Chelsea v Man Utd

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Chelsea v Man Utd

Postby Conner99 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:02 pm

Chelsea continued to be the team to beat this season as they ran out 4-2 winners against Tottenham at White Hart Lane , despite going behind early in the second half..two goals in 3 mins midway through the second half and a 90th minute goal wrapped up the game for the Blues .

Man Utd did their best to keep up with Chelsea in the table with a 4-2 win themselves against Stoke at Old Trafford ...it was Rooney who finished any resistence from Stoke with the 4th for Man Utd ...he had given Stoke an early lead with an own goal but then scored the equaliser to make it 1-1 . The result sees Man Utd remain 4 pts behind Chelsea
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby lincoln50 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:35 am

This should be a cracker United can not let Chelsea get 7 points clear and I do not expect them to.

Chelsea 2 Man Utd 3
lincoln50
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby BluesBoy13 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:53 am

Chelsea are the best team in the world. Reigning European Champions, FA cup champions, unbeaten in so far in the most competitive league in the world. If you ask me, a Chelsea fan, with the from Juan Mata is in nobody can beat Chelsea at the moment (lets forget about that recent Champions League loss). United's defense just doesn't have what it takes anymore, I mean come on they let Kightly take the ball through half of their defense and score last week against Stoke. Spurs beat United, Chelsea beat Spurs, and Chelsea will also beat United. 2-1 is my prediction and the only reason I give the one is because I think Mr. Arsenal will score. Its just a fact that nobody can compete with Chelsea's midfield, Juan Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Ramires (or should I say Usaine Bolt) and Mikel. I think United is good, but not that good.
BluesBoy13
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Hams » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:14 am

Welcome to the forum BluesBoy13.

Chelsea have been the best team in the Premier League so far this season with Juan Mata the best player in my view.

I think they will just have enough to beat Man Utd but it will be a close game and we shouldn't ever dismiss Fergie's side.

Chelsea 1-0 Man Utd

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby BluesBoy13 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:45 pm

I like to have a place to talk soccer/football, sorry I'm American. Not too many people watch around where I live have the same passion for the sport. I actually do know a whole lot about football, because my weekends are dedicated to playing or waking up early and watching. Since the time difference some of the games come on at like 7:30 in the morning. I love Chelsea, probably since like 2007, and the last time I cried was after Drogba scored against Bayern in regulation (at that point I knew they would win).

Sorry to get off topic. I think the score will be 2-1 just because I don't think that Chelsea can hold off United for a whole game. Im guessing it will be a rather meaningless goal in the later parts of the game. I think that United are good, but as a Chelsea fan I don't see any way Chelsea's midfield can't produce at least 2 goals against United's declining defense.

Hope you all enjoy the game this weekend!
BluesBoy13
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Hams » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:32 am

Did you know that Man United have won just one of the last 12 trips to Stamford Bridge in all competitions.

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby prideoflondon88 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:08 pm

BluesBoy13 wrote:Chelsea are the best team in the world. Reigning European Champions, FA cup champions, unbeaten in so far in the most competitive league in the world. If you ask me, a Chelsea fan, with the from Juan Mata is in nobody can beat Chelsea at the moment (lets forget about that recent Champions League loss). United's defense just doesn't have what it takes anymore, I mean come on they let Kightly take the ball through half of their defense and score last week against Stoke. Spurs beat United, Chelsea beat Spurs, and Chelsea will also beat United. 2-1 is my prediction and the only reason I give the one is because I think Mr. Arsenal will score. Its just a fact that nobody can compete with Chelsea's midfield, Juan Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Ramires (or should I say Usaine Bolt) and Mikel. I think United is good, but not that good.

Well Chelsea looked anything but European champions against Shakhtar & Atletico Madrid, two teams similar to Man Utd attacking wise, so i don't think it 'll be as straightforward as you think it will be.. The fact remains that Chelsea are very much a team in transition, they haven't yet found that solidity at the back to go with their flair up front & SAF has made a career out of exploiting any weaknesses of the opposition ..my prediction 1-1 or 1-2
prideoflondon88
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby BluesBoy13 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:31 pm

No offense meant by this, but you are just wrong about Chelsea not having a solid defense. The least goals allowed in the league, and holding off Barcelona for over a half with only 10 men. Maybe the only part of the roster that could use a little boost is the striker position, but personally I don't mind Torres. I also prefer the defense without John Terry back there, and I do believe he played in both of their most recent losses. So honestly if Chelsea don't have John Terry in the back, which they won't on Sunday because he's suspended, they have one if not the best defense in the league. Tell me what you think about my opinions, because obviously nobody agrees on everything. Thanks!
BluesBoy13
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Hams » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:27 pm

Line ups

Chelsea:
Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz, Cole; Mikel, Ramires, Hazard, Mata, Oscar; Torres.

Subs: Turnbull, Azpilicueta, Bertrand, Romeu, Marin, Moses, Sturridge.

Man Utd
De Gea; Rafael, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley, Young; Rooney; van Persie.

Subs: Lindegaard, Anderson, Giggs, Hernandez, Nani, Welbeck, Scholes.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:16 pm

What a start for Man Utd who are now 2-0 up at Chelsea after just 12 mins!

David Luiz OG 4'

RVP 12'
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby OWEN_ENG » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:18 pm

Bleeping rvp....thats two for utd...come on chelsea!
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby OWEN_ENG » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:36 pm

Chelsea are being outplayed bc they continue to attack through the middle...Utd have studied them well it seems...oh how Chelsea wish they still had Drogba
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:50 pm

HT

Chelsea 1-2 Man Utd

Juan Mata got the Blues back into it with a lovely free kick just before the break on 44 minutes.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:02 pm

Result

Sunday 28th October

Chelsea 2-3 Man Utd
0-1 David Luiz 4’ (o.g.)
0-2 van Persie 12’
1-2 Mata 44’
2-2 Ramires 53'
2-3 Hernandez 75'

Sent Off - Ivanovic - 63' Torres - 68'

How unlucky were Chelsea today!

They fought back to draw level at 2-2 then referee Mark Clattenburg sends off Ivanovic
which was justified and next Torres for simulation which I didn't think was as he was caught by Evans
then Hernandez scores the winner from a clear off side position and Man Utd go on to win the game 3-2!

Any comments on todays game? - Was the referee the reason for Man Utds victory at Stamford Bridge today?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby OWEN_ENG » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:06 pm

Un-f'n believable...you know the league makes stories(legit or not) about racism, and diving to new heights yet there is limited(if any) responsibility and disciplinary action for poor refereeing...it's not unreasonable to say both games today were ruined by poor officiated more so the latter than the former.

Two red cards in the Chelsea game was uncalled for...the first perhaps was legit and reasonable...but the second was flat out ridiculous! Torres never dived in that instance and the red card was just another example for me how Utd get things their way...not to mention the offside goal that was not called against Hernandez...yet Suarez who was clearly on side was disallowed...Rooney should have seen a second yellow as well and subsequently dismissed but off course that didn't happen.

You can chalk it up to the linesman and the ref didn't see it but the reality is the refereeing is killing the game....surely the diving and racism isn't helping but on arguably one of the biggest matches played in the league to see a player sent off for no reason and an offside goal allowed surely it takes everything away from the game.
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby BMJ » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:20 pm

OWEN_ENG wrote:Un-f'n believable...you know the league makes stories(legit or not) about racism, and diving to new heights yet there is limited(if any) responsibility and disciplinary action for poor refereeing...it's not unreasonable to say both games today were ruined by poor officiated more so the latter than the former.

Two red cards in the Chelsea game was uncalled for...the first perhaps was legit and reasonable...but the second was flat out ridiculous! Torres never dived in that instance and the red card was just another example for me how Utd get things their way...not to mention the offside goal that was not called against Hernandez...yet Suarez who was clearly on side was disallowed...Rooney should have seen a second yellow as well and subsequently dismissed but off course that didn't happen.

You can chalk it up to the linesman and the ref didn't see it but the reality is the refereeing is killing the game....surely the diving and racism isn't helping but on arguably one of the biggest matches played in the league to see a player sent off for no reason and an offside goal allowed surely it takes everything away from the game.

So I presume you saw the incident a number of times and you're still not sure? What does "perhaps was legit and reasonable" mean?

If players want to dive then fine, but when it doesn't come off they only have themselves to blame.

Sure Torres didn't dive on this occasion but he has dived many times before. No sympathy for him what so ever.

This problem wouldn't exist if players in the modern game didn't try to deceive the referee every f'n time.
BMJ
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby BluesBoy13 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:42 pm

Drogba thinks this game was a f***ing disgrace, lol. But it truly was disgraceful, and my heart also goes out to liverpool fans. Chicharito was off, torres didn't dive he got studded in the ankle, and Chelsea at that point had all momentum stripped away. But we must be honorable in the face of adversity. So United fans... "Good game".
BluesBoy13
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Gazza-LFC » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:20 am

Not to mention their first goal and the amount of luck involved,how many times have we hit the woodwork and got nothing,United on the other hand hit the post and it comes back hits Luiz and goes in..
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby BluesBoy13 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:58 am

My problem is not with the result, because putting the score aside, Chelsea dominated United for the better part of the game and showed why they are are in first (and still are regardless of the outcome). My problem is with the terrible officiating involved in the result, and then the Manchester United fans that actually think they deserved the win. I know it wasn't the United players fault, but at least recognize the fact that you got away with one, and don't brag about a victory you didn't deserve.
BluesBoy13
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby OWEN_ENG » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:28 am

BMJ wrote:
OWEN_ENG wrote:Un-f'n believable...you know the league makes stories(legit or not) about racism, and diving to new heights yet there is limited(if any) responsibility and disciplinary action for poor refereeing...it's not unreasonable to say both games today were ruined by poor officiated more so the latter than the former.

So I presume you saw the incident a number of times and you're still not sure? What does "perhaps was legit and reasonable" mean?

If players want to dive then fine, but when it doesn't come off they only have themselves to blame.

Sure Torres didn't dive on this occasion but he has dived many times before. No sympathy for him what so ever.

This problem wouldn't exist if players in the modern game didn't try to deceive the referee every f'n time.

It means the red card for Ivanovic was likely warranted.

Let's call a spade a spade...the referee's poor officiating changed this game on more than one occasion...and quite frankly it is disgraceful to watch some of the premier leagues best teams go at it and have the match end the way it did...

The problem is not just the red card issue...and the deception of players trying to get every decision...instead the problem lies with referee decisions in general...whether it be pks, corners, free kicks, etc.

Personally, I see goal line technology coming in the near future and that may be a stepping stone that leads to instant replays to assist the referees in making decisions...far fetched perhaps...but not impossible.
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League