Arsenal v Tottenham

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Postby Big Jono » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:34 pm

This was all over as soon as Adebayor went in for that terrible tackle, a red was the only possible outcome of that in my opinion.

After that the team was shell shocked and lost all their pre match planning and shape for the rest of the half, even though losing one of the top two shouldnt have affected it that much.

Its a credit to AVB what he managed to do at half time for the second half and bodes well for the rest of the season but I think it happened too early in the 1st half for him to just let it go until half time and try to hold onto the lead.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:49 pm

so AVB thinks they outplayed us does he ...."I think we were on top from the first minute to the last" he apparently told Radio 5 live and there is more .."We keep a smile on our faces because we were excellent for 90 minutes with 11 men and with 10 men," said Villas-Boas .

So it was an excellent performance to have 5 goals put past you ...well done AVB and Tottenham Hotspur , could AVB be just a little bit peeved at being beaten 5-2 perhaps , i thought Tottenham played very well in spells ...but so did we , of course we had an extra man ..but it doesnt always mean an avalanche of goals will come . Teams have won in the past with only 10 men and managed to draw matches despite being a man down .

I think AVB needs to concentrate on making sure his team doesnt suffer a fourth successive Premier League defeat against West Ham on sunday .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:55 pm

Well to put this into perspective Arsenal pretty much have the best record in football when reduced to 10 men! BUt that's not saying they would have beaten anyone with this current lot. NO way in hell do they beat anyone with 10 of these players!
You look at their performance and you would have to say Spurs having 10 men was the ONLY reason ARsenal WOn this game,A draw is all they could have wished for. I saw no reaction to conceding the lead ,not like we used to do. We would come firing right back ,i didn't see the intensity or will form anyone out there . Giroud just doesn't have the leg speed for our team I said from day one that Podolski isn't Arsenal quality and again i have been proven right . They called Cazorla man of the match ,but i failed to see him exploit that mid field at all.
This is sad but true folks ,i would like to be more optimistic but it was an indication to some very bad losses down the road if they don't get some better options in that team.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:22 am

specnur wrote: Podolski isn't Arsenal quality and again i have been proven right .

when you're asking him to play left midfield and track back to cover the likes of Andre Santos and Vermaelen then you're never going to get the best out of a player who is a forward.

he'd be far better suited to playing where Giroud is - or at the very least, not giving him so much defensive responsibility. if he had a top full back behind him like Ashley Cole you'd see Podolski provide a far greater contribution to the cause.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Super Mario10 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:06 pm

Is there a german player you do not like in football history.....

:lol:
Super Mario10
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:07 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
specnur wrote: Podolski isn't Arsenal quality and again i have been proven right .

when you're asking him to play left midfield and track back to cover the likes of Andre Santos and Vermaelen then you're never going to get the best out of a player who is a forward.

he'd be far better suited to playing where Giroud is - or at the very least, not giving him so much defensive responsibility. if he had a top full back behind him like Ashley Cole you'd see Podolski provide a far greater contribution to the cause.

That's rubbish steely i haven't made such a judgement on his premiership career without thought pal, i have been extremely patient with the player. This game was the first time i have seen him track back and tackle anyone, not only that this is the position he play every single game of his national career at least. I have never seen him play as the front man!

He just not good enough ,it's as simple as that. When i watch a player from any league i always judge his ability and how effective that ability would be in the premiership , the best league in the world. Hleb came from that same league as Podolski ,i knew of Podolski before i heard of Hleb ,but i only had to watch a couple of games Hleb played in Germany before i knew he would be effective in the premiership. I was correct then and my success rate is impeccable ,quite frankly! It has nothing to do with race or what country the player comes from ,he's just not aRsenal quality based on the likes of Bergkamp,Henry Pires,A.cole, Sol Campbell, Toure, Overmars etc etc etc.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:17 pm

specnur wrote:
Steely Hill wrote:

That's rubbish steely i haven't made such a judgement on his premiership career without thought pal, i have been extremely patient with the player. This game was the first time i have seen him track back and tackle anyone, not only that this is the position he play every single game of his national career at least. I have never seen him play as the front man!

He just not good enough ,it's as simple as that. When i watch a player from any league i always judge his ability and how effective that ability would be in the premiership , the best league in the world. Hleb came from that same league as Podolski ,i knew of Podolski before i heard of Hleb ,but i only had to watch a couple of games Hleb played in Germany before i knew he would be effective in the premiership. I was correct then and my success rate is impeccable ,quite frankly! It has nothing to do with race or what country the player comes from ,he's just not aRsenal quality based on the likes of Bergkamp,Henry Pires,A.cole, Sol Campbell, Toure, Overmars etc etc etc.

he is far more advanced for Germany as he has very capable defensive midfield players behind him, not to mention a more than capable full back. this is precisely my point with Arsenal so you have just shown how effective he can be when utilised correctly.

as for Hleb, he was an utter failure at Birmingham ffs.

the basis of player you judge for being Arsenal quality is intriguing. wenger obviously hasn't bought a player of suitable 'arsenal ability' for about 6-7 years on that basis.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:28 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
he is far more advanced for Germany as he has very capable defensive midfield players behind him, not to mention a more than capable full back. this is precisely my point with Arsenal so you have just shown how effective he can be when utilised correctly.

I haven't seen it for Arsenal ,never impressed me enough before either that's why i said he wasn't Arsenal quality and why so far he is proving me to be right as we stand today.

as for Hleb, he was an utter failure at Birmingham ffs.

Mate i don't care who you put in that Birmingham team under Strachan ,they would look like sh!t
Hleb has proven himself with ARsenal against the very best teams in the world and that is what i am judging Podolski on and he has failed miserably. IMagine Podolski on that Birmingham team ,what a joke!

the basis of player you judge for being Arsenal quality is intriguing. wenger obviously hasn't bought a player of suitable 'arsenal ability' for about 6-7 years on that basis.

This is almost true . I think Nasri ,Hleb ,Walcott, Diarra were very good buys indeed! If he kept hold of them with Cesc ,RVP, and a bunch of other players we would have been probably the top team in Europe without question! We had the players in terms of ability to beat anyone out there ,and even with a bunch of lesser level of player we beat every top team in Europe within a three month period. So i would say your statement is partially true.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:18 pm

specnur wrote:
This is almost true . I think Nasri ,Hleb ,Walcott, Diarra were very good buys indeed! If he kept hold of them with Cesc ,RVP, and a bunch of other players we would have been probably the top team in Europe without question! We had the players in terms of ability to beat anyone out there ,and even with a bunch of lesser level of player we beat every top team in Europe within a three month period. So i would say your statement is partially true.

and that brings us back to why we are struggling right now ...we cannot attract the big name players anymore due to the fact we are no longer winning trophies ..we have to make do with lesser quality players most of the time or the old chestnut of `promising players` .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Previous

Return to Barclays Premier League