Real Madrid v Man City - 18th September

Real Madrid won the CL last season, Will the likes of Ronaldo,Bale and James be able to do it again or will Bayern or Barcelona be able to stop them?

Moderator: Moderators

Postby movitom » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:07 am

This is a interest match.
The resul was expressed right happening.
Tomorrow, My Barca will join thier first match in Champion League.
I hope they win the match! :evil:
Who is Barca' fan? Are you want that resul?
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
movitom
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Hams » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:50 am

Some stats from last nights match.

Possession - Real Madrid 56% Man City 44%

Shots on target - Real Madrid 17 Man City 5

Shots wide - Real Madrid 13 Man City 3

Fouls - Real Madrid 9 Man City 10

Offside - Real Madrid 0 Man City 3
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:52 am

I was surprised that Mourinho dropped Sergio Ramos from Real Madrid's team last night!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Bren10 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:07 am

Allegedly he is a fall guy for Saturdays performance, he also took part in a publicity event with a couple of the Spanish lads the day before the game which Mourinho was less than impressed with. Throws a bit more fuel on the flames of a Spanish-Portugese divide in the dressing room as Pepe was hardly at his best Saturday. Interesting to see how much longer Mourinho lasts in Madrid.
Bren10
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:29 am

fakeplastictrees wrote:Toure goes missing for about 20 minutes at a time inbetween his bursting runs, it's a major hole is his play that he doesn't dominate games because he's always going missing for large parts of them.

The other problem with Toure is that while his finishing, strength and speed are of course excellent his final ball is poor, so he so often finds himself in great positions because of his positive attributes but either plays a poor ball or makes the wrong decision at the key time. This came up a lot today.

Of course all action fans of players like Lampard and Gerrard lap it all up but for a player who plays in the most influential position for City in a creative sense Toure isn't a particularly creative player.

If only you could mix Silva's brain and technique with Toure's physique.

I guess someone hasn't been watching a lot of man city since ya ya has been at the team ,because without question he has been City's best player since that time. The change in tactics this season and last has him playing in a more defensive role because of the addition of new players. SInce that time in many games those players have struggled and and Yaya has been less of an impact than the season's before the change where he was city's lifesaver. When he got the ball in this game he was again effective ,but as i said and as the commentator said they never got him the ball enough. Watch the game again and it will probably sink. Whereas your boy Ronaldo was absolutely missing in action for a large part of that game and once man city finally understood that putting the Gareth Bale abused Maicon up against him was a bad idea, Ronaldo became less effective.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Almeida » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:06 pm

specnur wrote:crazy end to this game ,enthralling stuff!
Ronaldo came out on fire against the aging Maicon Joe Hart kept MAn city alive in that first half that's for sure.BUt Ronaldos started to look a bot one dimensional in his attack run down the left cut onto the right and that was it. He completely disappeared until about the winner. Best player in the world? my *ss ,but you got to respect the goal with help from Kompany.
I think man city have to look at this tape and think about what might have happened if they attacked from the start ,because every time they attacked they gave Real madrid trouble. I said it long before the media took any notice ,but Ya YA toure is the DON of that team ,simple as that. NOt his best game as man city didn't utilize the [;ayer enough ,but once he got on that ball he
made Silva look like the overrated player i have always said he was. The Spaniard was crap out there for me i'm sorry ,never troubled Real an any way. Tevez should have been subbed early in the second half ,just didn't do enough and i really don;t think he's a team player. Passing to him is criminal and i could count untold times where he would not pass that ball to Toure when he was open. I would have liked to have seen Balotelli on that pitch for the sole reason that he can hold the ball up with his back to the goal and create chances for on rushing players like your SIlva or Tevez ,without that those players lacked any dimension. Anyway tough loss for MAn city credit real madrid for answering every time they were forced to.They can at least put one notch on their belt for finally beating a premiership team over the last 8 years or so. :D

so, spurs werent a prem team then? :lol:
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby fakeplastictrees » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:54 pm

specnur wrote:
fakeplastictrees wrote:Toure goes missing for about 20 minutes at a time inbetween his bursting runs, it's a major hole is his play that he doesn't dominate games because he's always going missing for large parts of them.

The other problem with Toure is that while his finishing, strength and speed are of course excellent his final ball is poor, so he so often finds himself in great positions because of his positive attributes but either plays a poor ball or makes the wrong decision at the key time. This came up a lot today.

Of course all action fans of players like Lampard and Gerrard lap it all up but for a player who plays in the most influential position for City in a creative sense Toure isn't a particularly creative player.

I guess someone hasn't been watching a lot of man city since ya ya has been at the team ,because without question he has been City's best player since that time. The change in tactics this season and last has him playing in a more defensive role because of the addition of new players. SInce that time in many games those players have struggled and and Yaya has been less of an impact than the season's before the change where he was city's lifesaver. When he got the ball in this game he was again effective ,but as i said and as the commentator said they never got him the ball enough. Watch the game again and it will probably sink. Whereas your boy Ronaldo was absolutely missing in action for a large part of that game and once man city finally understood that putting the Gareth Bale abused Maicon up against him was a bad idea, Ronaldo became less effective.

My God you are an idiot.

I'm not even a massive Ronaldo fan, I just accept like everyone else that he is the second best player in the world (and no, Drogba is not first, in fact there isn't even a black people in the top five which I'm sure upsets you greatly.)
fakeplastictrees
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby tdv123 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:02 pm

fakeplastictrees wrote:
specnur wrote:

My God you are an idiot.

I'm not even a massive Ronaldo fan, I just accept like everyone else that he is the second best player in the world (and no, Drogba is not first, in fact there isn't even a black people in the top five which I'm sure upsets you greatly.)

No, this man is a genius.

He's invented the worlds first foolproof betting system. All you have to do is bet exactly against what he says to do & what will happen & you are a guaranteed millionaire over night.

Treasure this man while you can, there will never be another like him in our lifetime.
tdv123
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby eaman » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:11 pm

better team definately won. dominated most of the game and had most chances. hart was citys best player with toure a close second. specnur thats not fair what your saying about silva. himself and toure were both the main reason city won the league. without either they wouldnt have won it. yes he wasnt great last night but hes going through a slump that since maybe march this year. remember he also had a bad euro 2012. and specnur lay off ronaldo. i thought he played well last night. anyway the best and most entertaining team won
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:38 pm

fakeplastictrees wrote:
specnur wrote:

My God you are an idiot.

This right here says it all i think ,my work is done!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby eaman » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:57 pm

better team definately won. dominated most of the game and had most chances. hart was citys best player with toure a close second. specnur thats not fair what your saying about silva. himself and toure were both the main reason city won the league. without either they wouldnt have won it. yes he wasnt great last night but hes going through a slump that since maybe march this year. remember he also had a bad euro 2012. and specnur lay off ronaldo. i thought he played well last night. anyway the best and most entertaining team won
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League