Everton v Man Utd

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Postby Conner99 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:55 pm

wow ...Everton won...didnt expect that , a quite debut for Robin Van Persie ...makes our draw with Sunderland not seem so bad now .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby OWEN_ENG » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:07 am

probably one of the best games I've seen in some time...I can't remember what was as entertaining last season....oh yes perhaps the Manchester derby where City demolished utd.

Everton were on fire for this game...every player worked his socks off and it was an exciting game from start to finish. Utd had their A game on as well and took it to Everton but I felt they did not test the keeper enough....speaking of hte testing the keeper....De Gea saved Utd on several occasions and Osman I believe had a terrific game with shots hitting the cross bar and also testing the keeper.

Jagielka had an outstanding game for me as did Fellani, Baines, and Coleman.

Well done to Everton...they deserved to win and I was glad Utd didn't steal a point like they normally do in stoppage time.

p/s wish Liverpool had the same killer instinct in our games.
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Bren10 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:54 pm

Pretty poor showing offensively from Utd given the talent on show. Rooney was trying to be too clever rather than simple, Kagawa looked good though and if Cleverly wasnt utter rubbish wouldve had an assist. Looks like Utd will struggle again in midfield, no depth past Carrick and Scholes unless Cleverly and or Anderson step up this season. De Gea carried on from where he left off last season and kept the scoreline down.
Although Utd only had half of their back four available it was up front where they were disappointing but given two of the attack are new perhaps its to be expected. Still think Kagawa, RVP and Rooney are potentially the best attack in the league but they need to click fast if they dont want to be making up too much ground in the league.
Bren10
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:01 pm

another victory for the 'park the bus' style that is surely now hand in hand with British play.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:05 pm

OWEN_ENG wrote:probably one of the best games I've seen in some time...I can't remember what was as entertaining last season....oh yes perhaps the Manchester derby where City demolished utd.

Everton were on fire for this game...every player worked his socks off and it was an exciting game from start to finish. Utd had their A game on as well and took it to Everton but I felt they did not test the keeper enough....speaking of hte testing the keeper....De Gea saved Utd on several occasions and Osman I believe had a terrific game with shots hitting the cross bar and also testing the keeper.

Jagielka had an outstanding game for me as did Fellani, Baines, and Coleman.

Well done to Everton...they deserved to win and I was glad Utd didn't steal a point like they normally do in stoppage time.

p/s wish Liverpool had the same killer instinct in our games.

MAte Baines was rubbish and Coleman came on a a late sub ffs. How are you giving them more credit than Distin or Osman who was by far superior? IF Baines was a target for man u ,then this game did him no favours . He had absolutely no joy down that wing. I think he troubled the aging Evra once early in the game form what i remember and he had his free kick deflected ON TARGET by a man u player. Not only that Osman was a constant threat hitting the woodwork and forcing a fantastic save from Degae. Very warped assessment of player performance indeed.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:12 pm

Steely Hill wrote:another victory for the 'park the bus' style that is surely now hand in hand with British play.

Park the Bus? What are you on about?
How many times did Everton hit the woodwork? They were leading Man u in corners for most of the game, they played to their ability to perfection. They attacked early got a lead and protected it . I don't know who many times Arsenal had a lead and never did that only having it cost them in the end.
They parked the bus mid way through the second half ,because they had a result to protect ,i don;t what you expect from a club who have struggled with bad starts to the season for years. I think you and Fergie are asking a bit too much mate.

OH yeah ,notably mention goes to Neville for a good performance as a holding mid. NOt a fan of the man in any shape or from but he made some very important decisions.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Previous

Return to Barclays Premier League