West Brom v West Ham

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

West Brom v West Ham

Postby Conner99 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:56 pm

West Brom suffered their third consecutive defeat as they lost 2-0 to Arsenal at the Emirates , manager Steve Clarke can consider his side a tad unfortunate as both Arsenal goals came courtesy of penalties that had a touch of controversy about them ..while a West Brom penalty claim was ignored ...the result meant the Baggies now drop to 6th in the table .

West Ham suffered a 3-2 home defeat against Liverpool , despite taking a 2-1 lead it was not enough as Liverpool scored two late goals to leave Upton Park with all 3 pts ...manager Sam Allardyce said after the match "we should not have lost".
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:47 pm

I'm really not sure what to predict for this fixture on Sunday as West Ham are down to the bare bones with so many injured.

WBA have lost their last 3 in a row while the Hammers have only won 1 out of their last 5 and are slowly dropping down the table.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Almeida » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:52 pm

tomkins to the striker position!
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:54 pm

Almeida wrote:tomkins to the striker position!

Please don't give Sam Allardyce any crazy ideas!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:16 pm

at least he wont bring us harm there! :lol: and who knows, maybe after being nonexistent pretty much of the game someone will score an own goal when he is alongside.))
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Conner99 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:51 pm

West Brom will not want a fourth straight defeat so i think West Ham will find it tough at The Hawthorns ..
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:53 pm

Did you know that the last three Premier League meetings between the Hammers and the Baggies have ended as draws.

Any more comments or predictions?

West Ham's likely line up.

........................................Jaaskelainen.................................

Demel....................Reid........................Collins..........O'Brien

...................Nobel.......................Nolan......................

Taylor..............................................................Jarvis.............

.............................Cole...................Maiga...............................

We are really suffering with injuries now with Collison,Vaz Te,Carroll,Diarra,McCartney and Diame all out.

I'll be happy if we can come away from here with a draw as this is not going to be an easy game for us.

WBA may have lost their last 3 but they still have some good players like Lukaku and Odemwingie we need to keep an eye on.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:38 pm

If it is any comfort Hams, I have this one as a nailed on draw. Get yerself down to Ladbrokes!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:27 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:If it is any comfort Hams, I have this one as a nailed on draw. Get yerself down to Ladbrokes!

I'd be happy with a draw Pickleman but we we really need is all 3 points to move us back up the table and don't see why we couldn't win at WBA.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:34 pm

Line ups

West Brom:
Myhill, Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Popov, Brunt, Morrison, Mulumbu, Gera, Odemwingie, Long.

Subs- Daniels, Dawson, Tamas, Dorrans, Rosenberg, Lukaku, Fortune.

West Ham:
Jaaskelainen, Demel, O'Brien, Reid, Collins, Noble, O'Neil, Nolan, Jarvis, Cole, Taylor

Subs-Raphael, Tomkins, Spence, Moncur, Lletget, Maiga.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:53 pm

HT

WBA 0-0 WHU

A pretty even first half with neither side really making any clear chances to score.

Come on you Irons!

Lets see if we can get a bit of luck here and win this game with a penalty or deflection!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:07 pm

:lol:

there is a good chance for that to happen in the games like this, Hams.)

i think C.Cole has been again good so far, it seems like he is indeed in a good shape and makes up for the loss of Carrol.

we also have our right flank looking good and i believe if a goal is to come it will come from there.
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:02 pm

FT

West Brom 0-0 West Ham

The Albion were better than the Hammers in the 2nd half so I think we should be happy to earn 1 point.

I thought Winston Reid was excellent in West Ham's defence and also got forward to nearly put the Irons in the lead.

Any comments on this draw?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:21 pm

well... i've never seen a ref with such a belly :lol: he must clutch to this job with all his teeth so as to keep fit and healthy in his life for as long as possible, since once he quits, i'm afraid, he might gain a lot of weight and let himself in for trouble.

a commonplace game. do not have too much to say because there weren't anything of note from the hammers. point taken and this s all that is on the bright side here, and maybe performance of a few players such as c.cole who was the only one from whom was coming any threat to the opposition's goal.

maiga is the person who has been showing recently that he is not wothy of wearing our shirt. well, maybe this situation will still turn around becaus if it doesnt he would be my first candidate to leave in the winter trasfer window.

as for tompkins, funinly, but i didnt feel he would spoil our game that time. probably he just had too little time for that and yet managed to earn a yellow anyway :lol:

we have collected 9 points already. who would have thought we would manage to do that but me 8) yet, my benchmark was 12 as far as i remember. so, who's next? :mrgreen:
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Almeida » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:29 pm

well... i see it will be Everton... why, big sam needs a ball of toffee to chew.)))))
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Almeida » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:31 pm

I thought Winston Reid was excellent in West Ham's defence and also got forward to nearly put the Irons in the lead.

the guy that made way for tompkins? if it's he you're talking about, you're right. good game from him.
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:54 pm

Hams wrote:
Pickleman1967 wrote:If it is any comfort Hams, I have this one as a nailed on draw. Get yerself down to Ladbrokes!

I'd be happy with a draw Pickleman but we we really need is all 3 points to move us back up the table and don't see why we couldn't win at WBA.

A patchy old game Hams, a draw as I thought. I think both sides lack a cutting edge up front. I think West Ham need to get Carrol back ASAP. On the plus side I backed the draw at 12/5 so I'm already filling with Christmas cheer! :wink:
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:49 pm

it was like a re-run of the Newcastle game but without the goal - although O'Neil was agonisingly close.

a draw was the obvious result before, during and after the game and i think both sides would be happy with it really. another point on the board which we have to appreciate considering our injury list.

Everton at home up next and they should be without Fellaini so should be interesting.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League