Liverpool v Aston Villa

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Postby Johaldo8 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:01 am

It's not a joke Gazza. It's a fact.

Spurs have no history whatsoever? :lol:
User avatar
Johaldo8
World Class
World Class
 
Posts: 9859
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:37 pm

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:56 pm

Well then mine was an even bigger fact...

Compared to Liverpool Spurs have zero history so for you to joke about Liverpool is a joke and makes no sense....you need to take your facts as you call them over to the Everton and Newcastle fans,that's where you compare your team and facts because those two teams have also been missing for two decades
User avatar
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 10788
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Behind you

Postby Conner99 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:10 pm

well it was set up for the Villa win after Rodgers talk up of Liverpool finishing in the top two , a superb second goal ...with the back heel ..etc . It was unbelievably the same old story for Liverpool ....plenty of chances ....dominated possesion but could not finsh ..clear penalty though for the pull on Daniel Agger's shirt .
User avatar
Conner99
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2728
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:33 am
Location: Essex

Postby Davey1 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:41 pm

Conner99 wrote:well it was set up for the Villa win after Rodgers talk up of Liverpool finishing in the top two , a superb second goal ...with the back heel ..etc . It was unbelievably the same old story for Liverpool ....plenty of chances ....dominated possesion but could not finsh ..clear penalty though for the pull on Daniel Agger's shirt .


Agreed, word for word.

When Dalglish was given money, the problems were lack of chances created, lack of creative players. Dalglish and Comoli splashed the cash on Henderson, Downing, Adam and Cole on a free. Ironically, none of them are creating regular chances, yet now the problem isn't creating chances, it's putting them away.

Now we're in desperate need of goal scorers but is it gonna make much of a difference? I play one striker up front and young Raheem and a rotation of Shelvey, Suso, Downing and Cole.
User avatar
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro
 
Posts: 3068
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:52 pm
Location: Supports Liverpool

Postby Johaldo8 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:54 pm

Gazza-LFC wrote:Well then mine was an even bigger fact...

Compared to Liverpool Spurs have zero history so for you to joke about Liverpool is a joke and makes no sense....you need to take your facts as you call them over to the Everton and Newcastle fans,that's where you compare your team and facts because those two teams have also been missing for two decades


I told you once fella and i wont tell you again: i was not joking. If it makes you feel better, Spurs have been big underachievers for decades and will continue to be. I can accept that fact.

Can you accept the fact that Liverpool are a relic football club? Obviously not :lol:
User avatar
Johaldo8
World Class
World Class
 
Posts: 9859
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:37 pm

Postby Davey1 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:55 pm

Spurs aren't too different from Liverpool. The goal last season was to do our best to get in the top 4. Spurs did, Liverpool didn't but atleast we can say we got to 2 finals, winning 1 and now we're in the same boat as Spurs, Both in Europa League.

Now both teams are trying to get into the top 4, again.

Relic football club, huh?
User avatar
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro
 
Posts: 3068
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:52 pm
Location: Supports Liverpool

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:15 pm

Johaldo8 wrote:
Gazza-LFC wrote:Well then mine was an even bigger fact...

Compared to Liverpool Spurs have zero history so for you to joke about Liverpool is a joke and makes no sense....you need to take your facts as you call them over to the Everton and Newcastle fans,that's where you compare your team and facts because those two teams have also been missing for two decades


I told you once fella and i wont tell you again: i was not joking. If it makes you feel better, Spurs have been big underachievers for decades and will continue to be. I can accept that fact.

Can you accept the fact that Liverpool are a relic football club? Obviously not :lol:


And if attacking much bigger clubs eases your suffering then please continue.
User avatar
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 10788
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Behind you

Postby redpelt » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:49 pm

Johaldo8 wrote:
Gazza-LFC wrote:Well then mine was an even bigger fact...

