Manchester City v Manchester United

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Postby Big Jono » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:58 pm

Great result from a great performance by City. They kept United to one shot on target.
User avatar
Big Jono
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 30443
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:22 pm

Postby J-Axe » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:02 pm

Trophyless. Disastrous in Europe.

Sacked.

;)
User avatar
J-Axe
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 12187
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:50 am
Location: Belfast, Ireland

Postby ToffeeBlue » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:03 pm

Did anyone else think that was just a bit . for a top of the table clash between the English leagues 2 top clubs? Cant remember either goalie having much to do
ToffeeBlue
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:01 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby Hams » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:05 pm

Result

Monday April 30th

Manchester City 1 - 0 Manchester United
1-0 Kompany 45'

Any comments on todays result?

Now that City are back at the top of the table can they win their last 2 games and the PL title?
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 38370
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Bren10 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:06 pm

Well contrary to Skys billing this was completely missable.
Cant believe I was actually looking forward to this game.
Fair play to Citeh, only team that wanted to win it the only disappointing thing is they couldve given Utd another hiding if Mancini was willing to be a bit more positive. Utd were absolutely terrible, they offered nothing in terms of an attacking threat whilst looking very shakey at the back. Serious investment needed in the summer, a few players should be off loaded too. Nani was non existent, Park is past it and so is Giggs. Where is Berbatov? The only player Utd have who may have offered something from the bench tonight, is he injured?
Wasnt any fight from Utd and this didnt have the feel of a derby at all, too much nonsense from the players, both sets and the managers squaring up was probably the highlight of the game.
Citeh have wrapped the title up pretty much with that which is good as that Utd team is desperately poor but the downside is Mancini will keep his job so expect more european failure next season.
Bren10
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: Birmingham UK

Postby specnur » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:06 pm

Great performance all across that man city team ,best team effort i have seen from them!
Kompany's goals was justice for the tactics man u tried to employ in this one,Shameful if you ask me.
Titles not won yet ,but it's man city's to lose now.
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15543
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Zinc » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:13 pm

chin-up wrote:There we go. NO TROPHY FOR MANUNI AT ALL.


Let's just wait and see, it was only a few weeks ago you were calling Wenger an idiot for saying the title race isn't over, you've now completely changed your opinion to the opposite position presumably making you an idiot too.

City are now favourites.
User avatar
Zinc
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1844
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:23 pm

Postby mrtz » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:31 pm

Gut check time for City. They have 1st back. Now the hard part of keeping a hold of it.
User avatar
mrtz
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 14946
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:08 am
Location: New York, New York

Postby Michael Myers » Tue May 01, 2012 6:26 am

Shame on us. We lost the command wich can only buy players, it can not educate them.I may not believe in that. Better we would lose Liverpool, really a powerful command.
User avatar
Michael Myers
Grass Roots
Grass Roots
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:37 pm
Location: Saint - Peterspurg, Russia

Postby Zinc » Tue May 01, 2012 8:24 am

chin-up wrote:
Zinc wrote:
chin-up wrote:There we go. NO TROPHY FOR MANUNI AT ALL.


Let's just wait and see, it was only a few weeks ago you were calling Wenger an idiot for saying the title race isn't over, you've now completely changed your opinion to the opposite position presumably making you an idiot too.

City are now favourites.


Are you trying to derail this thread & are provoking me ?
Doesnt that make you an idiot ?


My post is very clear, address it if you can or move on.
User avatar
Zinc
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1844
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:23 pm

Postby lincoln50 » Tue May 01, 2012 8:37 am

lincoln50 wrote:I thought this was about the Man City v Man Utd game so why am I reading about Chelsea and Arsenal, some people on this site seem to be in a world of there own, the match kicks of here at 2am Tuesday morning so I will have to make the effort to leave the dance club and make my way to a beer bar where of course all the girls are Man Utd fans, now if Man U score or should i say when they score the girls do get abit over excited and seem to try there best to kiss me to death, so please let it be just a one nil victory for the reds, if by any chance City win then I feel it my job to comfort the very upset girls by taking the whole 20 of them home with me for a pool party, the things I do for football. 8)



Thanks Man Utd you did not even score one, but I did and it was from the penalty spot and a set play, City should go on now and win the title, but will there be just one more twist before that happens, I wonder :twisted:
lincoln50
Grass Roots
Grass Roots
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:14 am
Location: Pattaya Thailand

Postby J-Axe » Tue May 01, 2012 9:27 am

I see the usual bitching is going on. :lol:

Steely, where's your hammer?
User avatar
J-Axe
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 12187
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:50 am
Location: Belfast, Ireland

Postby Big Jono » Tue May 01, 2012 10:38 am

Theres no need to comment on it J Axe, it just adds another off topic post.

I thought it was interesting how Mancini still wouldnt say too much positive about City winning the title after the match, he really is trying to keep a lid on things. I think hes fighting an uphill battle there though!

ps. Why do City fans sing Hey Jude after the final whistle?
User avatar
Big Jono
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 30443
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:22 pm

Postby Steely Hill » Tue May 01, 2012 11:19 am

i have been a staunch critic of Gael Clichy over the years but, credit where it is due, that man has been immense for Man City over the past few weeks.

