Arsenal v West Brom

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Arsenal v West Brom

Postby Conner99 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:04 pm

Arsenal suffered another defeat ..this time at the Emirates ....losing 2- to Swansea , as two late goals by Michu left Arsene Wenger facing the home fans wrath ...it was clear during and after the game that the fans are growing ever more frustrated by their teams performances , Arsene Wenger was asked about his future with the Gunners and he said .."You make your assessment at the end of the season, as I said many times." We are in this job to turn things around, and I am confident we will [because of] the quality of the players and the spirit we have,".

The game against West Brom will see Arsenal hoping to improve their recent home record ...only 3 wins from 10 Premier League games .

West Brom came unstuck again as they lost 1-0 to Stoke and missed a chance to go third in the table ....it was not the result manager Steve Clarke wanted after the previous game ...a 3-1 defeat by Swansea , he said after the game "We haven't been carried away in the dressing room. We knew there would be bad moments in the season and two defeats in a row are as bad as it has got so far."I have no doubts about the players' character. The first target is still 40 points and we look forward to the next game .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:32 am

In the past this would have been a comfortable home win but WBA have done very well this season and could nick a point.

Arsenal 1-1 WBA
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Conner99 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:55 pm

Hams wrote:In the past this would have been a comfortable home win but WBA have done very well this season and could nick a point.

Arsenal 1-1 WBA

we just cannot afford to draw another match ...i hope the rest of some of our players will help us get the win we desperatly need .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:27 am

Did you know that The Baggies have never kept a clean sheet in their 12 Premier League games against Arsenal, conceding 28 goals in total.

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:53 pm

This could be the game we need, a tough one to get the players going.. Or at least that's what I'm hoping. :lol:

As Conner said, we can't afford to drop any more points, especially at home, so my hopeful prediction is a 1-0 home win. I wouldn't be surprised if we only came away with a point, though.
Stan Kroenke's moustache

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Line ups

ARSENAL:
Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gervinho, Giroud...

Subs: Martinez, Jenkinson, Squillaci, Coquelin, Ramsey, Rosicky, Podolski.

WEST BROM:
Myhill, Reid, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell, Mulumbu, Morrison, Odemwingie, Gera, Brunt, Long...

Subs: Popov, Dorrans, Fortuné, Rosenberg, Tamas, Lukaku, L Daniels.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:12 pm

FT

Arsenal 2-0 WBA
1-0 Arteta 26' Pen
2-0 Arteta 64' Pen

Any comments on todays result?

Were Arsenal very lucky to be awarded that 1st penalty?

It sounds like this was a very bad tempered game.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:57 am

That really was an awful dive by Cazorla for the 1st pen and Arsenal were very lucky to get the 2nd one too as Ox fouled a WBA player just before.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:23 pm

Deserved win for the gunners! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was hoping they would miss that first penalty ,because there is no way they should have gotten that!
The better quality won in the end ,but WBA gave a good account of themselves.
Wilshere man of the match for me,this was the player we have been missing and he looked back to his old self. I hope he can take this performance forward into bigger matches ,because his energy alone will motivate the rest of the players no end.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:55 pm

arsenal getting favourable refereeing decisions?

CONSPIRACY
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:29 pm

Steely Hill wrote:arsenal getting favourable refereeing decisions?

CONSPIRACY

IN your dreams pal, i bet that ref was close to suicide after watching that replay of that game.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:16 pm

:lol:

should we expect to see him pop up from the bottom of the Thames in a pair of concrete boots?
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:34 pm

I hope he doesn't receive any silly prank phone calls from any Australian DJ's looking to make a name for themselves.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:39 am

we were fortunate with both penalties ....the first one that Cazorla got , if there was contact it was minimal , the second one when Camberlain was fouled was the correct decision ..but...it did seem like a little push on Popov by Chamberlain just before the penalty , and of course the handball by Mertsacker we got away with ..

So we ended our 4 game winless streak ...and i hope it is the start of a revival of our fortunes .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League