Everton v Newcastle

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Postby Larry7580 » Sun May 13, 2012 5:44 pm

dissapointing result for Newcastle but still a season to be rightly proud of.
Larry7580

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Sun May 13, 2012 5:47 pm

J-Axe wrote:Exceptional season for the Toon Army.

Congrats. Europa League to look forward to. You just have to look at Atlético recently to see how it's a quality tournament.

Thanks, marra :)

Larry7580 wrote:dissapointing result for Newcastle but still a season to be rightly proud of.

And to you too :)
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Conner99 » Sun May 13, 2012 5:51 pm

what a shame i was hoping for Newcastle to nick that 4th spot off Tottenham...but Europa League is still a great bonus for them ...Alan Pardew has done a fantastic job and Cisse has certainly earned his wages over the last few months .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby ToffeeBlue » Sun May 13, 2012 6:42 pm

Superb performance, totally destroyed a god awful Newcastle team. They were simply played off the park today with Jelavic, Fellaini, Pienaar and Ossie pulling the strings with Jag and Big Johhny having Ba and Cisse in their pockets.
How that little rat Cabaye stayed on the pitch i will never know, shoving a young lad when he was just doing his job is an absolute disgusting act and i hope something is done about it. No wonder Cahill was so wound up when he came on and was spat on at the end, eventually reacting and getting sent off but the useless ref did nothing as he didnt all game.
Onwards to next season, were Pienaar is a must buy in the summer and hopefully we can make a better start
ToffeeBlue
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Zinc » Sun May 13, 2012 6:46 pm

Everton finishing above Liverpool is a superb achievement, congratulations to all the Everton fans on the board, well pleased for you.
Zinc
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby ToffeeBlue » Sun May 13, 2012 6:53 pm

Marouane Fellaini last lost a tackle in March. The Belgian acheived a 100% tackle success rate in each of his last 7 games
ToffeeBlue
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Sun May 13, 2012 7:04 pm

Well one, David Moyes and another awesome season as manager.
Many people keep banging on about how he should be given a job with a team like Man U or something, but frankly, he's achieving massive success just where he is - how many fantastic seasons has he had now - another superb Scottish manager whose name has been carved in historical greatness, while he still has many more seasons left.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Sparkyjinx » Sun May 13, 2012 7:08 pm

Great season for the Geordies topped off with a European slot.

I thought they may have had more of a say in fight for 3rd and 4th today, but it wasn't to be.

Congrats Newcastle.
Sparkyjinx
World Class
World Class

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Sun May 13, 2012 7:19 pm

Sparkyjinx wrote:Great season for the Geordies topped off with a European slot.

I thought they may have had more of a say in fight for 3rd and 4th today, but it wasn't to be.

Congrats Newcastle.

Thank you very much :)
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby ToffeeBlue » Sun May 13, 2012 8:18 pm

Got to ask how much Pardew pays Alan Carrs arl fella. If it wasnt for him the useless Pardew would be looking at the bottom and not near the top. Looking forward to the crash of Newcastle next yr
ToffeeBlue
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Mon May 14, 2012 1:46 pm

What was the red card for Tim Cahill after the final whistle all about Toffee and I agree with you that Cabaye was well out of order for having a go at that ball boy.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Steely Hill » Mon May 14, 2012 2:08 pm

ToffeeBlue wrote:Got to ask how much Pardew pays Alan Carrs arl fella. If it wasnt for him the useless Pardew would be looking at the bottom and not near the top. Looking forward to the crash of Newcastle next yr

that doesn't sound bitter at all.

marvellous season for Newcastle. i've been a very big critic of them over the last few years but since that relegation woke their fans up to reality they have become a whole new beast.

will be interesting to see how they get on in the Europa League next season.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby ToffeeBlue » Mon May 14, 2012 2:39 pm

Hams wrote:What was the red card for Tim Cahill after the final whistle all about Toffee and I agree with you that Cabaye was well out of order for having a go at that ball boy.