Compared to Liverpool Spurs have zero history so for you to joke about Liverpool is a joke and makes no sense....you need to take your facts as you call them over to the Everton and Newcastle fans,that's where you compare your team and facts because those two teams have also been missing for two decades


I told you once fella and i wont tell you again: i was not joking. If it makes you feel better, Spurs have been big underachievers for decades and will continue to be. I can accept that fact.

Can you accept the fact that Liverpool are a relic football club? Obviously not :lol:


No problem,can you accept clown shoes and a big red nose ? I only ask because for the last 20 years albeit from when old Arry took charge,you couldn't have been more humorous if you had taken to the pitch wearing them....Ask the Gooners they think you're "comedy gold " :wink:
User avatar
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:24 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby specnur » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:11 pm

For the last few years you have had a lot of the media putting a lot of pressure on Arsene Wenger for not winning a title in 7 years. I think the plight of Liverpool FC over the same time and the lack of similar criticism spells bias to me. When you figure how massive a club Liverpool are ,what they have done ,how popular they are world wide ,i think it's an absolute outrage they are where they are right now.AN OUTRAGE!
They can't even get close to Champions league football these days and to me that is not acceptable and the difference between the class in club ethic between them and Man U who refuse to drop to such mediocre levels.
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15048
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby redpelt » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:30 pm

specnur wrote: I think the plight of Liverpool FC over the same time and the lack of similar criticism spells bias to me. When you figure how massive a club Liverpool are ,what they have done ,how popular they are world wide ,i think it's an absolute outrage they are where they are right now.AN OUTRAGE!They can't even get close to Champions league football these days and to me that is not acceptable and the difference between the class in club ethic between them and Man U who refuse to drop to such mediocre levels.


Have you been living in a cave, and completely ostracised from the outside world ? Liverpool have been
the subject of derogatory comments and denigrating critique from the press for the last 15 years.

Monsieur Wenger's is only in its infancy compared to the much maligned reds . If you want to dance ,at
least learn the steps lad .
User avatar
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:24 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby OWEN_ENG » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:18 pm

Gazza-LFC wrote:To be honest this result doesnt surprise me the way our season has gone,we dont deserve anything when we have players such as Downing,Cole and Henderson in our team...

Very poor but no surprise.


Agreed
User avatar
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1647
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:04 am
Location: Canada

Postby specnur » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:40 am

redpelt wrote:
specnur wrote: I think the plight of Liverpool FC over the same time and the lack of similar criticism spells bias to me. When you figure how massive a club Liverpool are ,what they have done ,how popular they are world wide ,i think it's an absolute outrage they are where they are right now.AN OUTRAGE!They can't even get close to Champions league football these days and to me that is not acceptable and the difference between the class in club ethic between them and Man U who refuse to drop to such mediocre levels.


Have you been living in a cave, and completely ostracised from the outside world ? Liverpool have been
the subject of derogatory comments and denigrating critique from the press for the last 15 years.

Monsieur Wenger's is only in its infancy compared to the much maligned reds . If you want to dance ,at
least learn the steps lad .


I don't know what you have been watching and listening to over there but over here ,i watch sky Sports and read the UK papers from time to time and without question ,the ire and downright spiteful nature of the reporting between the two is no contest. I have not seen the same level of criticism aimed at Liverpool and Wenger's ARsenal.
I'm not making this up it's what i have seen.
So put it like this ,i am say a casual football fan and from the UK based news i am fed over here that is the opinion i have.
So i think it is quote obvious to me there is a lot of propaganda form the the UK media and the the comparison between the two clubs based on the history of them justifies my claim 100%.

If they were balanced in their reporting ,using the same criteria for their criticism then Liverpool would have overshadowed Arsenal 10 fold,but that is not the case. A massive club like Liverpool have been mid table through 3 coaches now where is the
balanced criticism ,so talk to me about knowing the steps boy. :wink:
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15048
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby redpelt » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:26 pm

specnur wrote:
redpelt wrote:
specnur wrote: I think the plight of Liverpool FC over the same time and the lack of similar criticism spells bias to me. When you figure how massive a club Liverpool are ,what they have done ,how popular they are world wide ,i think it's an absolute outrage they are where they are right now.AN OUTRAGE!They can't even get close to Champions league football these days and to me that is not acceptable and the difference between the class in club ethic between them and Man U who refuse to drop to such mediocre levels.


