Racism in Football

This is where you can tell us all your general football views either domestic or international.

Moderators: Big Jono, Moderators

Racism in Football

Postby Hams » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:35 pm

England's Black players suffered a night of shameful racist abuse during their 1-0 win in Serbia.

The FA have already reported them to UEFA and we deserve credit for being able to complete the game under such provocation

Our under 21 heroes were kicked all night,spat on,had objects thrown at them and suffered constant monkey chanting.

Its time these animals were banned from international football as this is not the first time they have caused trouble.

Any comments?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Bren10 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:24 am

Cant believe the scenes at the end of this game, they need banning from internationals no fine is going to solve this problem.
Bren10

Postby Hams » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:29 am

Serbia have been charged with racist chanting but its
Incredible to hear yesterday that UEFA have also charged England with failing to control their players!

I think we should refuse to play in this country the next time we are drawn against them.

Any more comments on this incident?

Its a shame as we should really be celebrating our under 21's qualifying for the finals in Israel next year.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:18 pm

i dont know of this issue, but pleased to inform you that russia have also qualified to this u-21 euro :lol:
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Bren10 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:21 pm

Im not quite sure what our players did wrong apart from Rose kicking the ball into the crowd, which is pretty restrained given the abuse from the stands.
I cant believe we are being charged with anything from what ive seen footage wise, maybe something happened behind the scenes?
Will be interesting to see what the punishments will be concerning the charges, we will probably get a 100k fine whilst Serbia pay a couple of grand and get told not to be naughty again for the 10th time.
Bren10

Postby Darren M » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:06 pm

It was shameful from Serbian fans and from their FA afterwards. However if we are putting our faith in the spineless organisations of FIFA and UEFA to deal with it we will be disappointed. Only a ban from competing will have any impact.
Darren M
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby specnur » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:11 pm

I'm just seeing images of this issue and i'll tell you what, some of what i have seen is absolutely disgusting.
I didn't expect anything else from Serbia to be honest ,but players kicking England team officials ,Serbian Coaches head butting
England Technical staff along with the racial abuse has really forced Eufa's hand now.
In fact i blame Eufa for this type of behaviour in the first place, because if they had taken a serious stand against it years ago then we wouldn't be subjected to this. They are nothing but racist enablers as far as i am concerned ,and this has to be a turning point in this issue.
For me financial punishment is nowhere near enough ,playing behind closed doors for a couple of games is an absolute insult. They entire country football wise should be banned for at least 5 years!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby davorinho » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:22 am

davorinho
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby specnur » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:14 pm

The silence here is deafening! :lol:

One of the most visually disturbing scenes concerning your own team ,with both black and white England players and staff suffering physical and verbal abuse of an extreme nature and we got about a handful of responses to this thread. I find that disappointing to say the least ,not that i want or expect anyone to get behind the anti-racism campaign ,but the apathy which exists in society in general that allows this sort of thing to exist in the first place. We saw England staff getting head butted ,kicked and missiles thrown at and many have nothing to say. Incredible!

Anyway i think the proposed boycott by black players of the anti racism campaign in the uk is ok IF they are angry about the lack of vigor in which the English FA have demanded action form Eufa or fifa in the past on the issue. If that is the case then i 100% agree with the boycott ,because it is indeed a sham. If that is not their issue then i cannot agree with it at all.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Bren10 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:54 pm

The boycott is concerning the John Terry case and it only looks like Roberts and the Ferdinands at the minute.
Think its a good idea but would rather see them all do it regardless of race, the racism issue should be worrying to all not just black players.
As for UEFA im just speechless at the response so far, also the Serbs claiming nothing wrong was done on their part is worrying given the video evidence. Will see if the big names of UEFAs respect campaign come out and have the same ideas about endorsement.
May be wrong and they might be charging everyone until evidence is reviewed but I genuinely have no faith in this lot taking the appropriate action, we need bans not fines and im not sure UEFA has the balls.
Bren10

Postby Darren M » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:14 pm

More needs to be done to bring the FA, UEFA and FIFA to task over their appalling stewardship of football.
Lazio £32k fine for fans racist behaviour. SPINELESS UEFA
John Terry 4 game ban SPINELESS FA

and FIFA are the worst. Kick it out should be aimed at the leaders of these organisations then something might get done.
Darren M
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby BMJ » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:18 am

This constant pontificating and lecturing from England is getting a little bit too much.
BMJ
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:28 am

BMJ wrote:This constant pontificating and lecturing from England is getting a little bit too much.

So its acceptable then is it for our Black players to be constantly abused when they play in Eastern Europe?

If that happened to me I would just walk off the pitch and refuse to play and if it meant the game was abandoned then so be it.

