Best players in The Premier League this season? 2012/13

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Player of the season?

Bale
45%
RVP
18%
Suarez
36%

Total votes : 11

Best players in The Premier League this season? 2012/13

Postby Hams » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:11 pm

Who do you consider to have been the best players in the Premier League so far this season?

I think Everton's Marouane Fellaini has been fantastic and he is my pick for his excellent displays and 6 goals from midfield.

Other contenders who i think deserve a mention are Chelsea'a Juan Mata and Liverpool's Luis Suarez who has almost single handedly kept the Reds going.

With regards to the top English player in the Premier at the moment that would be West Ham's Kevin Nolan even if I might be slightly biased.

Any comments?
Last edited by Hams on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby mrtz » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:15 pm

Crazy stat I've heard on Suarez is he's responsible for about 85% of creating/scoring of Liverpool's goals this season.
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby OWEN_ENG » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:54 am

The obvious name that comes to mind is RVP...he's been fantastic for Utd...

Fellani and Mata are a great shouts ...as is Suarez who's carrying Liverpool forward slowly but surely...I will also throw Sterling's name in there as well....another player that has come to light for us this season...

Other mention-ables - Baines and Arsenal's Carzola has been a revelation (definitely their best signing of the season)
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:23 pm

Jermaine Defoe has been doing well recently but it was a bit silly for Spurs boss AVB to say today that he is as good as Falcao!

Who else do you think deserves some credit this season for the good football they have played?

How about Aston Villa's Christian Benteke?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:50 pm

Diame who West Ham picked up on a free transfer from Wigan and the Swansea striker Michu who scored 2 at Arsenal last week have both done very well.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby VisUnitaFortior » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:56 pm

Got to mention some of Stoke's players for their defensive record. Huth and Shawcross have been excellent in the middle. Not necessarily the best central defenders, but definitely one of the best pairings in the league.
VisUnitaFortior
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:50 pm

Demba Ba has been the best player and Danny Simpson has been the best English player.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby hafcly » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:15 pm

I'd have Michu up there, into double figures already this season.

He doesn't have the service that the likes of RVP & Suarez have but still manages to score, and at £2m he's a bargain!
hafcly
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Hams » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:34 pm

VisUnitaFortior wrote:Got to mention some of Stoke's players for their defensive record. Huth and Shawcross have been excellent in the middle. Not necessarily the best central defenders, but definitely one of the best pairings in the league.

Thats a fair point that while Huth and Shawcross may not be the best defenders they are a very good partnership.

I can't really think of any defensive pairings from teams who are in the top 4 or so that have really stood out this season.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:09 am

Hands down Suarez so far!
With RVP in hot pursuit .
Most improved player has to be Mikel for me.
best goalie Joe Hart.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Klaas Bruinsma » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:09 am

Juan Mata had been fantastic Chelsea. Too bad they are now 10pts behind leaders Man United after a being winless in a month
Klaas Bruinsma
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby MatchFixer » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:06 am

Mario Balotelli, for his great performance against Man U. Of course, I'm speaking as a Man U fan. ;) Seriously though, I'd have to say Michu (for standing up and single-handedly keeping Swansea well clear of the relegation zone) and Fellani so far.
MatchFixer
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Tipster » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:17 pm

I'm surprised that Hazard has not been mentioned. Not been the best in the last few matches, but has plenty of assists and a few goals to speak of.

Fellaini has been excellent for Everton, as normal, while Michu has been the buy of the season.
Tipster
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby redpelt » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:35 pm

I think for his influence over games Fellaini has been exceptional ,but for me Pienaar is a vital component
of Everton's invention when going forward, very much an unsung hero.

The other candidate is Suarez ,I have been fortunate enough to have seen some truly amazing talents
grace the Anfield turf ,but Suarez is up there with the very best I have ever seen in terms of ability.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:16 am

Tipster wrote:I'm surprised that Hazard has not been mentioned. Not been the best in the last few matches, but has plenty of assists and a few goals to speak of.

Fellaini has been excellent for Everton, as normal, while Michu has been the buy of the season.

Hazard just hasn't been consistent enough for me and in the bi games he has gone missing, but he has had a good start to his premiership career.

Fellaini has been excellent but not to the extent of Suarez i would have him just behind RVP though because he has more input in games than Michu. Talking about Michu i have had him in my fantasy team after the first week i think.I just saw something in the player that told me he was all about getting out there to impress and move to a bigger team ,he was very very lively with an extreme hunger around the box. He had a fantastic season thus far and quite frankly signing of the season without a doubt thus far.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Davey1 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:24 am

Michu for me. The guy scores more goals as a midfielder, wth??!!

Mata had a very good start, as did Hazard but their form has dipped a little.

Suarez is a good contender.

Van Persie has done really well for United. Settled straight away.

1. Michu
2. Suarez
3. RVP
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Davey1 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:27 am

specnur wrote:
Tipster wrote:I'm surprised that Hazard has not been mentioned. Not been the best in the last few matches, but has plenty of assists and a few goals to speak of.

Hazard just hasn't been consistent enough for me and in the bi games he has gone missing, but he has had a good start to his premiership career.

Fellaini has been excellent but not to the extent of Suarez i would have him just behind RVP though because he has more input in games than Michu. Talking about Michu i have had him in my fantasy team after the first week i think.I just saw something in the player that told me he was all about getting out there to impress and move to a bigger team ,he was very very lively with an extreme hunger around the box. He had a fantastic season thus far and quite frankly signing of the season without a doubt thus far.

£2m... £2M!!!! Cazorla was a decent signing but Whoever signs for £2m and scores as much as Michu is the signing of the season in any league.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Davey1 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:41 am

specnur wrote:Hands down Suarez so far!
best goalie Joe Hart.

Lindegaard 8 games 18 saves 3 clean sheets
Hart 16 games 27 saves 6 clean sheets
Cech 16 games 57 saves 6 clean sheets
Howard 16 games 40 saves 2 clean sheets

Hart has been poo!
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby specnur » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:53 pm

Davey1 wrote:
best goalie Joe Hart.

Hart has been poo!

Yeah but it the type of saves that Hart has made that has impressed me , Man city's defense has been better than chelsea's so Hart gets less work to do! :wink:
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Davey1 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:37 pm

specnur wrote:
Davey1 wrote:
best goalie Joe Hart.

Hart has been poo!

Yeah but it the type of saves that Hart has made that has impressed me , Man city's defense has been better than chelsea's so Hart gets less work to do! :wink:

I think saving 57 shots and managing to keep as many clean sheets as a keeper who has savd 27 shots is a bit more impressive.

City's defence are really hard to get past so most shots are from outside the box. Most of Hart's saves have been from outside the box. Just look at how he commands the wall against free kicks, he thinks he's better than he actually is.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League