Newcastle v Man City - 15th Dec

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Newcastle v Man City - 15th Dec

Postby Hams » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:29 pm

Newcastle lost their last game 2-1 away at Fulham and have now suffered 4 defeats in their last 5 games.
Alan Pardew could be without Ben Arfa as the French midfielder has a hamstring problem that needs treatment.

Man City lost their last game 3-2 at home to Man Utd in the Manc derby which was their first home loss since Dec 2010
Roberto Mancini came under a lot of fire after the game for starting with Balotelli and leaving his best player Tevez on bench.

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:57 pm

Did you know that Manchester City have won nine and lost none (D2) of the last 11 Premier League games against Newcastle.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:10 pm

I'm sorry to say that we (Newcastle) have an alarming number of winnable matches behind us. Therefore I am very happy that tomorrow afternoon, we will have put one of the unwinnable ones behind us.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Conner99 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:36 am

Newcastle only two points off the bottom three , so they need a few other results to go in their favour to avoid dropping down there .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:06 am

Conner99 wrote:Newcastle only two points off the bottom three , so they need a few other results to go in their favour to avoid dropping down there .

Yes, we might get relegated, that's part of football. Most Premier League clubs are capable of getting relegated.
But we are not going to get points against Man City - simple as.
It is a shame that we've had so many winnable matches in our bad spell - it would have been better to have had unwinnable matches in our bad spell, so that we didn't waste so many winnable matches.

But what is done is done - this afternoon, we will have put an unwinnable match behind us, and that will be a good thing.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:32 pm

Line ups

Newcastle United:
Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini, Santon; Perch, Tiote, Anita; Cisse, Ba, Gutierrez..

subs: Elliot, Bigirimana, Marveaux, Shola Ameobi, Sammy Ameobi, Ferguson, Tavernier

Manchester City:
Hart, Zabaleta, Kolo Toure, Nastasic, Clichy, Garcia, Yaya Toure, Nasri, Silva, Tevez, Aguero..

subs: Pantilimon, Lescott, Dzeko, Sinclair, Kolarov, Rekik, Razak.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:44 pm

HT

Newcastle 0-2 Man City

Aguero and Garcia have put City in control of this game.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:00 pm

No Ben Arfa ,no Cabaye no creativity not a chance in hell Newcastle get a result here! Cisse and BA just can't get enough service and they are not creative enough themselves to make a mark on this game.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:48 pm

FT

Newcastle 1-3 Man City
0-1 Agüero 10’
0-2 Javi Garcia 39’
1-2 Ba 51’
1-3 Yaya Touré 78'

Any comments on todays result?

Newcastle have now lost 6 out of their last 7 PL fixtures.

Should the Toon be worried about being relegated?

Has this display from Man City today done enough to convince the critics that they are still in the title race?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:23 pm

Hams wrote:FT

Newcastle 1-3 Man City
0-1 Agüero 10’
0-2 Javi Garcia 39’
1-2 Ba 51’
1-3 Yaya Touré 78'

Any comments on todays result?

Newcastle have now lost 6 out of their last 7 PL fixtures.

Should the Toon be worried about being relegated?

Has this display from Man City today done enough to convince the critics that they are still in the title race?

No, we shouldn't be worried about being relegated.
We might get relegated, but we shouldn't be worried about it.

Today's match doesn't count as far as I'm concerned, we were always going to lose it, while in the previous 3 matches we played well in each one.

We are one of the 14-15 PL teams that always has to contemplate relegation, and I'm perfectly happy to be in that group.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Conner99 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:11 pm

everyone expected Newcastle to lose and so it has come true ...Man City were just too good for them , anyway the next match is the big one for them ....QPR ...a must win really .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:14 pm

Obviously we might as well have played our c-team against City, we weren't going to get points anyway, but for the next match against QPR, Pardew should play Bigirimana from the start. That wonder goal he scored against Wigan shows us that. The idea that just because he's young means he should be gradually introduced into the top game, even after he has scored such a stunning goal, is absolute nonsense. Pardew, Bigirimana won't stay long with us if he's as good as I think he is, so let's get as many goals and assists as we possibly can for him while he's a Toon player.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby specnur » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:43 am

NickKIELCEPoland wrote:Obviously we might as well have played our c-team against City, we weren't going to get points anyway, but for the next match against QPR, Pardew should play Bigirimana from the start. That wonder goal he scored against Wigan shows us that. The idea that just because he's young means he should be gradually introduced into the top game, even after he has scored such a stunning goal, is absolute nonsense. Pardew, Bigirimana won't stay long with us if he's as good as I think he is, so let's get as many goals and assists as we possibly can for him while he's a Toon player.

Don't put too much hope into that lad nick just off of that one goal ffs ,you're sounding as bad as them sensationalist la liga groupies :D
You are going to need some creativity in the middle of the park and he's not got it.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Big Jono » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:43 am

Nick doesnt watch games or even highlights so he only has reports of a goal he scored to go off to be fair.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:35 am

specnur wrote:
NickKIELCEPoland wrote:Obviously we might as well have played our c-team against City, we weren't going to get points anyway, but for the next match against QPR, Pardew should play Bigirimana from the start. That wonder goal he scored against Wigan shows us that. The idea that just because he's young means he should be gradually introduced into the top game, even after he has scored such a stunning goal, is absolute nonsense. Pardew, Bigirimana won't stay long with us if he's as good as I think he is, so let's get as many goals and assists as we possibly can for him while he's a Toon player.

Don't put too much hope into that lad nick just off of that one goal ffs ,you're sounding as bad as them sensationalist la liga groupies :D
You are going to need some creativity in the middle of the park and he's not got it.

All I'm asking is that he plays in the first team of Newcastle United. That isn't the same as saying he's the new Ronaldo - I think it's ridiculous to drop a player against Fulham, when he scored a wonder goal against Wigan in the previous match. The only reason I can think of that he may have been dropped is that he is young, and that is ridiculous, in my opinion.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Hams » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:59 am

Lots of stats about today that Newcastle have now become a long ball team under Alan Pardew's management.

http://www.nufcblog.org/2012/12/are-par ... en-longer/

So the next time Nick that you accuse the Hammers of being hoof ball merchants I will refer you to this website.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:23 pm

Hams wrote:Lots of stats about today that Newcastle have now become a long ball team under Alan Pardew's management.

http://www.nufcblog.org/2012/12/are-par ... en-longer/

So the next time Nick that you accuse the Hammers of being hoof ball merchants I will refer you to this website.

HOOF HOOF BLACK AND WHITE ARMY!!!!
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Return to Barclays Premier League