Blackburn Rovers owners confused following relegation!

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Blackburn Rovers owners confused following relegation!

Postby Hams » Wed May 23, 2012 7:38 pm

Wed, 23 May 16:04:00 2012

The future of Blackburn manager Steve Kean may not be decided until next month after co-owner Venkatesh Rao admitted everything was in "confusion".

Speculation about the Rovers boss has increased following the club's relegation from the Barclays Premier League, but despite the Scot travelling to India to meet executives of club owners Venky's, his situation remains unclear.

Kean was back at the club's Brockhall training ground yesterday and Rao said a decision on his future may not come for a while.

"Still everything is in confusion so I would say in the next month we will have a proper situation to talk about," he told Sky Sports News.

"In the next month let us see what happens. We are talking about various things, so many, about the manager, about the players, about staff, about the club.

"Nothing will be said right away so I would say kindly bear with us for some time and then the whole picture will be clear."
PA Sport

Any comments?

What have Blackburn's owners got to be confused about?

I feel quite sorry for genuine Rovers fans having these people in charge of their club!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby ToffeeBlue » Wed May 23, 2012 8:38 pm

2 things

Shouldnt this be in the championship section?

The Indian owners are a joke, what are they confused about? Kean is a joke of a manager and needs sacking immediately
ToffeeBlue
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Sparkyjinx » Wed May 23, 2012 9:55 pm

Surely they can't be that away with the fairies - perhaps it is lost in translation, or poor English and they're just saying there are a lot of factors to take in :?
Sparkyjinx
World Class
World Class

Postby Pokerkings » Wed May 23, 2012 10:12 pm

I can't believe they got shot of FAT Sam for Kean!!
Pokerkings
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Zinc » Thu May 24, 2012 8:42 am

A bit late to be firing him now isn't it, the ship has sunk.
Zinc
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby BMJ » Thu May 24, 2012 10:49 am

Zinc wrote:A bit late to be firing him now isn't it, the ship has sunk.

Ahhh now I know why you still support Wenger...

;)
BMJ
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Fri May 25, 2012 9:37 am

Sparkyjinx wrote:Surely they can't be that away with the fairies - perhaps it is lost in translation, or poor English and they're just saying there are a lot of factors to take in :?

i've heard some quite unsavoury things about the football club and the ownership. it all sounded extremely far-fetched at the time but there does appear to be some slight elements of truth based on the way things have panned out.

if it is true it would be a huge scandal.

anybody else heard anything?
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Sparkyjinx » Fri May 25, 2012 8:54 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
Sparkyjinx wrote:Surely they can't be that away with the fairies - perhaps it is lost in translation, or poor English and they're just saying there are a lot of factors to take in :?

i've heard some quite unsavoury things about the football club and the ownership. it all sounded extremely far-fetched at the time but there does appear to be some slight elements of truth based on the way things have panned out.

if it is true it would be a huge scandal.

anybody else heard anything?

I wasnt aware to what extent, it sounds bizarre yet intriguing.
Sparkyjinx
World Class
World Class

Postby Big Jono » Sun May 27, 2012 5:25 am

All I have heard is about a player agent pretty much running the club for them and using the club to line his own pockets no matter how detrimental to the club on the field.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Zinc » Sun May 27, 2012 11:04 am

Come on then everyone, spill the beans...
Zinc
Young Pro
Young Pro

Re: Blackburn Rovers owners confused following relegation!

Postby Larry7580 » Sun May 27, 2012 4:39 pm

Hams wrote:Any comments?

What have Blackburn's owners got to be confused about?

I feel quite sorry for genuine Rovers fans having these people in charge of their club!

agreed, I've always had a degree of admiration for what Blackburn, have achieved over the years I've been saying for months now that these chicken farmers are out of their depth and yet again I think we have seen another failure of the Premierships farcicle "fit and proper" test.
Larry7580

Postby KimKallstrom2 » Mon May 28, 2012 2:22 am

Big Jono wrote:All I have heard is about a player agent pretty much running the club for them and using the club to line his own pockets no matter how detrimental to the club on the field.

Yeah this is essentially what I have heard too.

It seems Venky's thought they should get this football "consultancy" group, Kintaro or someone (who are actually, for all intents and purposes, an agency who Steve Kean is with apparently) as advisers because they're not experts in football.

So Kintaro call all the shots and are using the club to line their pockets as you say.
KimKallstrom2
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Big Jono » Mon May 28, 2012 3:40 am

Zinc wrote:Come on then everyone, spill the beans...

I dont know what Steely was talking about but this is what I am....

http://blrb.co.uk/wheres-fa-rovers-rape ... relegated/
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Mon May 28, 2012 9:30 am

yeah, that is the bread and butter of it but i did read an interesting series of allegations which, if unfounded, would surely lead to legal action. however, no such acion has been taken.

Google Steve Kean Conspiracy.

on the face of it, what Blackburn are doing/have done is no different to Doncaster Rovers, whose business model i highlighted in the General Football forum a while ago. whether there are more sinister goings on remains to be seen.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby ToffeeBlue » Mon May 28, 2012 10:57 am

Hams you seriously need to lock this thread. People are sailing very close to the edge
ToffeeBlue
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Zinc » Mon May 28, 2012 11:04 am

ToffeeBlue wrote:Hams you seriously need to lock this thread. People are sailing very close to the edge

Why? We're just people, talking.
Zinc
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby ToffeeBlue » Mon May 28, 2012 11:10 am

Zinc wrote:
ToffeeBlue wrote:Hams you seriously need to lock this thread. People are sailing very close to the edge

There is legal issues to be concerned with here. Unfounded allegations are just going to bring the site trouble
ToffeeBlue
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Zinc » Mon May 28, 2012 11:14 am

ToffeeBlue wrote:
Zinc wrote:

There is legal issues to be concerned with here. Unfounded allegations are just going to bring the site trouble

I don't think anyone has made any outright statements of fact or accusations, just saying what they've heard. You should be entirely free to talk about what you've heard, this isn't North Korea.
Zinc
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby ToffeeBlue » Mon May 28, 2012 11:38 am

Zinc wrote:
ToffeeBlue wrote:
Zinc wrote:

I don't think anyone has made any outright statements of fact or accusations, just saying what they've heard. You should be entirely free to talk about what you've heard, this isn't North Korea.

He has already taken posts down. Not my site but i would personally close this thread
ToffeeBlue
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Zinc » Mon May 28, 2012 1:08 pm

Oh OK, fair enough.

If it was my site I'd allow complete free-speech but I understand why people have to be careful on a legal level.
Zinc
Young Pro
Young Pro

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League