Sweden v England - 14th November

Join us here to discuss the 2018 Russia world cup qualifiers and all other international friendly matches

Moderator: Moderators

Hams
Admin
Admin
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Sweden v England - 14th November

Postby Hams » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:13 pm

England

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Celtic), Joe Hart (Manchester City), John Ruddy (Norwich City).

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Steven Caulker (Tottenham), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Ryan Shawcross (Stoke City), Kyle Walker (Tottenham).

Midfielders: Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Aaron Lennon (Tottenham), Leon Osman (Everton), Jonjo Shelvey (Liverpool), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal), Ashley Young (Manchester United).

Forwards: Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Daniel Welbeck (Manchester United).

I have no idea why England are playing away against Sweden in a friendly next week but here is Hodgson's squad.

I think it was a stupid decision to recall Jack Wilshere who has only been back in action for 2 games one of which he was sent off!

There are first call ups for Everton's Leon Osman and Liverpool's Rahim Sterling and Jonjo Shelvey.

Arsenals Carl Jenkinson will join up with the squad in the next couple of days if he is given permission by FIFA.

Any comments on the squad?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:12 pm

Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:41 pm

Line ups

Sweden:
Isaksson, Lustig, Granqvist, Jonas, Olsson, Martin Olsson, Elm, Kallstrom, Larsson, Kacaniklic, Ibrahimovic, Ranegie.

Subs: Hansson, Svensson, Jansson, Sana, Antonsson, Wenbloom, Safari, Holmen, Berg, Hamad.

England:
Hart; Johnson, Cahill, Caulker, Baines; Gerrard, Osman; Sterling, Cleverley, Young; Welbeck.

Subs: Jenkinson, Ruddy, Bertrand, Jagielka, Shawcross, Wilshere, Huddlestone, Zaha, Sturridge, Forster.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:53 pm

Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:25 pm

Tipster
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Tipster » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:22 pm

Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:27 pm

FT

Zlatan Ibrahimovic 4-2 England

What a fantastic display from the Swedish striker!

What was Joe Hart doing there so far out of his box for that 4th goal?

I don't know if I'd rate the PSG hit man as the best in the world but do consider him to be one of the top forwards around.

Any comments on tonights result?
Tipster
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Tipster » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:40 pm

England passed it around ok in the first half, but the final ball was lacking. This keeps happening for England. I would consider the way they played a good performance.

The way he holds the ball up and brings others into play is amazing. His goal record speaks for itself.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:52 pm

That last goal was of a class you are rarely going to see in your life!
I have slated Ibra for not performing well against the best teams,yes this was a experimental England team ,but nothing and i repeat NOTHING can take anything away from that goal right there.
Not sure what was the the primary issue for England in this game ,but the sheer amount of fouls committed by Sweden against the players in the position which gives us a massive advantage over others indicates we are going in the right direction. I have to say that Baines had absolutely no impact on this game ,a game against a decent foe and yet again he fails to impress me.
If he's the heir apparent to A.Cole then the level of quality will drop massively.
Gerrard i thought did ok the right amount of experience ,Wilshere's few minutes were ok ,but his passing is not there just yet ,he will improve though. Cahill looked uncharacteristically shaky out there for me and Joe Hart what was he doing on the 3rd and 4th goals?
Ashley Young gerat assist ,got fouled a lot ,but i just don't rate him at going past players to be honest. He also gave the ball away a hell of a lot. I think we have all the parts ,but we just got to put them all in place at the right time.
Tipster
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Tipster » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:11 pm

Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:47 pm

specnur
Legend
Legend