Have you been living in a cave, and completely ostracised from the outside world ? Liverpool have been
the subject of derogatory comments and denigrating critique from the press for the last 15 years.

Monsieur Wenger's is only in its infancy compared to the much maligned reds . If you want to dance ,at
least learn the steps lad .


I don't know what you have been watching and listening to over there but over here ,i watch sky Sports and read the UK papers from time to time and without question ,the ire and downright spiteful nature of the reporting between the two is no contest. I have not seen the same level of criticism aimed at Liverpool and Wenger's ARsenal.
I'm not making this up it's what i have seen.
So put it like this ,i am say a casual football fan and from the UK based news i am fed over here that is the opinion i have.
So i think it is quote obvious to me there is a lot of propaganda form the the UK media and the the comparison between the two clubs based on the history of them justifies my claim 100%.

If they were balanced in their reporting ,using the same criteria for their criticism then Liverpool would have overshadowed Arsenal 10 fold,but that is not the case. A massive club like Liverpool have been mid table through 3 coaches now where is the
balanced criticism ,so talk to me about knowing the steps boy. :wink:


I suggest you pick up the Daily Mail ,as they have never hidden their frankly distasteful agenda
against the reds ,you only needed to read the vitriol they directed at Dalglish, and how they
practically ridiculed him right the way through his tenure ,some even bordered on character
assassination .

I don't know how exactly you can possibly liken the recent attacks on Arsenals management
to be comparable to the disparaging asides Benitez or Dalglish regularly had to endure at
the whim of those media hacks who loosely fit the description of "Sports writers" .

As for being kept up to date by that great bastion for truth "Sky Sports" ,then I'm afraid that
speaks volumes for just how malleable some people can actually be .
User avatar
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:24 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby specnur » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:23 pm

redpelt wrote:
specnur wrote:
I suggest you pick up the Daily Mail ,as they have never hidden their frankly distasteful agenda
against the reds ,you only needed to read the vitriol they directed at Dalglish, and how they
practically ridiculed him right the way through his tenure ,some even bordered on character
assassination .

I don't know how exactly you can possibly liken the recent attacks on Arsenals management
to be comparable to the disparaging asides Benitez or Dalglish regularly had to endure at
the whim of those media hacks who loosely fit the description of "Sports writers" .

As for being kept up to date by that great bastion for truth "Sky Sports" ,then I'm afraid that
speaks volumes for just how malleable some people can actually be .


I just told you how i can compare it ,because i never saw it on this side of the pond from the very UK versions of Sky sport (Which happens to be the biggest sport media outlet in that part of the world). They have a massive agenda against Wenger and have had it for years. WHen Benitiez was in his worst slump at that club you can guarantee any loss by Wenger's team would get front story ahead of any Liverpool news. I have given examples here when it happened in the past.

I also gave my theories as to why Benitez never faced the same level of criticism a Wenger did at that point in time ,and it was because of all the top 4 team CHelsea ,Man u Liverpool and Arsenal only Wenger's team never had A british player as Captain or major role. In their sick way of thinking at least Benitez had Gerrad and Carragher as leaders of the English clubs
quest in Europe . The press in that country are a bunch a flag waving degenerates in the worst way and football evolution takes second place to blinkered patriotism in their warped world.
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15048
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby redpelt » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:26 pm

specnur wrote:

The press in that country are a bunch a flag waving degenerates in the worst way and football evolution takes second place to blinkered patriotism in their warped world.


Now why didn't you say that in the first place ? At least now we can concur on something :D
User avatar
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:24 pm
Location: Liverpool

Previous

Return to Barclays Premier League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests