Everton v Newcastle

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Postby Steely Hill » Mon May 14, 2012 3:46 pm

ToffeeBlue wrote: He has shown no tactical know how throughout his managerial career, 1 of the worst managers to grace the prem.


:lol:

what an incredible claim.

1 of the worst managers to grace the premier league has lead two newly promoted clubs to top ten finishes and Europa League/UEFA Cup qualification?

something just doesn't add up! :lol:

EDIT - some more Pardew facts:

Pardew has managed in 133 Premier League games - he has won 50 of them and has amassed 182 points, making 1.37 per game.
Last edited by Steely Hill on Mon May 14, 2012 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39364
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:14 pm

Postby BMJ » Mon May 14, 2012 3:50 pm

We'll see if the Newcaslte supporters are able to keep themselves in check and resist the urge of bad habits from days gone by.

Another uninspiring season from Everton sexed up by the fact they just finished above a dreadful Liverpool. Happy days?
User avatar
BMJ
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 2880
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:39 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby ToffeeBlue » Mon May 14, 2012 4:33 pm

BMJ wrote:We'll see if the Newcaslte supporters are able to keep themselves in check and resist the urge of bad habits from days gone by.

Another uninspiring season from Everton sexed up by the fact they just finished above a dreadful Liverpool. Happy days?


Depends on your definition of inspiring really? Finishing above them means nothing to me. More disappointed with the semi final than any league placing but we looked fantastic in the 2nd half again and actually have a striker now
ToffeeBlue
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:01 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby ToffeeBlue » Mon May 14, 2012 4:34 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
ToffeeBlue wrote: He has shown no tactical know how throughout his managerial career, 1 of the worst managers to grace the prem.


:lol:

what an incredible claim.

1 of the worst managers to grace the premier league has lead two newly promoted clubs to top ten finishes and Europa League/UEFA Cup qualification?

something just doesn't add up! :lol:

EDIT - some more Pardew facts:

Pardew has managed in 133 Premier League games - he has won 50 of them and has amassed 182 points, making 1.37 per game.


Ah just realised he was a hammer wasnt he, can be the only reason to back him up
ToffeeBlue
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:01 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby BMJ » Mon May 14, 2012 4:38 pm

ToffeeBlue wrote:
BMJ wrote:We'll see if the Newcaslte supporters are able to keep themselves in check and resist the urge of bad habits from days gone by.

Another uninspiring season from Everton sexed up by the fact they just finished above a dreadful Liverpool. Happy days?


Depends on your definition of inspiring really? Finishing above them means nothing to me. More disappointed with the semi final than any league placing but we looked fantastic in the 2nd half again and actually have a striker now


Fair nuff.

How do you see Everton going forward? Happy with Moyes?

Is there any real prospect of Everton inching up the table?
User avatar
BMJ
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 2880
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:39 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby ToffeeBlue » Mon May 14, 2012 11:57 pm

BMJ wrote:
ToffeeBlue wrote:
BMJ wrote:We'll see if the Newcaslte supporters are able to keep themselves in check and resist the urge of bad habits from days gone by.

Another uninspiring season from Everton sexed up by the fact they just finished above a dreadful Liverpool. Happy days?


Depends on your definition of inspiring really? Finishing above them means nothing to me. More disappointed with the semi final than any league placing but we looked fantastic in the 2nd half again and actually have a striker now


Fair nuff.

How do you see Everton going forward? Happy with Moyes?

Is there any real prospect of Everton inching up the table?


Comes down to money again doesnt it. Pienaar is a must buy in the summer. I am guessing were going to have to sell one of Rodwell or Jag to generate some money then see who we can get from that, maybe another couple of loans in. But Velios did ok this year and Barkley our exciting young talent will definitely be getting more game time next season so looking ok
ToffeeBlue
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:01 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby Big Jono » Tue May 15, 2012 1:10 am

Pienaar has looked ok near the end of the season, I think we might keep him as a bench warmer. ;)
User avatar
Big Jono
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 30453
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:22 pm

Postby Steely Hill » Tue May 15, 2012 9:56 am

ToffeeBlue wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:
ToffeeBlue wrote: He has shown no tactical know how throughout his managerial career, 1 of the worst managers to grace the prem.


:lol:

what an incredible claim.

1 of the worst managers to grace the premier league has lead two newly promoted clubs to top ten finishes and Europa League/UEFA Cup qualification?

something just doesn't add up! :lol:

EDIT - some more Pardew facts:

Pardew has managed in 133 Premier League games - he has won 50 of them and has amassed 182 points, making 1.37 per game.


Ah just realised he was a hammer wasnt he, can be the only reason to back him up


:?

what a very strange thing to say. a quick browse over my post history will give you plenty of examples of me criticising Mr Pardew. simliarly, you'll find the same thing over the majority of our ex managers and even current manager.

