The Axe Factor 2012/13

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

The Axe Factor 2012/13

Postby Hams » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:01 pm

We are 11 matches now into the new season and still waiting for the first manager to get the sack!

QPR and Reading are still both waiting for their first wins of the campaign while Southampton have shipped in 29 goals.

Who do you think will be the first to go? - Mark Hughes must be the favourite but keeps being backed by owner Tony Fernandez.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Steely Hill » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:14 pm

i can only imagine Hughes would get a tidy payout if he were sacked which could explain how he remains in employment. i am looking forward to this man being sacked as he is a very unlikeable individual.

i think Reading and Southampton would be a little harsh to get rid of their managers and should give them a fair crack even if relegated as they'd go back into the CHampionship stronger than when they came out of it, for sure.

elsewhere, Lambert is starting to get some half decent performances out of his Villa team so looks to be turning a corner while the others are pretty much going along as expected. despite numerous poor games and being booed off Villas-Boas isn't in that bad of a position when you consider Arsenal's inability to break away so he will remain.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby OWEN_ENG » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:27 am

I can't see Hughes getting canned just yet...if anything he should have been gone weeks ago...

For me it's either going to be AVB or Di Matteo that goes first...
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Conner99 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:20 pm

Steely Hill wrote:i can only imagine Hughes would get a tidy payout if he were sacked which could explain how he remains in employment. i am looking forward to this man being sacked as he is a very unlikeable individual.

this man has a way with words ... :lol:
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby OWEN_ENG » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:29 pm

well what do ya know...I got part of my prediction right...Di Matteo out!

Supposedly they are looking at Rafa as a replacement...I can only imagine this is the case to try to get Torres firing again...as I think they want to offload Torres in Jan....however if Rafa comes in and is able to get the best out of Torres....business for Chelsea is sure to pick up!
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:19 pm

Things aren't looking too good for Sunderland's Martin O'Neil at the moment.

The Black Cats could only draw 0-0 with QPR last night and have only won twice this season.

Aston Villa's Paul Lambert is also under pressure and don't think there are enough experienced players in his team.

Who will be the next manager to get the Axe?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:41 am

Reading boss Brian McDermott is the favourite with the bookies now to be the next manager to get the sack.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:32 am

Aston Villa's Paul Lambert must be the favourite now to get the chop next after his side let in 15 goals in 3 games.

I also think Alan Pardew at Newcastle needs to be careful as the Toon have lost 8 out of their last 10 matches and are in poor form.

Who do you think will be the first to get the Axe in 2013?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Billy.yes.mates » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:47 pm

Hams wrote:Aston Villa's Paul Lambert must be the favourite now to get the chop next after his side let in 15 goals in 3 games.

I also think Alan Pardew at Newcastle needs to be careful as the Toon have lost 8 out of their last 10 matches and are in poor form.

Who do you think will be the first to get the Axe in 2013?

Or Brian McDermot too, though Lambert must be on borrowed time I think now.
Billy.yes.mates
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:09 pm

another one bites the dust.

Nigel Adkins.

thoughts?
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby 07rlewis » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:12 pm

Bad day to be a saints fan....took over 2 years ago in the relegation zone of league one....now 15th in the premiership...embarrassing
07rlewis
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Hams » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:35 pm

I think its a disgrace that Nigel Adkins has been sacked today.

The man who he has been replaced by Mauricio Pochettino was recently fired by Espanyol in Spain after a poor start to the Spanish season.

What an awful way to treat a manager who won 2 promotions in a row.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby 07rlewis » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:48 pm

Hams wrote:I think its a disgrace that Nigel Adkins has been sacked today.

The man who he has been replaced by Mauricio Pochettino was recently fired by Espanyol in Spain after a poor start to the Spanish season.

What an awful way to treat a manager who won 2 promotions in a row.

We have only lost 2 in our last 12 and they were only 1-0 so we have been on decent form. We were told that there was good stability at the club. Another joke.
07rlewis
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Hams » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:53 pm

I'm sorry to say lewis but this is good for West Ham who are in danger of being dragged into the relegation fight.

I think this crazy decision will have a negative response from the Saints players and fans which could well reverse Southampton's recent revival.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:58 pm

perhaps there is a 'behind the scenes' issue at play here?
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:25 pm

Another joke of a sacking ,i just don't get it to be honest.
After the way his team fought back against Chelsea he bought himself enough time to see him through to the end of the season. To do what Adkins has done for that team and to be sacked like that is a disgrace on that is even more baffling than Chris Hughton's a few season back. Took them form division to division back to back ,he got them to the top league and is adjusting to the level of ability in that league as a young manager. I feel sorry for the bloke to be honest ,and i think he should take whatever action he has at his disposal against the owner of that club.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:06 pm

Ditto to the above comments, another piece of nonsense from a club whose board believes new manager=success. Lights out Saints!
Pickleman1967

Postby Conner99 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:04 pm

just heard the news ...a bit shocked as he was doing ok , the first priority of any newly promoted club is to make sure you stay in the Premier League and Nigel Adkins was achieving that ..ok Southampton may not be totally safe but it is still a bit strange to sack your manager a few days after a great result at Chelsea .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:23 pm

Reminds me of Wolves sacking Mick McCarthy then they went down and are now entering obscurity once again while McCarthy is reviving Ipswich..

Bye bye Southampton...was nice seeing you back for a while.....i hope Adkins passes you on the way down :D
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:01 pm

Gazza-LFC wrote:Reminds me of Wolves sacking Mick McCarthy then they went down and are now entering obscurity once again while McCarthy is reviving Ipswich..

Bye bye Southampton...was nice seeing you back for a while.....i hope Adkins passes you on the way down :D

Yep ,much the way Hughton is doing to Newcastle! :D
specnur
Legend
Legend

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League