Think it had a lot to do with the ball boy incident to be honest and heard Cabaye had spat/said something out of order which seems to be the case as Cabaye has since apologised
ToffeeBlue
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby ToffeeBlue » Mon May 14, 2012 2:41 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
ToffeeBlue wrote:Got to ask how much Pardew pays Alan Carrs arl fella. If it wasnt for him the useless Pardew would be looking at the bottom and not near the top. Looking forward to the crash of Newcastle next yr

marvellous season for Newcastle. i've been a very big critic of them over the last few years but since that relegation woke their fans up to reality they have become a whole new beast.

Been told by quite a few Geordies that they are not actually that impressed with big picture. I havent been particularly that impressed to be honest, they have got out of jail a few times which is more down to a bit of individual skill rather than good managerial tactics
ToffeeBlue
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Mon May 14, 2012 2:55 pm

ToffeeBlue wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:

Been told by quite a few Geordies that they are not actually that impressed with big picture. I havent been particularly that impressed to be honest, they have got out of jail a few times which is more down to a bit of individual skill rather than good managerial tactics

what big picture?

no doubt they've had their share of luck but the fact is they've finished in a position that nobody would have predicted. that deserves all the credit they will be given.

i don't think Pardew is a tactical genius, far from it - and i should know. however, he has done an excellent job since he took charge of Newcastle in what was very difficult circumstances.

Newcastle fans tend to get too emotive and don't think with their heads. any one of them that sees fit to criticise Pardew after the season he has had need to have a long, hard look at themselves.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby ToffeeBlue » Mon May 14, 2012 3:04 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
ToffeeBlue wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:

what big picture?

no doubt they've had their share of luck but the fact is they've finished in a position that nobody would have predicted. that deserves all the credit they will be given.

i don't think Pardew is a tactical genius, far from it - and i should know. however, he has done an excellent job since he took charge of Newcastle in what was very difficult circumstances.

Newcastle fans tend to get too emotive and don't think with their heads. any one of them that sees fit to criticise Pardew after the season he has had need to have a long, hard look at themselves.

That being 5th is more down to individual brilliance rather than Pardews tactical know how. The guy is a 1st class idiot and even the signings are more down to Alan Carrs dad than Pardew
ToffeeBlue
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Mon May 14, 2012 3:06 pm

ToffeeBlue wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:
ToffeeBlue wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:

what big picture?

That being 5th is more down to individual brilliance rather than Pardews tactical know how. The guy is a 1st class idiot and even the signings are more down to Alan Carrs dad than Pardew

:lol: :lol:
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby ToffeeBlue » Mon May 14, 2012 3:15 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
ToffeeBlue wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:
ToffeeBlue wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:

what big picture?

:lol: :lol:

Your most intelligent response ever
ToffeeBlue
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Mon May 14, 2012 3:29 pm

i felt it wise to lower myself to the level of the discussion.

let's raise it a little bit then with some facts:

Newcastle won half of their games. 19 of them. that is more than Chelsea.

it is also more than the combined home wins of Everton and Liverpool.

while you might think that this is all the work of a scout plying his trade in France, the rest of the planet will appreciate that while the manager is less than pefect he has performed admirably and put Newcastle in a position nobody would have dreamed of.

presumably you are just as dismissive of Arsenal's third place finish after relying on the individual brilliance of Van Persie throughout the season, along with the army of scouts Wenger employs?
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby ToffeeBlue » Mon May 14, 2012 3:39 pm

Steely Hill wrote:i felt it wise to lower myself to the level of the discussion.

let's raise it a little bit then with some facts:

Newcastle won half of their games. 19 of them. that is more than Chelsea.

it is also more than the combined home wins of Everton and Liverpool.

while you might think that this is all the work of a scout plying his trade in France, the rest of the planet will appreciate that while the manager is less than pefect he has performed admirably and put Newcastle in a position nobody would have dreamed of.

presumably you are just as dismissive of Arsenal's third place finish after relying on the individual brilliance of Van Persie throughout the season, along with the army of scouts Wenger employs?

Lower youself? I personally thought you had scaled Mt Everest with that response.

If you cant see the difference between the 2 then any lingering doubts i had about you have dissipated totally. He has shown no tactical know how throughout his managerial career, 1 of the worst managers to grace the prem. Am sure Wenger will indentify targets and send them to buy wereas i know for a fact these signings who have got him to 5th had little to do with him.
Always happy to school you steely
ToffeeBlue
Young Pro
Young Pro

PreviousNext

Return to Barclays Premier League