Pardew's exit from West Ham was in the most classless of circumstances and so i have no loyalty towards him. regardless of this, i can acknowledge that he has performed brilliantly since taking over at Newcastle.

seemingly, you lack the ability to offer an impartial view and totally ignore the stats which seem to fly in the face of your ludicrous claims that he is one of the 'worst ever managers'. but, hey, if you're happy with that then so be it.
User avatar
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39364
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:14 pm

Postby ToffeeBlue » Tue May 15, 2012 10:44 am

Big Jono wrote:Pienaar has looked ok near the end of the season, I think we might keep him as a bench warmer. ;)


You need to see his interview mate. Looked less than impressed at the thought of going back there
ToffeeBlue
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:01 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby ToffeeBlue » Tue May 15, 2012 10:51 am

Steely Hill wrote:
ToffeeBlue wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:
ToffeeBlue wrote: He has shown no tactical know how throughout his managerial career, 1 of the worst managers to grace the prem.


:lol:

what an incredible claim.

1 of the worst managers to grace the premier league has lead two newly promoted clubs to top ten finishes and Europa League/UEFA Cup qualification?

something just doesn't add up! :lol:

EDIT - some more Pardew facts:

Pardew has managed in 133 Premier League games - he has won 50 of them and has amassed 182 points, making 1.37 per game.


Ah just realised he was a hammer wasnt he, can be the only reason to back him up


:?

what a very strange thing to say. a quick browse over my post history will give you plenty of examples of me criticising Mr Pardew. simliarly, you'll find the same thing over the majority of our ex managers and even current manager.

Pardew's exit from West Ham was in the most classless of circumstances and so i have no loyalty towards him. regardless of this, i can acknowledge that he has performed brilliantly since taking over at Newcastle.

seemingly, you lack the ability to offer an impartial view and totally ignore the stats which seem to fly in the face of your ludicrous claims that he is one of the 'worst ever managers'. but, hey, if you're happy with that then so be it.


I, unlike yourself look at more than silly stats. Stats are for media supporters who lack knowledge of the game like yourself.
Pardew is classless, obnoxious and follows through the same path with each club, he starts off decent and then when it comes down to the brass tacks of tactics he ultimately fails because he isnt a good manager. Give me the 1970 Brazil team and i am sure i would fancy my chances of leading them to glory.
He has been given some v talented individuals, not picked by himself, and they have got him out of trouble. He has no plan B if it doesnt work, take the Everton game for example, they getting overrun and his idea is to bring 2 full backs on, what a joke.
Stick to the prediction league lad, as when it comes to proper football talk your a relegation candidate
ToffeeBlue
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:01 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby Steely Hill » Tue May 15, 2012 11:12 am

ToffeeBlue wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:
ToffeeBlue wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:
ToffeeBlue wrote: He has shown no tactical know how throughout his managerial career, 1 of the worst managers to grace the prem.


:lol:

what an incredible claim.

1 of the worst managers to grace the premier league has lead two newly promoted clubs to top ten finishes and Europa League/UEFA Cup qualification?

something just doesn't add up! :lol:

EDIT - some more Pardew facts:

Pardew has managed in 133 Premier League games - he has won 50 of them and has amassed 182 points, making 1.37 per game.


Ah just realised he was a hammer wasnt he, can be the only reason to back him up


:?

what a very strange thing to say. a quick browse over my post history will give you plenty of examples of me criticising Mr Pardew. simliarly, you'll find the same thing over the majority of our ex managers and even current manager.

Pardew's exit from West Ham was in the most classless of circumstances and so i have no loyalty towards him. regardless of this, i can acknowledge that he has performed brilliantly since taking over at Newcastle.

seemingly, you lack the ability to offer an impartial view and totally ignore the stats which seem to fly in the face of your ludicrous claims that he is one of the 'worst ever managers'. but, hey, if you're happy with that then so be it.


I, unlike yourself look at more than silly stats. Stats are for media supporters who lack knowledge of the game like yourself.
Pardew is classless, obnoxious and follows through the same path with each club, he starts off decent and then when it comes down to the brass tacks of tactics he ultimately fails because he isnt a good manager. Give me the 1970 Brazil team and i am sure i would fancy my chances of leading them to glory.
He has been given some v talented individuals, not picked by himself, and they have got him out of trouble. He has no plan B if it doesnt work, take the Everton game for example, they getting overrun and his idea is to bring 2 full backs on, what a joke.
Stick to the prediction league lad, as when it comes to proper football talk your a relegation candidate


:lol:

i have given you achievements and stats to highlight a pattern of consistent (relative) success in the Premier League.

Pardew is classless, no doubt about it. however, that has nothing to do with the discussion.

i also accept that he is tactically limited but the fact is he gets results.

you have labelled him one of the worst managers that has ever graced the premier league and then, in the next breath, have the audacity to question my knowledge of football.

that initial claim is simply unjustifiable bollocks, to be frank. similarly, having someone like you question my knowledge means i am doing something right.

if you're prepared to admit your claim is sensationalist nonsense and that, actually, Pardew is 'average', i am happy to leave it there as i am not overly fussed on that.
User avatar
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39364
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:14 pm

Postby ToffeeBlue » Tue May 15, 2012 12:44 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
ToffeeBlue wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:
ToffeeBlue wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:
ToffeeBlue wrote: He has shown no tactical know how throughout his managerial career, 1 of the worst managers to grace the prem.


:lol:

what an incredible claim.

