleman1967

PreviousNext

Return to Barclays Premier League