This topic is about the shameful abuse England's black players suffered in Serbia and not anything to do with Terry or Suarez.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby davorinho » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:11 am

Guess Serbia's tactics was try to win but if you cannot then try to have your satisfaction in other way.. It is pitiful really, although the team are all kids basically so their "boiled heads" attitude should not be taken so seriously, but the crowd cheering and supporting the fight and everyone else... that's another story. Would say at least playing on an empty stadium for the rest of the qualifiers should be appropriate penalty. Their media denying the incident is scary really.

All of these players will one day be looking to sell themselves in a more quality league and they will find out that racism will bring them no good in that effort. It will shut all the doors. But people that visit stadiums in Serbia will surely remain in their deprivated state of mind regarding any different players, cultures ethnicities and color of skin. Take Kosovo for example. Not in a million years will they recognize them.

Maybe I am not being objective because of Croatian-Serbian rivalry and horrible mutual history but most of the sportmen Serbs me and you know about have made their success stories outside their country.
davorinho
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby specnur » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:32 pm

Bren10 wrote:The boycott is concerning the John Terry case and it only looks like Roberts and the Ferdinands at the minute.
Think its a good idea but would rather see them all do it regardless of race, the racism issue should be worrying to all not just black players.
As for UEFA im just speechless at the response so far, also the Serbs claiming nothing wrong was done on their part is worrying given the video evidence. Will see if the big names of UEFAs respect campaign come out and have the same ideas about endorsement.
May be wrong and they might be charging everyone until evidence is reviewed but I genuinely have no faith in this lot taking the appropriate action, we need bans not fines and im not sure UEFA has the balls.

Where did you see this confirmed Bren ,of the sky reports i have seen with the interview with Roberts he didn't say that!
If it was it's wrong in my opinion. If their issue is with the punishment Terry got then 1/4 of a millions is a pretty good one compared to what Fifa and Eufa hand out. I can't see any other reason for them to be boycotting but for the lack of intensity the FA have put on those european governing bodies in eradicating this problem.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Bren10 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:37 pm

specnur wrote:
Bren10 wrote:The boycott is concerning the John Terry case and it only looks like Roberts and the Ferdinands at the minute.

Where did you see this confirmed Bren ,of the sky reports i have seen with the interview with Roberts he didn't say that!
If it was it's wrong in my opinion. If their issue is with the punishment Terry got then 1/4 of a millions is a pretty good one compared to what Fifa and Eufa hand out. I can't see any other reason for them to be boycotting but for the lack of intensity the FA have put on those european governing bodies in eradicating this problem.

There you go mate:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11673/8176176/Reading-striker-Jason-Roberts-to-snub-Kick-It-Out-over-John-Terry-case
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2219610/Jason-Roberts-boycott-Kick-It-Out-t-shirt.html

I dont think Chelseas perceived lack of action has helped but im not sure the FA could do more than they did.
Bren10

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:07 pm

specnur wrote:The silence here is deafening! :lol:

One of the most visually disturbing scenes concerning your own team ,with both black and white England players and staff suffering physical and verbal abuse of an extreme nature and we got about a handful of responses to this thread. I find that disappointing to say the least ,not that i want or expect anyone to get behind the anti-racism campaign ,but the apathy which exists in society in general that allows this sort of thing to exist in the first place. We saw England staff getting head butted ,kicked and missiles thrown at and many have nothing to say. Incredible!

it's a fair observation but, for the record, i am waiting for the response from the authorities before i enter the debate.

that our players have been racially abused by Serbians is hardly a shocker but i am rather interested to see how this is played by UEFA.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:07 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
specnur wrote:The silence here is deafening! :lol:

it's a fair observation but, for the record, i am waiting for the response from the authorities before i enter the debate.

that our players have been racially abused by Serbians is hardly a shocker but i am rather interested to see how this is played by UEFA.

The thing is though old chap. I know the way things are over there and to me the fact that what we saw was not just the racial abuse ,but a physical attack on native Englishmen. Those getting head butted and kicked off the pitch. I think that would make the outrage 10 times more intense based on seeing that!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Big Jono » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:10 pm

Personally, I havent said anything in this thread so far because I am a raving hardcore racist. ;)
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:10 pm

Bren10 wrote:
specnur wrote:

There you go mate:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11673/8176176/Reading-striker-Jason-Roberts-to-snub-Kick-It-Out-over-John-Terry-case
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2219610/Jason-Roberts-boycott-Kick-It-Out-t-shirt.html

I dont think Chelseas perceived lack of action has helped but im not sure the FA could do more than they did.

Cheers!

I think Roberts issue is basically the accumulation of incidents and the lack of punishment he see's in those. If i were him i would focus his intensity on the FA and their soft approach to protecting their players in Europe. I would hold the FA accountable for the treatement of Rose , if their lack of action for past incidents enabled it to happen this time.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Next

Return to General Football