1 of the worst managers to grace the premier league has lead two newly promoted clubs to top ten finishes and Europa League/UEFA Cup qualification?

something just doesn't add up! :lol:

EDIT - some more Pardew facts:

Pardew has managed in 133 Premier League games - he has won 50 of them and has amassed 182 points, making 1.37 per game.


Ah just realised he was a hammer wasnt he, can be the only reason to back him up


:?

what a very strange thing to say. a quick browse over my post history will give you plenty of examples of me criticising Mr Pardew. simliarly, you'll find the same thing over the majority of our ex managers and even current manager.

Pardew's exit from West Ham was in the most classless of circumstances and so i have no loyalty towards him. regardless of this, i can acknowledge that he has performed brilliantly since taking over at Newcastle.

seemingly, you lack the ability to offer an impartial view and totally ignore the stats which seem to fly in the face of your ludicrous claims that he is one of the 'worst ever managers'. but, hey, if you're happy with that then so be it.


I, unlike yourself look at more than silly stats. Stats are for media supporters who lack knowledge of the game like yourself.
Pardew is classless, obnoxious and follows through the same path with each club, he starts off decent and then when it comes down to the brass tacks of tactics he ultimately fails because he isnt a good manager. Give me the 1970 Brazil team and i am sure i would fancy my chances of leading them to glory.
He has been given some v talented individuals, not picked by himself, and they have got him out of trouble. He has no plan B if it doesnt work, take the Everton game for example, they getting overrun and his idea is to bring 2 full backs on, what a joke.
Stick to the prediction league lad, as when it comes to proper football talk your a relegation candidate


:lol:

i have given you achievements and stats to highlight a pattern of consistent (relative) success in the Premier League.

Pardew is classless, no doubt about it. however, that has nothing to do with the discussion.

i also accept that he is tactically limited but the fact is he gets results.

you have labelled him one of the worst managers that has ever graced the premier league and then, in the next breath, have the audacity to question my knowledge of football.

that initial claim is simply unjustifiable bollocks, to be frank. similarly, having someone like you question my knowledge means i am doing something right.

if you're prepared to admit your claim is sensationalist nonsense and that, actually, Pardew is 'average', i am happy to leave it there as i am not overly fussed on that.


Nothing sensationalist about it quite frankly. If your looking at someones reading of the game, tactical know how and changing games then you will find i am very correct. Pardew gets by on the inital wave of enthusiasm, when this has died he struggles. With Newcastle he has been helped by some great scouting and them players getting him out of trouble.
ToffeeBlue
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:01 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby Steely Hill » Tue May 15, 2012 12:55 pm

so you maintain he is one of the worst managers that has ever graced the league?
User avatar
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39364
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:14 pm

Postby Hoop45 » Tue May 15, 2012 1:00 pm

I am in the +1 camp for showing no loyalty whatsoever to Pardew for the classless way he left the club I support but still begrudgingly admit he is a good manager.
Hoop45
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 18708
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:59 pm

Postby ToffeeBlue » Tue May 15, 2012 1:06 pm

Steely Hill wrote:so you maintain he is one of the worst managers that has ever graced the league?


Unless you can find a retraction somewere in my last post i believe your post is pretty pointless
ToffeeBlue
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:01 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby Steely Hill » Tue May 15, 2012 1:59 pm

ToffeeBlue wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:so you maintain he is one of the worst managers that has ever graced the league?


Unless you can find a retraction somewere in my last post i believe your post is pretty pointless


:lol:

fair point. it was more of an expression of disbelief than a genuine question, in fairness.

Question - do you think winning twice and drawing three in seven games against Arsenal is pretty good?

how about winning three times and drawing 4 in 21 against the same team?
User avatar
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39364
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:14 pm

Postby ToffeeBlue » Tue May 15, 2012 11:12 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
ToffeeBlue wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:so you maintain he is one of the worst managers that has ever graced the league?


Unless you can find a retraction somewere in my last post i believe your post is pretty pointless


:lol:

fair point. it was more of an expression of disbelief than a genuine question, in fairness.

Question - do you think winning twice and drawing three in seven games against Arsenal is pretty good?

how about winning three times and drawing 4 in 21 against the same team?


Arsenal now the barometer of all things good then? :lol: :lol:
ToffeeBlue
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:01 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby Big Jono » Tue May 15, 2012 11:43 pm

Its making news down here in Aus about Cahils sending off and 3 match ban. Cahill has come out and said he lost his cool because Cabaye said something to him so disgusting he wont repeat it.
User avatar
Big Jono
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 30453
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:22 pm

Postby ToffeeBlue » Wed May 16, 2012 12:34 am

Big Jono wrote:Its making news down here in Aus about Cahils sending off and 3 match ban. Cahill has come out and said he lost his cool because Cabaye said something to him so disgusting he wont repeat it.


Must have been something very bad, as Cahill lost it completely. Always been a fiery character but never seen him like that
ToffeeBlue
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:01 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby Big Jono » Wed May 16, 2012 12:55 am

Cabaye has apologised for what he said, I wonder what it was.
User avatar
Big Jono
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 30453
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:22 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Barclays Premier League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest