Arsenal v Swansea

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Arsenal v Swansea

Postby Conner99 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:48 pm

Arsenal had a second succesive draw as they could nopt find a way past Everton , the match finished 1-1 and despite a stunning start with Theo Walcott chipping the Gunners ahead after just 1 minute ...it was the only goal they could muster and
Arsene Wenger will be aware he has some work to get Arsenal back near the top of the table .

Swansea surprised almost everyone by beating in form West Brom ...the 3-1 result moved them up to 8th in the table and manager Michael Laudrup was delighted with the win ."It was a great team performance and I don't want to single out any individual performance."Everybody was great to watch. We have the momentum and we want to keep it now.".
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:26 am

This should be a good game for the purists to watch between two sides
who both like to play football and not one to enjoy if you're a fan of the long ball game!

Arsenal should at home just have enough to beat Swansea and return to winning ways again.

Arsenal 2-0 Swansea.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:41 pm

Did you know that Arsenal have won just three of their last nine Premier League home games (W3 D4 L2) and two of those have been when the opposition have been reduced to 10 men.

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:18 pm

it is those drawn matches that have cost us ..8 pts dropped , we definately need a win , i hope we can beat Swansea and score a few goals as well ...will give everyone a boost .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:47 pm

Line ups

Arsenal:
Szczesny, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Cazorla, Walcott, Podolski, Gervinho;

Subs: Mannone, Squillaci, Coquelin, Ramsey, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Giroud

Swansea:
Tremmel, Rangel, Williams, Chico, Davies, Britton, de Guzman, Ki, Dyer, Michu, Shechter;

Subs: Cornell, Monk, Tiendalli, Agustien, Richards, Moore, Donnelly
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:49 pm

HT

Arsenal 0-0 Swansea
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:19 pm

FT

Arsenal 0-2 Swansea
0-1 Michu 88'
0-2 Michu 90+2

Any comments on todays result?

Why was the attendance 60,000 when there were at least 10,000 empty seats at the Emirates?

Is the Spanish striker Michu the best signing from last summers transfer window and how good are this Swansea team?

Why were Arsenal just so useless today and was this their worst performance for many years?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Johaldo8 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:28 am

Arsewipe fans surprisingly quiet. Lol.

They got raped. Completely outplayed and the Swans thoroughly deserved the win.

Michu is some steal at £2M!! :shock:
Johaldo8
World Class
World Class

Postby Big Jono » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:19 am

I only saw the end of this match but how cool was Michu for the goals?? It was like a training drill for him once he got one on one, so many strikers panic and stuff it up.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:09 pm

Decided against watching the highlights after hearing the score but it's obviously very disappointing, and infuriating.

It's time for Wenger to either part ways with the club or move upstairs, but I'm sure neither will happen.
Stan Kroenke's moustache

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:12 pm

Stan Kroenke's moustache wrote:Decided against watching the highlights after hearing the score but it's obviously very disappointing, and infuriating.

It's time for Wenger to either part ways with the club or move upstairs, but I'm sure neither will happen.

Well done for at least showing the courage to post here and for taking it on the chin.

Nothing will change at Arsenal while they keep qualifying for the CL every season and most Gooners
fans seem to be happy to continue paying for the most expensive season tickets in the country to watch this rubbish.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pokerkings » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:09 pm

Well that was actually quite sad and depressing Saturday, watching my club come to this is just awful, but very predictable. People who know me will tell you I've been banging on about the way we've been managed since the transfer window of 2008 and that this would happen, eventually our pathetic policy would catch up with us, and most Gooners where having none of it.

Of course When Wenger first arrived he had brand new ideas and made our club beautiful to watch, he added some class players to an already solid defence and he had Dennis Bergkamp to work with and he added Henry to partner him. Wenger overtook Fergie and collected doubles in the process, Fergie had to up his game and up his game he did, then Mourihio came along, brought football to another level and Ferguson was challenged again. So what did Ferguson do? stick with the policy that had been so successful in the past? or move with the times and better himself? Ferguson isn't stupid, he knows he needs help and has chopped and changed his assistants, and, as I understand it doesn't even control the training sessions anymore. He's not a control freak, he knows he needs people around him who know what there expertise are.

Now Wenger, he's stuck with his same old methods he used back in the 90's and has refused to adapt and change with the modern day football. Just look at the 8-2 defeat to Utd last season, heads where turned when he sold Fabregas, Nasri and Clichy and none of them where replaced, then, we visit Utd with Injuries and suspensions and he STILL refuses to change he game plan and we find ourselves being humiliated by one of our top rivals. I've seen this coming for ages.

Saturday we were played at our 'Own Game' by Swansea and by a manager who is relatively new to management, especially new compared to Arsene Wenger. If, after "30 years of management" you can't beat Swansea City who are under a new manager who is alien to this league at home then you have some serious issues.

What was most disappointing but not surprising was the body language of the players Saturday, couldn't be bothered to track back, stay in position, fight, work hard, take ownership, lead..etc..etc.. It just isn't good enough. The players are over played, unmotivated mainly due to the fact they are told 4th-3rd place is a trophy and I think Phil Neville summed it up well, when you have a manager who keeps telling you that you're tired then you will start to believe it as a player. This isnt right, First reaching 4th should see players kicked out, if a player plays badly he should be dropped, simple as that.

Wenger is no longer a manager, he's just a mad old father figure that takes the training sessions. All these problems point to him, if the players are tired then he should've spent that £70+ million you had and added depth and quality to the squad, it's his job to insure that! Wasn't it Mourinho who said a successful team needs two players of top quality in each position? In this league he was bang on the money.

Wenger is finished, that much is clear now to most. He showed Saturday just how clueless he is. What was his post match interview?

“We weren't good enough, i dont know why”

Now what I say to all the Wenger lovers is this, there was no hint of him being the man to get us out of this trouble. You seriously need to get your heads around that if you truly support the club. What needs to happen is change throughout... The board, the owner, the manager and half of the squad.

That money grabber Lady Nina was right, the board are incompetent and old. PHW is finished, thank god. Get Dein in. A chairmans job is to control and monitor a CEO. Dein would be perfect, the only thing he cares about is winning therefore he wouldn't accept a CEO that doen't want the club to be successful on the pitch.

Wenger is done and I am actually quite excited, he even knows it himself, he's just too embarrassed to walk. We need to start to find his replacement NOW. Ideally a young, hungry manager with ideas. If Laudrup can completely outsmart Wenger then that tells all the Wenger lover all they need to know.

The march/protest couldn't have been better timed. Now, I'm not a fan of protesting, I think it's counter productive, however last season there were 200 protesting, this season there were 1000, and I guarantee you after that final whistle there were 1000 more on top of that... every corner of the Emirates were booing that performance Saturday and they were absolutely right to do so, Norwich, Q.P.R, Fulham, Aston Villa and Swansea and we have seen extremely poor performances. Is it because we don't have the quality?? well we certainly have better players than those sides, so again, it falls down to the manager. No excuses.

Now, once he's gone when then need to ship out players like Chamakh, Gervinho, Ramsey, JD, Diaby, Squid, Arshavin...etc.. and all the other . that shouldn't be anywhere near an Arsenal shirt, then kick out all the loaned players. If they wont leave because they love milking the extremely high wages Wenger has put them on, then offer them a 'Buy out of contract' deal just wash them out of the club and start again with whatever funds that leaves you with.

Arsenal Football Club has a frightening potential to be a major force in the league and in Europe, we're financially sound, have £100million+ to play with, new commercial deals, new T.V deals and has an amazing stadium with dedicated fans, imagine a manager who could use that potential and turn us around? We have a squad of great individual talent but they are just not clicking together, I think it's because they have watched our best player and captains move onto to better things and they now know what they've signed up to..

Change is needed at Arsenal and it shouldn't be feared.
Pokerkings
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Big Jono » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:41 pm

Good post Pokes.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:58 pm

Pokerkings wrote:Well that was actually quite sad and depressing Saturday, watching my club come to this is just awful, but very predictable. People who know me will tell you I've been banging on about the way we've been managed since the transfer window of 2008 and that this would happen, eventually our pathetic policy would catch up with us, and most Gooners where having none of it.

Of course When Wenger first arrived he had brand new ideas and made our club beautiful to watch, he added some class players to an already solid defence and he had Dennis Bergkamp to work with and he added Henry to partner him. Wenger overtook Fergie and collected doubles in the process, Fergie had to up his game and up his game he did, then Mourihio came along, brought football to another level and Ferguson was challenged again. So what did Ferguson do? stick with the policy that had been so successful in the past? or move with the times and better himself? Ferguson isn't stupid, he knows he needs help and has chopped and changed his assistants, and, as I understand it doesn't even control the training sessions anymore. He's not a control freak, he knows he needs people around him who know what there expertise are.

Now Wenger, he's stuck with his same old methods he used back in the 90's and has refused to adapt and change with the modern day football. Just look at the 8-2 defeat to Utd last season, heads where turned when he sold Fabregas, Nasri and Clichy and none of them where replaced, then, we visit Utd with Injuries and suspensions and he STILL refuses to change he game plan and we find ourselves being humiliated by one of our top rivals. I've seen this coming for ages.

Saturday we were played at our 'Own Game' by Swansea and by a manager who is relatively new to management, especially new compared to Arsene Wenger. If, after "30 years of management" you can't beat Swansea City who are under a new manager who is alien to this league at home then you have some serious issues.

What was most disappointing but not surprising was the body language of the players Saturday, couldn't be bothered to track back, stay in position, fight, work hard, take ownership, lead..etc..etc.. It just isn't good enough. The players are over played, unmotivated mainly due to the fact they are told 4th-3rd place is a trophy and I think Phil Neville summed it up well, when you have a manager who keeps telling you that you're tired then you will start to believe it as a player. This isnt right, First reaching 4th should see players kicked out, if a player plays badly he should be dropped, simple as that.

Wenger is no longer a manager, he's just a mad old father figure that takes the training sessions. All these problems point to him, if the players are tired then he should've spent that £70+ million you had and added depth and quality to the squad, it's his job to insure that! Wasn't it Mourinho who said a successful team needs two players of top quality in each position? In this league he was bang on the money.

Wenger is finished, that much is clear now to most. He showed Saturday just how clueless he is. What was his post match interview?

“We weren't good enough, i dont know why”

Now what I say to all the Wenger lovers is this, there was no hint of him being the man to get us out of this trouble. You seriously need to get your heads around that if you truly support the club. What needs to happen is change throughout... The board, the owner, the manager and half of the squad.

That money grabber Lady Nina was right, the board are incompetent and old. PHW is finished, thank god. Get Dein in. A chairmans job is to control and monitor a CEO. Dein would be perfect, the only thing he cares about is winning therefore he wouldn't accept a CEO that doen't want the club to be successful on the pitch.

Wenger is done and I am actually quite excited, he even knows it himself, he's just too embarrassed to walk. We need to start to find his replacement NOW. Ideally a young, hungry manager with ideas. If Laudrup can completely outsmart Wenger then that tells all the Wenger lover all they need to know.

The march/protest couldn't have been better timed. Now, I'm not a fan of protesting, I think it's counter productive, however last season there were 200 protesting, this season there were 1000, and I guarantee you after that final whistle there were 1000 more on top of that... every corner of the Emirates were booing that performance Saturday and they were absolutely right to do so, Norwich, Q.P.R, Fulham, Aston Villa and Swansea and we have seen extremely poor performances. Is it because we don't have the quality?? well we certainly have better players than those sides, so again, it falls down to the manager. No excuses.

Now, once he's gone when then need to ship out players like Chamakh, Gervinho, Ramsey, JD, Diaby, Squid, Arshavin...etc.. and all the other . that shouldn't be anywhere near an Arsenal shirt, then kick out all the loaned players. If they wont leave because they love milking the extremely high wages Wenger has put them on, then offer them a 'Buy out of contract' deal just wash them out of the club and start again with whatever funds that leaves you with.

Arsenal Football Club has a frightening potential to be a major force in the league and in Europe, we're financially sound, have £100million+ to play with, new commercial deals, new T.V deals and has an amazing stadium with dedicated fans, imagine a manager who could use that potential and turn us around? We have a squad of great individual talent but they are just not clicking together, I think it's because they have watched our best player and captains move onto to better things and they now know what they've signed up to..

Change is needed at Arsenal and it shouldn't be feared.

great post Pokers and your paragraph below ...

Wenger keeps on about the spirit of the squad ..the togetherness and we never give up...etc , i`m not sure they are anymore ...going back before 2007 ...we had players who would die for Arsenal , give everything they had ...it seems there is an attitude of ...`oh well ..we did our best ....never mind, lets try again next week .

I agree that we have better players than a lot of the sides in the Premier League , it is a sign of how bad things have got when we cannot beat those teams with the players we have ...what i do reckon is if we dont qualify for the Champions League next season Arsene Wenger could be facing a big decision ...should he go .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby donosmith » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:22 am

In my mind actually, Arsenal have been surprising this year due to their lack of wins. Expectations were extremely high for the club because of their major signings. Swansea did indeed deserve this win, no doubt about it, but how much longer can Arsenal fans put up with their beloved gunners playing below standards in almost every match.
donosmith
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby BigHock » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:34 am

donosmith wrote:In my mind actually, Arsenal have been surprising this year due to their lack of wins. Expectations were extremely high for the club because of their major signings. Swansea did indeed deserve this win, no doubt about it, but how much longer can Arsenal fans put up with their beloved gunners playing below standards in almost every match.

i really love our boys, but this is disappointing!
BigHock
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Conner99 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:48 pm

yes ...we were 4th this time last season , the games coming up for us you can no longer call a sure 3 pts ....West Brom , Reading and Wigan ...need to win all three really .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League