FIFA/PL approves Goal line technology

This is where you can tell us all your general football views either domestic or international.

Moderators: Big Jono, Moderators

FIFA/PL approves Goal line technology

Postby Hams » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:04 pm

Goal-line technology has been given the go-ahead by the International Football Association Board (IFAB) following a vote in Zurich on Thursday.

Two systems - Hawk-Eye and GoalRef - have been approved after passing a series of scientific tests.

They will first be used at this December's Club World Cup and, if successful, at the 2013 Confederations Cup and the 2014 World Cup.

It could be implimented in the Premier League midway through next season.

BBC Sport


Any comments?

Were FIFA right to vote to approve this new technology?

Has football changed for ever?
Last edited by Hams on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39497
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Re: FIFA approves Goal line technology

Postby Alan42 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:07 pm

Hams wrote:
Goal-line technology has been given the go-ahead by the International Football Association Board (IFAB) following a vote in Zurich on Thursday.

Two systems - Hawk-Eye and GoalRef - have been approved after passing a series of scientific tests.

They will first be used at this December's Club World Cup and, if successful, at the 2013 Confederations Cup and the 2014 World Cup.

It could be implimented in the Premier League midway through next season.

BBC Sport


Any comments?

Were FIFA right to vote to approve this new technology?


Absolutely. Fools like Blatter have held it up for far too long.
User avatar
Alan42
Grass Roots
Grass Roots
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 6:25 pm
Location: Baxenden

Postby chin-up » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:11 pm

Hooray, hooray & one more time hooray. Finally, Blatter got it going despite the French Platini being against it.
How come, these Frenchies are so backwards ?
User avatar
chin-up
Banned
Banned
 
Posts: 5503
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:04 am
Location: Pride of London

Postby zerotwo7 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:26 am

Lets be honest here, the only reason it is now going ahead is because England benefited from a decision in the Euros!

Blatter is a joke and should have been replaced a long time ago
User avatar
zerotwo7
Grass Roots
Grass Roots
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:30 pm
Location: Chester

Postby Hams » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:52 am

zerotwo7 wrote:Lets be honest here, the only reason it is now going ahead is because England benefited from a decision in the Euros!

Blatter is a joke and should have been replaced a long time ago


Lets not forget mate that Ukraine goal should never have been allowed anyway as they were clearly off side in the build up play.

I agree with you though about Septic Bladder.
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39497
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby ToffeeBlue » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:58 am

Its about time, quicker comes in the better
ToffeeBlue
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:01 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby zerotwo7 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:00 am

Yes i totally agree, everyone including our own media decided to ignore that point. But the fact that it happened against Germany in the World Cup and nothing was done and then as soon as there was an issue and England were on the right end of it the next morning he is all over the papers and sports website saying it has to be done!

Crazy situation, I wish the premier league didn't have to adhere to all FIFA rules and had more say over situations like this!
User avatar
zerotwo7
Grass Roots
Grass Roots
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:30 pm
Location: Chester

Postby Hams » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:08 am

What concerns me though is will this so called technology notice if a goal was offside never mind if the ball crossed the line or not?
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39497
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby ToffeeBlue » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:17 am

Hams wrote:What concerns me though is will this so called technology notice if a goal was offside never mind if the ball crossed the line or not?


Its not for offsides its purely to see if the ball crossed the line which is most important
ToffeeBlue
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:01 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby zerotwo7 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:17 am

Well this is it. I really don't understand why they can't use the same system as rugby league. If a referee feels there may have been any wrong doing throughout and leading up to the goal why can't he go to a video ref to check for infringement?

We are not asking for it to be all over the pitch, i think goals and penalties would be enough. We don't want to take all the controversy out the game do we :wink:
User avatar
zerotwo7
Grass Roots
Grass Roots
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:30 pm
Location: Chester

Postby Hams » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:38 am

ToffeeBlue wrote:
Hams wrote:What concerns me though is will this so called technology notice if a goal was offside never mind if the ball crossed the line or not?


Its not for offsides its purely to see if the ball crossed the line which is most important


I know mate but what if a player is off side before the goal line incident? - will that be taken into consideration?
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39497
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby ToffeeBlue » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:58 am

Hams wrote:
ToffeeBlue wrote:
Hams wrote:What concerns me though is will this so called technology notice if a goal was offside never mind if the ball crossed the line or not?


Its not for offsides its purely to see if the ball crossed the line which is most important


I know mate but what if a player is off side before the goal line incident? - will that be taken into consideration?


Nope not if the official has not caught it.
ToffeeBlue
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:01 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby Fuse » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:33 pm

I think this is a great resolution! I wonder why we had wait so far to take this decision. We have tecnology, profit by it!
However i really don't know why, a big player like Platini, was opposed: what is he thinking?
User avatar
Fuse
Grass Roots
Grass Roots
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:39 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Hektorek » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:39 pm

In my opinion the idea of goal-line system is very helpful and fortunately FIFA has taken the right measures to introduce it into the life. I can't get some opinion like "making the football too modern and technological". It will not disturb players and fans in watching the matches. While we will be always sure if the goal should be given or not.
User avatar
Hektorek
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1900
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:13 pm
Location: Poland

Postby davidjohn » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:10 pm

It's always better to choose new technology in football, technology judge better than human.
davidjohn
Grass Roots
Grass Roots
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:44 am
Location: NY, USA

Postby eaman » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:15 pm

its going to be a complete waste of money. how many times a year will they have to use it. probably less than ten times in every league. they should just use a video referee. they already have the cameras in place. eventually were going to be going there anyway when the dinosaurs from fifa are replaced by younger forward thinking people. we should be already looking at using video refs for offsides
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy
 
Posts: 791
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:02 pm
Location: Limerick, Ireland

Postby ToffeeBlue » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:09 pm

eaman wrote:its going to be a complete waste of money. how many times a year will they have to use it. probably less than ten times in every league. they should just use a video referee. they already have the cameras in place. eventually were going to be going there anyway when the dinosaurs from fifa are replaced by younger forward thinking people. we should be already looking at using video refs for offsides



What about the Semi Final were numerous camera angles were shown and we still didnt know if the ball went in with any great certainty?
ToffeeBlue
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:01 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:08 am

zerotwo7 wrote:Yes i totally agree, everyone including our own media decided to ignore that point. But the fact that it happened against Germany in the World Cup and nothing was done and then as soon as there was an issue and England were on the right end of it the next morning he is all over the papers and sports website saying it has to be done!

Crazy situation, I wish the premier league didn't have to adhere to all FIFA rules and had more say over situations like this!


:lol:

another one blinded by the anti-Blatter/anti-FIFA bandwagon.

Blatter gave the go-ahead for goal line technology YEARS ago. it has taken this long for the technology to be prepared, tendered, tested and verified.

something that you may find interesting was that FIFA/Blatter agreed for it to be introduced in October 2010 - mere months after the Germans got lucky with England's goal which flies in the face of your wild FIFA anti-English theories.
User avatar
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39624
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:14 pm

Postby ToffeeBlue » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:50 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
zerotwo7 wrote:Yes i totally agree, everyone including our own media decided to ignore that point. But the fact that it happened against Germany in the World Cup and nothing was done and then as soon as there was an issue and England were on the right end of it the next morning he is all over the papers and sports website saying it has to be done!

Crazy situation, I wish the premier league didn't have to adhere to all FIFA rules and had more say over situations like this!


:lol:

another one blinded by the anti-Blatter/anti-FIFA bandwagon.

Blatter gave the go-ahead for goal line technology YEARS ago. it has taken this long for the technology to be prepared, tendered, tested and verified.

something that you may find interesting was that FIFA/Blatter agreed for it to be introduced in October 2010 - mere months after the Germans got lucky with England's goal which flies in the face of your wild FIFA anti-English theories.


I see you havent got any better since you been away :lol:

Blatter said: "That [Lampard goal] was the moment for me to say, 'You can't afford for something similar to happen in the next World Cup'.
Blatter continued: "In the autumn of 2010, we started tests and now we are ready. I am a happy man that we did it. The objective is for 2014 but now we have a system which is available for others."
ToffeeBlue
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:01 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:59 pm

ToffeeBlue wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:
zerotwo7 wrote:Yes i totally agree, everyone including our own media decided to ignore that point. But the fact that it happened against Germany in the World Cup and nothing was done and then as soon as there was an issue and England were on the right end of it the next morning he is all over the papers and sports website saying it has to be done!

Crazy situation, I wish the premier league didn't have to adhere to all FIFA rules and had more say over situations like this!


:lol:

another one blinded by the anti-Blatter/anti-FIFA bandwagon.

Blatter gave the go-ahead for goal line technology YEARS ago. it has taken this long for the technology to be prepared, tendered, tested and verified.

something that you may find interesting was that FIFA/Blatter agreed for it to be introduced in October 2010 - mere months after the Germans got lucky with England's goal which flies in the face of your wild FIFA anti-English theories.


I see you havent got any better since you been away :lol:

Blatter said: "That [Lampard goal] was the moment for me to say, 'You can't afford for something similar to happen in the next World Cup'.
Blatter continued: "In the autumn of 2010, we started tests and now we are ready. I am a happy man that we did it. The objective is for 2014 but now we have a system which is available for others."


thanks for confirming what i said. :D
User avatar
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39624
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:14 pm

Next

Return to General Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests