AS Roma to hire Zeman

This is the place to visit to discuss Serie A if you're a fan of Italian football and have a favourite team.

Moderator: Moderators

AS Roma to hire Zeman

Postby Hams » Thu May 31, 2012 5:45 pm

Thu, 31 May 12:27:00 2012

Zdenek Zeman is set to be the new Roma manager after Pescara president Daniele Sebastiani revealed on Thursday that he was leaving his newly-promoted side.

"Zeman will go Roma, but a piece of his heart will always be in Pescara," Sebastiani told Radio Mana Mana Sport.

"His choice (to go to Roma) was inevitable, because returning to the capital was too attractive an offer for him."

Ansa news agency reported that Zeman and Roma had not yet reached agreement over his contract and transfer targets.

However, Roma's managing director Claudio Fenucci made confident noises to Roma Channel, the club's official television station.

"Soon we will formalise the agreement with our new coach and from there will begin the building of a team that I hope this year will give great satisfaction to our fans," Fenucci said.

"We would like to move our project of a spectacular and fun team forward."

Zeman, who was born in Prague but is a naturalised Italian, managed Roma between 1997 and 1999, and the flamboyant style of football his side played left a deep impression on their supporters.

Pescara were promoted to Serie A last season with a team that drew plaudits for their attacking style.

Roma lost 14 league matches last season under Luis Enrique and failed to qualify for European competition.
Reuters

Are AS Roma right to bring back Zeman as their manager?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby sbenjo » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:57 am

oh surely!! i'dont see the time that zeman will come back to AS Roma, I'll be very happy when i'll see Zeman to wear the AS roma t-shirt. Zeman is one of the most coach of ever in italy and so the AS Roma fans will be very very happy to give welcome to Zeman.
sbenjo
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Hams » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:47 pm

Zeman has been confirmed as the new manager of AS Roma and has signed a two year contract.

Any comments?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Return to Italy - Serie A