Derby County Thread - 2012/2013/2014/2015 Seasons.

All The latest fixtures,results,tables and discussion from the 4th biggest league in European football.

Moderator: Moderators

Derby County Thread - 2012/2013/2014/2015 Seasons.

Postby knabby crackers » Tue May 22, 2012 3:22 pm

I hope you don't mind me starting this thread for the coming season.

The revolving door has started turning at Pride Park with goalkeeper James Severn [caps for England u/17] signing for Scunthorpe United.

Lee Croft, Miles Addison, Chris Maguire do not appear to figure in Nigel Clough's plans and it has also been stated that midfielder James Bailey could be up for grabs.

Today many Rams fans were stunned by the news that Steve Davies has turned down a new contract indicating 'for family reasons', personally I will be sorry to see him leave as he is far superior to Tosspot Tyson and Teflon Robinson.
Last edited by knabby crackers on Wed May 28, 2014 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
knabby crackers
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby knabby crackers » Thu May 24, 2012 3:14 pm

One of our correspondents in Northampton [Uncle Tom Cobbler] reports that the Rams are in pole position in the chase for 20 year old midfielder Michael Jacobs.

Manager Nigel Clough has indicated that goalkeeper Saul Deeney is close to returning from a serious shoulder injury which kept him on the sidelines for the whole of last season and intimates that he or Adam Legzdins will spend some of the coming season out on loan.
knabby crackers
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Re: Derby County Thread - 2012/2013 Season.

Postby goldmember » Tue May 29, 2012 10:08 pm

knabby crackers wrote:I hope you don't mind me starting this thread for the coming season.

The revolving door has started turning at Pride Park with goalkeeper James Severn [caps for England u/17] signing for Scunthorpe United.

Lee Croft, Miles Addison, Chris Maguire do not appear to figure in Nigel Clough's plans and it has also been stated that midfielder James Bailey could be up for grabs.

Today many Rams fans were stunned by the news that Steve Davies has turned down a new contract indicating 'for family reasons', personally I will be sorry to see him leave as he is far superior to Tosspot Tyson and Teflon Robinson.

steve davis has been linked with leeds since turning down the contract offer...oh knabby you wouldnt like that now :lol:
goldmember
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby knabby crackers » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:04 pm

We have a pre-season friendly against Blunderland on Wednesday night and it will be my first opportunity to get a look at our new signings, Jacobs from Northampton, Coutts from PNE, Keogh from Coffintree and Des O'Connor from Donny. Nigel has indicated that he will be making his formulation for the starting line-up and that want-away striker Steve Davies could make his first appearance in the pre-season games.

Our Capital One Cup campaign starts against Scunny at Pride Park on Tuesday 14th August and we will be minus Jamie Ward and Jeff Hendrick who will be away on international duty with Ireland.

The first Championship game is against the Wendies who have already sold their 6,000 ticket allocation and have asked for more so it could be a near capacity crowd to get the season underway.

I'm hoping to see our players giving nothing less than 100% and warranting the support they get from the Derby fans, EXCELLENCE IS EXPECTED, FAILURE IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!
knabby crackers
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby knabby crackers » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:40 pm

knabby crackers wrote:We have a pre-season friendly against Blunderland on Wednesday night and it will be my first opportunity to get a look at our new signings, Jacobs from Northampton, Coutts from PNE, Keogh from Coffintree and Des O'Connor from Donny. Nigel has indicated that he will be making his formulation for the starting line-up and that want-away striker Steve Davies could make his first appearance in the pre-season games.

Our Capital One Cup campaign starts against Scunny at Pride Park on Tuesday 14th August and we will be minus Jamie Ward and Jeff Hendrick who will be away on international duty with Ireland.

The first Championship game is against the Wendies who have already sold their 6,000 ticket allocation and have asked for more so it could be a near capacity crowd to get the season underway.

I'm hoping to see our players giving nothing less than 100% and warranting the support they get from the Derby fans, EXCELLENCE IS EXPECTED, FAILURE IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!