Man City deserved it, despite the best efforts of the moronic referee who seemed to be heavily influenced by Rooney throughout the game. the yellow card given to Kompany being a case in point.

Mancini is back in the driving seat and confidence must be booming. the heavily pro Man United commentary had me firmly behind Man City throughout the game so i was delighted with their victory, even more so after Ferguson's pathetic touchline rage.

we could well have a new Premier League winner.
User avatar
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 38960
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:14 pm

Postby deeman » Tue May 01, 2012 12:48 pm

There was one thing I noticed in the game last night and that was City seemed to be enjoying the occasion while United were arguing among themselves if anything went slightly wrong. If a City player made an error they just laughed it off.
As has been stated already in this thread United have got too much dead wood and must unload in the summer. There was a few players that lacked any fight at all. Phil Jones seemed out of place as though he was asking what he should do next and that cross of his, who was that to?
Rooney tried to get their game going but he was on his own with no one to help him. Scholes, Giggs, Park should go and they must look for another keeper before next season.
User avatar
deeman
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1916
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: Chester-Supports Chester FC & Liverpool FC

Postby specnur » Tue May 01, 2012 1:48 pm

Steely Hill wrote:i have been a staunch critic of Gael Clichy over the years but, credit where it is due, that man has been immense for Man City over the past few weeks.

Man City deserved it, despite the best efforts of the moronic referee who seemed to be heavily influenced by Rooney throughout the game. the yellow card given to Kompany being a case in point.

Mancini is back in the driving seat and confidence must be booming. the heavily pro Man United commentary had me firmly behind Man City throughout the game so i was delighted with their victory, even more so after Ferguson's pathetic touchline rage.

we could well have a new Premier League winner.


No doubt!
he tried to turn an honest bloke into a criminal out there ,that's was a desperate tactic by him!
It was just so fitting that kompany scored the winner to me. I know it's easy to say i hindsight ,but if Kompany would have got sent off because of Rooney's incessant complaining about trivialities ,i think i would have contemplated giving up watching football. It would mean that the game is less about football than i had realized and that's shame.
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15543
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Steely Hill » Tue May 01, 2012 2:36 pm

specnur wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:i have been a staunch critic of Gael Clichy over the years but, credit where it is due, that man has been immense for Man City over the past few weeks.

Man City deserved it, despite the best efforts of the moronic referee who seemed to be heavily influenced by Rooney throughout the game. the yellow card given to Kompany being a case in point.

Mancini is back in the driving seat and confidence must be booming. the heavily pro Man United commentary had me firmly behind Man City throughout the game so i was delighted with their victory, even more so after Ferguson's pathetic touchline rage.

we could well have a new Premier League winner.


No doubt!
he tried to turn an honest bloke into a criminal out there ,that's was a desperate tactic by him!
It was just so fitting that kompany scored the winner to me. I know it's easy to say i hindsight ,but if Kompany would have got sent off because of Rooney's incessant complaining about trivialities ,i think i would have contemplated giving up watching football. It would mean that the game is less about football than i had realized and that's shame.


i was sat watching the game with my old man and said to him about 30 minutes in that Rooney will get Kompany sent off before the end of the game. i think the only reason he didn't succede was that the ball never really got near him in the second half.

i did enjoy seeing Kompany power home that header though, for sure. he's a player i admire greatly.
User avatar
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 38960
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:14 pm

Postby Larry7580 » Tue May 01, 2012 2:37 pm

Steely Hill wrote:i have been a staunch critic of Gael Clichy over the years but, credit where it is due, that man has been immense for Man City over the past few weeks.

Man City deserved it, despite the best efforts of the moronic referee who seemed to be heavily influenced by Rooney throughout the game. the yellow card given to Kompany being a case in point.

Mancini is back in the driving seat and confidence must be booming. the heavily pro Man United commentary had me firmly behind Man City throughout the game so i was delighted with their victory, even more so after Ferguson's pathetic touchline rage.

we could well have a new Premier League winner.


not surre about that it's certainly going to go right to the final game of the season City may be the bookies favorites but I eally wouldn;t to call it. you have to fancy both Utd and City to win their respective games against Swansea and QPR, but Manchester City's game at Newcastle and United's trip to Sunderland are potential bannana skins.
Larry7580
 

Postby ToffeeBlue » Tue May 01, 2012 2:54 pm

Why does Fergie constantly bring the useless Park in for games like this? He offers nothing, United were screaming out for Young, Valencia and the small pea yet he didnt bring 2 of them on till late. Too negative
ToffeeBlue
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:01 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby Zinc » Tue May 01, 2012 4:01 pm

ToffeeBlue wrote:Why does Fergie constantly bring the useless Park in for games like this? He offers nothing, United were screaming out for Young, Valencia and the small pea yet he didnt bring 2 of them on till late. Too negative


His work rate - he breaks up or at least slows down opposition play on the flanks and towards the middle. Otherwise you're right, he's just not a game changer and often a weak link. United have done wonderfully well considering how weak their squad is compared to City but if they want a shot at winning anything next year they will need a couple of important signings in the summer, especially someone new to run their midfield.
User avatar
Zinc
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1844
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:23 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Barclays Premier League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests