FA A-Licence as a foreigner

Are you In need of some coaching advice or do you want to share your tips and help out others?

Moderator: Moderators

FA A-Licence as a foreigner

Postby tropenpeter » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:22 pm

Hey there,

I am a 22 year old German university student (one of my majors is Anglistics) and I am interested in getting my A-Licence in England. I am already in possesion of the German (UEFA) B-Licence which requires me to start the course in England.I will be studying there in one years's time. Currently I am responsible for an Under 13 squad of a First Bundesliga team.
I talked to the FA aswell as to the German Football Association already and they explained the procedure to me, the formalities are not that difficult.

I have the following questions :

- It seems like the UEFA A Prep Course is compulsory. Does anyone have experiences with the course. How does it work and is it doable ?

- How much will it cost me to finish the A-Licence (in total)?

- How high is the drop-out or failing-rate ? (Especially for foreigners)

- Did anyone complete the course already and how does the FA think about foreigners attending the courses ?

Hope those are not too many questions :)

Greetings,

Tropenpeter
tropenpeter
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby zerotwo7 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:35 pm

Hi,

I don't think that it would make a difference what your nationality is to whether you pass or fail, the A Licence course is not an easy course and for good reason. You have to remember that an A Licence is a well respected course so like anything if you work hard enough you will achieve it.

The only stepping stone you may come across is the differences between the German and English courses. You may find that the courses are very different to what you know from Germany.

I am not sure on the exact cost but i believe it is in the region of £2000 but if you have the funds and want to go places in football i recommend it to anyone.

Hope this helps and good luck!
zerotwo7
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Return to Football Coaching