A typical pre-season friendly, the high point as far as I'm concerned was the contribution from 17 year old Will Hughes in midfield as Bryson was carrying a slight niggle and so not included, in the 63 minutes he was on the field he wasted just one pass and left numerous Blunderland players sprawling as his skill and guile shone like a beacon.

It is early days and obviously the new signings have to settle in but my initial thoughts on Keogh, Coutts and Jacobs are that substantial improvement is required before they attain the standards expected of those who wear our shirt.

Teflon Robinson tore around the pitch in his headless chicken style and achieved little and Tosspot Tyson took over his mantle when he replaced the imperious Hughes on 63 minutes, McLean scored for Blunderland after 73 minutes following decidedly dodgy Derby defending and Tosspot levelled the tie after 81 minutes with a glancing header, this was his first goal in a Rams shirt, I must work out how many games it has taken him and then consult the fixture list for next season to see when the next will come.

Colback is a niggly, annoying twat of a player and was fortunate that the referee [E. Ilderton] was from Whine & Tear, some of his tackles would have been more suited to a Victorian farmhand wielding a scythe at haymaking.
knabby crackers
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby knabby crackers » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:37 pm

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/leed ... 28779.aspx

The Rams U/21 team met the DYS in the first game in the new league, like the first team in their first game they let a 2 goal lead slip and ended with a 2-2 draw, new signings Freeman, Gjogac [sp], Hoganson and Jacobs all started.
knabby crackers
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby knabby crackers » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:09 am

In the second U/21 League game Derby beat Fester 3-2.

No ins or outs on the final day of the Transfer Window, it would appear that Nigel will persevere with his 18 man/boy squad, fingers and legs crossed that we avoid injuries and suspensions.

I'm looking for 3 points against Zola's mercenaries [aka Watford] today, hopefully Codhead Sammon will open his account, no team news at this time.
knabby crackers
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby knabby crackers » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:17 pm

Sheffield Wendies U/21 1-2 Rams U/21

The Rams goals were scored by Teflon Robinson and Yank Connie Doyle.
knabby crackers
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby knabby crackers » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:25 pm

Last night's U/21 fixture against the Bonsai Bashers at the Sh1tty Ground was cancelled due to A WATERLOGGED PITCH, this does not bode well for the 1st XI fixture against them on Saturday if the the rain continues falling, perhaps we should challenge them at water polo!!

:roll: :wink:
knabby crackers
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby knabby crackers » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:35 pm

A 2-2 draw against Boro at their 2/3rds empty Riverside Old Folks Home shakes off the jinx at this ground, 13.377 is a disgraceful attendance even for an evening game, I know times are hard but was this pathetic attendance due more to the fact that Boro are unattractive to watch, my pal who went to the game reckons they were so boring that he could hear sounds of snoring from their 'supporters'.

Nigel started Tosspot Tyson and Teflon Robinson in place of Codhead Sammon and the injured Jamie Ward, other than scoring the penalty Teflon did little to cement a claim for a starting place against Brighton on Saturday and Tosspot's contribution was negligible, I would be inclined to play Jacobs on the left and let 17 year old Will Hughes play off Sammon.

16 year old Mason Bennett has once again been called up to the England U/17 squad.
knabby crackers
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby knabby crackers » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:48 pm

The injury list seems to be improving, Ward should be in the squad against Posh and there is a good chance that Hendrick will return, probably on the bench, Fenella is the biggest doubt but that doesn't bother me as 'Leggings' has performed well between the sticks.

Nigel has got selection problems that he will like as, in a rare start, Jacobs put in a creditable performance against the Tractor Boys and Tosspot scored when he came on as substitute whilst Codhead had possibly his best game for the Rams so far.

A win against the Posh could see us commence a move towaards the play-off places.

:wink: :D
knabby crackers
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby knabby crackers » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:23 pm

We host the Tykes tonight and Nigel is looking to repeat the performance put in against Blackpool, Jamie Ward and Fenella Fielding are still on the injury list although they have now resumed training, Jake the Peg Buxton is available after suspension and hopefully he will replace Des O'Connor in the centre of the defence.

