Liverpool v Chelsea

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Liverpool v Chelsea

Postby Hams » Tue May 08, 2012 1:36 pm

Just 3 days after playing each other in the FA cup final these 2 sides meet again in the PL league.

Liverpool have nothing else to play for while Chelsea could still finish in 4th if they win their last 2 matches.

Any comments or predictions?
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 38695
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby chin-up » Tue May 08, 2012 3:34 pm

Theoretically, Chelsea has a chance providing all 3 teams above them lose their games.
Personally, I would rather see Chelsea players being rested here.
Much bigger game to play in Munich.
User avatar
chin-up
Banned
Banned
 
Posts: 5503
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:04 am
Location: Pride of London

Postby Larry7580 » Tue May 08, 2012 3:34 pm

reckon Liverpool will just want to end the season with a win - chelsea looked very tired in the last 20 minutes at Wembley and I won;t be at all surprised if Di Matteo makes quite a few changes. as there is not really much riding on this game now
Larry7580
 

Postby chin-up » Tue May 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Perhaps, Ferda might show his magic today ? :wink:
User avatar
chin-up
Banned
Banned
 
Posts: 5503
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:04 am
Location: Pride of London

Postby Zinc » Tue May 08, 2012 4:27 pm

Larry7580 wrote:reckon Liverpool will just want to end the season with a win - chelsea looked very tired in the last 20 minutes at Wembley and I won;t be at all surprised if Di Matteo makes quite a few changes. as there is not really much riding on this game now


Champions League football is quite important to Chelsea, getting 4th should be a priority for them I think - but you might be right, Di Matteo didn't field his best 11 for the Newcastle game but then the circumstances were slightly different.
User avatar
Zinc
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1844
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:23 pm

Postby chin-up » Tue May 08, 2012 4:40 pm

If one thinks logically, he must know & strongly assume the 3 teams above Chelsea are not going to lose their remaining games.
Therefore, the logic tells me, tonights game against Liverpool should be a walk in about.
If I were the coach, I would rest all those players that I will use in Munich.
Even Cech should be rested. I mean what is he there for ?
User avatar
chin-up
Banned
Banned
 
Posts: 5503
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:04 am
Location: Pride of London

Postby Zinc » Tue May 08, 2012 6:06 pm

chin-up wrote:If one thinks logically, he must know & strongly assume the 3 teams above Chelsea are not going to lose their remaining games.
Therefore, the logic tells me, tonights game against Liverpool should be a walk in about.
If I were the coach, I would rest all those players that I will use in Munich.
Even Cech should be rested. I mean what is he there for ?


Spurs, Arsenal and Newcastle scored 2 points between them last weekend, it makes more sense to aim for 4th than to pin all your hopes on the Champions League final.
User avatar
Zinc
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1844
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:23 pm

Postby J-Axe » Tue May 08, 2012 6:08 pm

Yeah Chelsea have to go for it. In saying that they can easily rest a few players and still beat Liverpool.
User avatar
J-Axe
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 12187
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:50 am
Location: Belfast, Ireland

Postby Conner99 » Tue May 08, 2012 6:11 pm

Liverpool are at home so Chelsea will be favourites for sure ...
User avatar
Conner99
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2836
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:33 am
Location: Essex

Postby J-Axe » Tue May 08, 2012 6:12 pm

Carroll has to start.
User avatar
J-Axe
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 12187
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:50 am
Location: Belfast, Ireland

Postby chin-up » Tue May 08, 2012 6:14 pm

I never said to rest players & beat Liverpool.

Personally, I would rest my players & play those that had not played much, this year.
Lukaku & Co.
User avatar
chin-up
Banned
Banned
 
Posts: 5503
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:04 am
Location: Pride of London

Postby Zinc » Tue May 08, 2012 6:16 pm

Conner99 wrote:Liverpool are at home so Chelsea will be favourites for sure ...


Haha, you're not wrong.
User avatar
Zinc
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1844
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:23 pm

Postby J-Axe » Tue May 08, 2012 6:18 pm

Lukaku: "Playing games is the most important thing for my career right now and for that reason it's better to look at other places."

Wants out. On loan at least.

£18m from Anderlecht, 6 sub appearances.
User avatar
J-Axe
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 12187
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:50 am
Location: Belfast, Ireland

Postby Zinc » Tue May 08, 2012 6:21 pm

J-Axe wrote:Lukaku: "Playing games is the most important thing for my career right now and for that reason it's better to look at other places."

Wants out. On loan at least.

£18m from Anderlecht, 6 sub appearances.


Embarrassing.
User avatar
Zinc
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1844
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:23 pm

Postby chin-up » Tue May 08, 2012 6:24 pm

Hard to get in, when you have Drogba, Sturridge, Torres.
If drogba goes in the summer, Lukaku will get his chances. After all he is 18 only.
Even if he is loaned out, he should play somewhere.

Why is it embarrassing ?
18m is not much at Stamford, I might add.
User avatar
chin-up
Banned
Banned
 
Posts: 5503
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:04 am
Location: Pride of London

Postby J-Axe » Tue May 08, 2012 6:31 pm

chin-up wrote:18m is not much at Stamford, I might add.


:lol:

Exactly.

If we sign M'Vila from Rennes it'll be our record signing at £17.7m which is less than what you paid for Lukaku. :lol:
User avatar
J-Axe
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 12187
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:50 am
Location: Belfast, Ireland

Postby Zinc » Tue May 08, 2012 6:34 pm

J-Axe wrote:
chin-up wrote:18m is not much at Stamford, I might add.


:lol:

Exactly.

If we sign M'Vila from Rennes it'll be our record signing at £17.7m which is less than what you paid for Lukaku. :lol:


:lol:
User avatar
Zinc
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1844
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:23 pm

Postby KimKallstrom2 » Tue May 08, 2012 6:35 pm

Conner99 wrote:Liverpool are at home so Chelsea will be favourites for sure ...


Quoted for truth.
User avatar
KimKallstrom2
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 2500
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:20 am
Location: Croydon

Postby chin-up » Tue May 08, 2012 6:43 pm

J-Axe wrote:
chin-up wrote:18m is not much at Stamford, I might add.


:lol:

Exactly.

If we sign M'Vila from Rennes it'll be our record signing at �17.7m which is less than what you paid for Lukaku. :lol:


Your point is ?
Let me tell you mine.
Chelsea spends money, Arsenal is stingy.
Romans money brought Chelsea into glory days in the last 9 years, since 2003 when he bought the club.
User avatar
chin-up
Banned
Banned
 
Posts: 5503
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:04 am
Location: Pride of London

Postby mrtz » Tue May 08, 2012 7:08 pm

Line up for Liverpool: Reina; Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Agger; Maxi, Henderson, Shelvey, Downing; Suarez, Carroll
User avatar
mrtz
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 14965
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:08 am
Location: New York, New York

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest