Who will win Premier League this season? - 2012/13

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Who will win PL this season? - 2012/13

Man City
36%
Man Utd
27%
Chelsea
14%
Arsenal
9%
West Ham
14%
Other
No votes

Total votes : 22

Who will win Premier League this season? - 2012/13

Postby Hams » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:03 pm

Man City won the title on a dramatic final day last season scoring twice deep in injury time against QPR.

Roberto Mancini has not signed any new players so far this summer to strengthen his squad but there is still time.

Man Utd will be strong contenders again and Fergie has brought in the Japanese play maker Kagawa.

Chelsea start the new season under new boss RDM and have added Eden Hazard and Brazilian Oscar to their ranks.

If Arsenal manage to keep hold of RVP they could be an outside bet following the arrivals of Podolski and Giroud.

Any comments?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Mont » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:58 pm

Hams, have you been voting for West Ham?

Don't get me wrong, I would freaking love to see that...but seriously? :-)
Mont
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Hams » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:44 pm

Mont wrote:Hams, have you been voting for West Ham?

It wasn't me Mont!

I did put them on the poll but not voted for them yet.

We must have some secret Hammers fans on the forum!

I'm pretty sure that Man City will win the title again this season and finish quite a few points above Man Utd this time.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Mont » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:03 pm

Hams wrote:

It wasn't me Mont!

I'm pretty sure that Man City will win the title again this season and finish quite a few points above Man Utd this time.

Totally agree with you there...I reckon Man City will reinforce heavily yet again and end up winning by a comfortable margin. That much money is impossible to compete against, even for Chelsea and Man U.

You never know, maybe the Hammers can bag a Europa League spot this time round!
Mont
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby zerotwo7 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:42 am

Mont wrote:
Hams wrote:

It wasn't me Mont!

Totally agree with you there...I reckon Man City will reinforce heavily yet again and end up winning by a comfortable margin. That much money is impossible to compete against, even for Chelsea and Man U.

You never know, maybe the Hammers can bag a Europa League spot this time round!

Not just because i'm a united fan but i'm going to have to disagree. I think united will win the title back this year, they have been written off so many times after losing the title the year before.

Also remember that city have spent no more than what Chelsea did a few years back and they still managed to claim the title back with all the financial power they had and still have!

City should have ran away with it last year with all the talent they have and i definitely agree that they will have learned a lot from winning the title but i think both Ferguson and the team will want the title back bad and this for me will be the difference and has been so many times before!
zerotwo7
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Bren10 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:59 am

Think it will be another close one next season, Citeh winning in such dramatic fashion may spur Utd on further and if they sign well they will be in a very promising position. As for Citeh, it looks like theyre going to have trouble bringing in who they want as they cant get rid of players who are surplus to requirements, Tevez is still there and he isnt to be relied on all season plus the ACN is on next year so no Yaya for a month.
Only 3 teams can realistically win it and given Chelseas new signings will need time to bed in it may just be a two horse race again.
Bren10

Postby Larry7580 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:57 pm

think it's going to be between Manchester City, Manchester Utd and Chelsea the rest are just to far behind to mount a serious challange although I've got no love for Chelsea, I hope they win the title just to keep things interesting at the top of the premiership.
Larry7580

Postby Gazza-LFC » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:51 pm

Man Utd will win it,they are the only team who can spend nothing and still be as strong as anyone else,they are wounded after last season...Ferguson is unreal for getting the best out of his players and this season will be no different.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Tipster » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:31 pm

Chelsea.

If you look at their record under RDM, it was outstanding. That was with a weaker team. They have spent and spent well.

Man City have become the team to beat, and will get beat.

Man Utd can push for second place.
Tipster
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:32 am

Its odd that Roberto Mancini still hasn't signed any new players yet for Man City in this transfer window.

I guess he thinks he has a good enough squad to win the title again or maybe their Arab owners don't have the money?

I can only see Chelsea being serious contenders to challenge them for the top spot and don't believe Man Utd will even be close this time.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby fakeplastictrees » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:18 am

Man Utd. We rarely go two seasons without winning the title, our midfield is still a bit crap but we only missed out on goal difference last season anyway and Fergie always manages to pull something out for us.

I quite like Arsenal's team this year. Maybe they can take 3rd over one of City, United and Chelsea.
fakeplastictrees
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Fusion » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:02 pm

I believe Chelsea will win the Premier Laegue next season. Thier youthful team will be hungry to prove themseves worthy of their transfer fees and talent. In addition i think they have a lot talent in terms of scoring - a mixture of flair, skill and wide play.
Fusion
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby OWEN_ENG » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:49 pm

My prediction:

RVP will end up staying at Arsenal and will line up with Podolski to deliver the goods for the Gunners.
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:39 pm

It won't be chelsea if they someone making the decisions doesn't grow a pair and put Lampard and Terry on the bench , i'll tell you that. It seems to me they are waiting for Lampard and Terry to tell THEM when they are not good enough start rather than the other way around and that my friends will have the team performing below their squads ability. The Starting line up should as follows Cech, (they need a right back)ferriera, Luiz or Ivanovich, Cahill, Bertrand, Ramirez, Mikel, Mata,E. Hazard,Sturridge and Torres. That is the way forward for me for that club with decent help off the bench from Essien, terry, A.Cole.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hoop45 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:22 pm

If they are firing on all cylinders again, it is hard to look past City. Unrivalled firepower in the final third, and a solid defensive unit marshalled by the sublime Vincent Kompany. Joe Hart provides a more than safe pair of hands while Yaya Toure is such an unstoppable midfield force.

I do think United will be there or thereabouts though. Kagawa should prove to be a very shrewd bit of business and one of Van Persie/Lewandowski should boost their fortunes up front. Will all depend on how they perform at the back one would suspect, De Gea needs to be confident and build on his progression last season and Vidic's fitness will be key.

I expect Chelsea to be much more competitive in the league as well. Like the look of their summer signings, the trio of Hazard, Marin and Oscar should add tons of flair and providing Torres is fit and firing, they should be more than capable of mounting a serious title bid.
Hoop45
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:15 pm

OWEN_ENG wrote:My prediction:

RVP will end up staying at Arsenal and will line up with Podolski to deliver the goods for the Gunners.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby OWEN_ENG » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:17 am

Conner99 wrote:
OWEN_ENG wrote:My prediction:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

bleeping Ferguson...I guess that's that for my prediction...even though it's yet to be finalized...it's surely a done deal. :?
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:57 am

RVP joining Man Utd will really put pressure now on Man City to win the title and make things even more interesting!

Its a shame though if this new season will be dominated only by the Manchester clubs and if none from London can make any impression at the top.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby OWEN_ENG » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:52 pm

Hams wrote:RVP joining Man Utd will really put pressure now on Man City to win the title and make things even more interesting!

Its a shame though if this new season will be dominated only by the Manchester clubs and if none from London can make any impression at the top.

Or Merseyside for that matter....

I know I'll be voting for one of the London clubs for the title this season...
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:19 pm

OWEN_ENG wrote:
Hams wrote:RVP joining Man Utd will really put pressure now on Man City to win the title and make things even more interesting!

Or Merseyside for that matter....

I know I'll be voting for one of the London clubs for the title this season...

Even though I support West Ham I'd rather that Chelsea won the Premier League title than one of the Manc clubs.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League