Presumably Codhead and Teflon will spearhead the attack in a 4-4-2 formation.

We will have to keep a close eye on ex-Ram Thomas Cywka as former players always seem to score against us.

I'm going for a 3-1 win for the Rams.
knabby crackers
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby knabby crackers » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:16 pm

Pre-Birmingham:

Jamie Ward still a week away from starting a game, Fenella Fielding is back in training but will probably be warming his bum on the bench.

Ben Davies is likely to go out on loan to give him game time.

On Saturday there will be hundreds of Rams fans paying tribute to one of their own who died on Monday 19th November, John Richardson who was known on many websites as "The Ram" followed his team for almost 55 years and was for some time an active member of the DLF, he used to live about 100 yards from the Baseball Ground and was educateed in all things Derby County by his mother who was a fervent supporter. Rest in Peace John, you will never be forgotten.
knabby crackers
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby knabby crackers » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:52 pm

:D

17 year old midfielder Will Hughes has been awarded the Football League Young Player of the Month Award.

:D

Well done Will.
knabby crackers
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby knabby crackers » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:30 pm

Various redtops have been stating that Nigel had shown interest in Red Scummer Dexter Blackstock and that he was preparing a bid for him, what bloody tosh, why on earth would he want yet another Red Reject and he has laughed off the suggestion in today's Derby Telegraph.

It is interesting because, allegedly, it was an ex-Ram and Blackstock who stirred the manure when we showed interest in Kenwynne Jones prior to his move from Southampton, knowing that Blackstock was a friend of Jones the ex-Ram allegedly asked him to advise Jones not to sign for the Rams.

Blackstock is not worthy to wear a Rams shirt, in my opinion he should either stay at the Shitty Ground or sign for some obscure Russian club so that we don't have to watch his pathetic efforts at being a footballer.
knabby crackers
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby knabby crackers » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:01 pm

Unbelievably our team made up mainly of players gleaned from lower leagues, the SPL and Academy products have 9 players picked for the squads for representative games for their respective countries.

Keyhole, Hendrick, Sammon, O'Brien - RoI
Hughes, Bennett - England
Gjokaj - Albania
Teflon - Jamaica
Freeman - Wales

Jamie Ward was selected for duty with Northern Ireland but withdrew from the squad due to a hamstring injury.
knabby crackers
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby knabby crackers » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:18 pm

Theo 'Teflon' Robinson has gone on loan to Uddersfeeled, Norwich striker Chris Martin is lined up to replace him and the loan deal should be completed today.

Executive Finance Director, Mal Brannigan has left the club, it looks like the Yanks are wielding their cost-cutting axe behind the scenes as well as on the pitch.

:roll:
knabby crackers
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Hams » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:49 pm

Things could be worst KC,at least your club isn't run by a bunch of Kuwaities or Indians who don't seem to have a clue what their doing.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby knabby crackers » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:00 pm

:lol:

Tuesday 26th February 2013.........

Rams 2-0 Munchester City

You are not seeing things and the result above is 100% correct.

:roll: Well OK it was the U/18s and it was the FA Youth Cup, but what a brilliant result for our lads against a Munchester team which cost nearly as much as our first team, we now play Chelski at Pride Park in the last eight.

:lol:
knabby crackers
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby knabby crackers » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:31 pm

Went to watch our U/18s last night in the FA Youth Cup, they were playing a Chelsea team that included players from countries some of our lads had never heard of and one cost in the region of £1million.

The gulf in class showed early on and the Chelsea players were very comfortable on the ball and their interplay was slick, they went ahead when the Rams goalie Etheridge brought down the Chelsea number 9 after a suicidal back-pass from a Rams defender, Mason Bennett equalised for Derby in the second half and we had much more of the play with 3 good goalscoring chances but in committing players forward we were caught on the counter attack and went down 1-2.

Well done to the lads, they never gave up and the Derby fans should be very proud of them.
knabby crackers
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Next

Return to Sky Bet Championship