Poland v England - 16th October

Join us here to discuss all of England's internationals plus Copa Libertadores,African Nations cup etc

Moderator: Moderators

Poland v England - 16th October

Postby Hams » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:11 pm

Roy Hodgson is expected to make several changes to the line up for Tuesday nights match against Poland.

Steven Gerrard,Glen Johnson,Ashley Cole,Joleen Lescott,Jermaine Defoe and James Millner are also expected to start.

Likely line up

............................Hart......................................

Johnson....Lescott.............Cahill.....................Cole

Millner............Gerrard...............Cleverley.........Lennon

.......................Rooney..........Defoe.........................

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Almeida » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:27 pm

i'm definitely going to tune in to this game. it's gonna be an interesting and tense match.

england is the favorite, of course, and they cant afford to lose some points again as it's already happend with ukrain at wembley. but poland can take a punch as they demonstrated it on the euro. above and beyond they have levandovsky and pishek who've been tearing apart mancitry's defense recently )))) and so specnur will get yet another opportunity to compare them with ronaldo and ozil :lol:
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Bren10 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:01 pm

Should be a routine game, Poland are missing a couple of players from an already weak side. That said you just never know with England as the Ukraine game showed most recently. Weve been handed a chance to make this group less complicated than weve made it with Ukraine dropping points to Moldova so I hope we restore some "order".
With Defoe on form I hope he gets some support from our attack but with Milner allgedly set to get the nod ahead of Lennon our attack maybe stunted.
England to win 2-0, hopefully. :D
Bren10

Postby Almeida » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:33 pm

i liked how welback shoved that backhill ball again. it must be a well-rehearsed combination move at england! :D
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hektorek » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:35 pm

I got the ticket! :)

It will be very interesting game for us because our new coach Waldemar Fornalik decided to take a several decent young players along for the games against RSA and right England. And they play, don't ony sit on the bench. I'm impressed by midfielder Wszolek and striker Milik. Currently in this season they are top players of our league and months ago no one knew them. It will be great to see them competeing against such players as Rooney or Gerard that so far they had a contact with them just on PlayStation.

Our national team looks very interesting at the moment but it's still in the building proccess. I predict 1:2 for England.
Hektorek
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Tipster » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:11 pm

Poland had a decent Euro, and with being at home, they can give England a real challenge.

Unfortunately for them, I can only see a fairly easy England win here. 3-1 to England.

GERRARD, and DEFOE best for England, with Oxlade Chamberlain proving why he should remain in the squad. That's if he gets ahead of Lennon, who is also good too. Looking for a barnstorming performance from Glen Johnson at right back.
Tipster
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:02 pm

Match abandoned due to the rain!

The game will now take place on Wednesday at 4pm.

Why wasn't the roof closed? - Surely they knew before that the weather was going to be bad?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:10 pm

What a joke!

I can't see the game now tomorrow as I'm busy.

Polish Football Federation out!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby feebleone234 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:27 pm

i think the people how run that stadium should now get a enormous fine or be docked points for that game to be EVENTUALLY posponed is a farce in a modern stadium with a roof that wasn't used is a disgrace yes they may have wanted an advantage with a wet pitch BUT that could have been done with sprinklers or however they water their pitch prior to the game & lets not forget thoose fans in the stadium who have been told next to nothing!! Yes there's big money swirlng round in football because of tv rights but without the fans fans the game dies very quickly,& if i'd have been there tonite i'd say loudly you can shove it im not paying big money for you to treat me like that SORRY FOR THE BIG RANT as a newbie but I think maybee they take us fans for mugs sometimes
feebleone234
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Hektorek » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:12 am

Hams wrote:Polish Football Federation out!

I like it!

Our association is a bad joke. It took for the majority of fans to spend a several hours in their cars to come to Warsaw and see the game. They also bought expensive tickets (before our current association they were much cheaper). And what? Why didn't they decide to close the roof? Why was it closed in June when we played against Greece and hot temperature with no rain? It's a shame and totallu not understandable for me. This month we have new voting to our association and I really hope this cricus will end.
Hektorek
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:25 am

feebleone234 wrote:i think the people how run that stadium should now get a enormous fine or be docked points for that game to be EVENTUALLY posponed is a farce in a modern stadium with a roof that wasn't used is a disgrace yes they may have wanted an advantage with a wet pitch BUT that could have been done with sprinklers or however they water their pitch prior to the game & lets not forget thoose fans in the stadium who have been told next to nothing!! Yes there's big money swirlng round in football because of tv rights but without the fans fans the game dies very quickly,& if i'd have been there tonite i'd say loudly you can shove it im not paying big money for you to treat me like that SORRY FOR THE BIG RANT as a newbie but I think maybee they take us fans for mugs sometimes

Welcome to the forum feebleone and don't worry about the rant.
I feel very sorry for our wonderful 2,500 England fans who had traveled over there to watch the game.
I hope that the English FA will do something about giving compensation to those supporters who had to come back home.
The Polish knew it was going to be raining on Tuesday and should have had that roof closed well before the kick off.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:30 am

Hektorek wrote:

I like it!

Our association is a bad joke. It took for the majority of fans to spend a several hours in their cars to come to Warsaw and see the game. They also bought expensive tickets (before our current association they were much cheaper). And what? Why didn't they decide to close the roof? Why was it closed in June when we played against Greece and hot temperature with no rain? It's a shame and totallu not understandable for me. This month we have new voting to our association and I really hope this cricus will end.

Will you still be able to go to the stadium to see the game this afternoon?

I will only be able to watch the 1st half on TV as I have to go out for an important meeting.

Water nightmare :cry:
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hektorek » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:26 am

Hams wrote:
Hektorek wrote:

I like it!

Will you still be able to go to the stadium to see the game this afternoon?

I will only be able to watch the 1st half on TV as I have to go out for an important meeting.

Water nightmare :cry:

Yes, I decided to stay in Warsaw a couple of hours longer.

What about English fans? Have all of them gone back to England? I must say that many of them came to Poland.

Yesterday it was a great show. Our fans showed football association again what they think about them and changes must come. There's no point in keeping current situation up. The stadium management wanted to close the roof and they were to do it before the raining as they knew the forecats, but it wasn't done on special football association's demand. And that's confirmed official reason of yesterday's events.
Hektorek
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:42 pm

Line ups

Poland:
Tyton, Piszczek, Wasilewski, Glik, Wawrzyniak, Polanski, Grosicki, Kryshowiak, Wszolek, Obraniak, Lewandowski

England:
Hart, Johnson, Cole, Lescott, Jagielka, Gerrard, Carrick, Milner, Cleverley, Rooney, Defoe

I have to go out now so will have to watch the highlights this evening if there are any on ITV.

FFS!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:44 pm

2 boring teams and one very boring game..

Why is Tom Cleverley an England player by the way,does anyone else see something different to what i do,as what i see is one very average footballer...but then again England are average so he fits in...but i see nothing about him whatsoever.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Almeida » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:19 pm

Poland 1-1 England

well, as i said, poland can take a punch... they were the better side in the second half and deservedly scored the equalizer.

what surprised me though was how slow was the pace of the game in the first half... fortunately, the poles got fired up in the second one and made the game more interesting to watch. otherwise, it would have been quite boring...

there was nothing to prevent england from grabbing all three points from this, so they have no-one to blame but themselves. and i dont agree with shearer who said after the game that he accepts poland being a tough place to go, but doesnt think it's a good team. NO. poland are a good strong team of the avarage level. what else did he expect? there are simply no teams in europe nowadays which can be outplayed without any effort, barring the dwarfs like san-marino.

all in all, the situation in the group has become a little complicated and unpredictable which makes it even more interesting...
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:58 pm

I haven't seen the game yet but when I was out I heard England
were 1-0 up at half time through Rooney and I thought we would go on to win it.

It sounds like Poland played well today and we were very poor and lucky to get a draw.

I wonder though if the delay in this game kicking off a day late due to the rain ended up doing our side the most damage?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:15 am

Gazza-LFC wrote:2 boring teams and one very boring game..

Why is Tom Cleverley an England player by the way,does anyone else see something different to what i do,as what i see is one very average footballer...but then again England are average so he fits in...but i see nothing about him whatsoever.

I am with 100% on that!
But you know what ,what did Gerrard and Carrick do in this game worth that justifies their inclusion?
When you had the starting mid field of that players like Defoe and Rooney just won't get any service and that was the case!
Poland had no one to trouble the players available to England ,it's as simple as that. The problem is when you Bring Ox on with the likes of Carrick and Gerrard he is pretty much insignificant because he works best with players of similar speed of thought and movement as he has. Those guys that started this game just clogged down the natural flow of how England are evolved into today.
Where was Lennon ,where was Adam Johnson? With them two on the wing and Ox in the middle you have counter attacking speed that the likes of Poland just can't live with for 90 minutes. Yet Hodgson wants to lumber us with sloth-like "experience"!
I'm absolutely sick of it !
Flipping Poland, the only thing they qualified for in the last 50 years was the Euro's because they were hosting ffs!
BIg game my *ss ,this should have been a routine 3-0 win against a team that would have put up a fight for 60minutes until they eventually unravel through fatigue of keeping up with our superior speed and pressure.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Almeida » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:31 am

poland qualified to the world cup 2002, spec...) though it doesnt mean anything nowadays. what does count is that they have that borussia trio who ARE very good players, whether you like it or not. i hear Piszczek (i'm sorry for mispelling his name before) has come in sight of real madrid who seem to be willing to buy him from borussia. that's how he's good. do the current england squad have the players that real madrid would like to buy?
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hektorek » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:07 pm

specnur wrote:Flipping Poland, the only thing they qualified for in the last 50 years was the Euro's because they were hosting ffs!

Drank too much last night after a poor performance from your guys? Remember, I'm still on here. :lol:

For those 50 years we qualified to World Cups: 1974 (3rd place and the best scorer), 78, 82 (again 3rd place), 86, 2002 and 2006. We also took part in Euro 2008 and Euro 2012, which you've already mentioned. In addition we were Olympic champions in 1972 and vice-champions in 1992. Did you play in WC 74? Nope, because we knocked you out due to the victory in Chorzow 2:0 and then draw 1:1 at Wembley.

If you want it or not, but we have similar achievements. We took twice 3rd place at World Cup, became Olympic champions and vice-champions. You have been the World Champions in 1966 after not fair goal in the final against Germany. Any other great performances?
Hektorek
Young Pro
Young Pro

Next

Return to International football