West Ham v Everton

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

West Ham v Everton

Postby Conner99 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:21 pm

West Ham played out a 0-0 draw with West Brom at The Hawthorns , with several key players injured it was a fair reult for the Hammers and boss Sam Allardyce said after the match ..."It is a really good result for us. Under the circumstances with our injury list, we are very pleased."

Everton had to settle for a point as they drew 1-1 with Stoke , it was a point that manger David Moyes was more than happy with ...he said "We dug in and got a hard-fought point."Stoke are a good team, they make it difficult and anyone who comes here will find it difficult but we had a wonderful chance to make it 2-0."Leon Osman missed a great chance, we should have stopped their goal and we were a bit fortunate that Stoke did not get the winner."
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:01 pm

a savoury ball of toffee comes into our mouth that we will be chewing as energetically and passionately as big sam chews his chewing gum on the sidelines.

and then after enjoing its taste we will swollow it with great satisfaction and awareness of another 3 points in our bag.
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Conner99 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:20 pm

will Big Sam be able to name 7 substitues though ....the nation wants to know .. :lol:
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:39 pm

doesnt matter. we're going make it anyway even if we get someone wounded again in this battle.

we are few, but we are in striped t-shirts 8)
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:37 am

Even though Everton will be without Fellaini they still have some good players and this wont
be an easy game and West Ham will have to be at their very best if they wish to pick up 3 points.

It looks like our game at Arsenal on Dec 26th is going to be canceled due to the train drivers going on strike so we must win this one!

I'm sure that we will be able to name 7 subs this time with the news that young Welsh midfielder Jack Collison is back in action.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Steely Hill » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:35 pm

Almeida wrote:a savoury ball of toffee comes into our mouth that we will be chewing as energetically and passionately as big sam chews his chewing gum on the sidelines.

and then after enjoing its taste we will swollow it with great satisfaction and awareness of another 3 points in our bag.

:lol:

to be honest, this match is simply getting in the way of Mad Andy's Xmas Party so whatever happens in the match i will probably not remember it the next day anyway.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:44 pm

you're right steely. let it be everton fans who will remember that match, and day, as the worst disaster ever 8)
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:36 pm

Did you know that West Ham have won none of the last eight Premier League games against Everton (W0 D4 L4), drawing the last three in a row.

Its about time we beat those Toffees!

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:00 pm

Line ups

West Ham:
Jaaskelainen, Tomkins, Collins, Reid, O'Brien, Noble, O'Neil, Taylor, Nolan, Jarvis, Cole.

Subs: Spiegel, Collison, Maiga, Diarra, Spence, Moncur, Lletget

Everton:
Howard, Heitinga, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Osman, Gibson, Neville, Pienaar, Jelavic, Anichebe.

Subs: Mucha, Oviedo, Naismith, Hitzlsperger, Barkley, Vellios, Duffy.

Come on you Irons!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:50 pm

HT

West Ham 1-0 Everton

Carlton Cole fired the Hammers in front on 14 minutes with a lovely shot into the corner.

Everton will be unhappy that they had a good goal ruled out when Osman had headed the ball into the net.

Lets see if we can keep hold of this lead and DOMINATE the 2nd half!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:40 pm

The ref we have at Upton park has been a real joke today and has all but made sure Everton win the 3 points.

He knew that he had made a blunder by not allowing the Toffees 1st half goal and sent off Carlton Cole just to even up his errors.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:50 pm

Anthony Taylor is not fit to be a referee!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:56 pm

FT

West Ham 1-2 Referee
1-0 Cole 14’
1-1 Referee 64'
1-2 Referee 73'

God help anybody else who gets that clown ANTHONY TAYLOR as referee in charge when you play next.

Boooooooooooooooo!

I'm so upset that I'm not going to ask if anybody has any comments.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:15 pm

the ref has little to do with our defeat today, hams... we ourselves botched up the 2nd half again and have no-one to blame, really.

as soon as the second half began, everton were seen taking the matter seriously. the equalizer was felt ripening. they got bombarding our penalty area right from the first seconds and every cross they were making was always dangerous. one of them was just meant to end up in the back of the net, considering their amount.

we, in our turn, did very little. it was again a baffling decision to bring on maiga at that stage of the game. he totally ruied the balance on the right flank having failed both to reinforce attack and to help the defence. he hardly went on the pitch when immediately was shown the yellow. and all the both goals came from his flank. as i've said, he'd be my first candidate to part ways with in the coming transfer window.

apparantely, big sam was counting that he would relieve that zone from which them crosses had been coming by creating tension in the front on the flank, but oviously he is not capable.

i thought c.c. deservedly had gotten his red in the episode. it seemed like he deliberately lingered his leg to make sure it hit the defender.

the second red was also probably justified as it was something rather from karate than an actual football tackle.

the ruled out goal may be the most controversial moment in the game. but it really doesnt matter to everon now that they managed to beat us fair and squar while we blew it again. nolan's goal on 90' minute would have been a big xmas gift fro us. shame he missed it.
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:26 pm

Good post Almeida.

I will respond properly on Sunday morning when I have come back from work.

It did sound like Everton were the better team today and deserved the 3 points at the end.

I'm really just annoyed at how bad the referee was and also the team line up that our manager selected today.

Its a shame we wont be able to read Steely's report who was at the game until the new year as he is now away on holiday.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:46 pm

lucky steely. he always lets us down with his absence :D never mind this game, though. shame we wont be able to read his posts after the reading game! :lol:
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:04 pm

I have seen the game now and still think that this referee was a joke and the reason why we lost this game.

He did get the decision correct not to allow that Everton goal as Anichebe was fouling our keeper which is against the rules.

However its was a disgrace that he dismissed both Carlton Cole and Everton's Darren Gibson for dangerous play.

Our boy may have had his foot high but he was only going for the ball and the Toffee man was a yellow card offence at best.

I was unhappy with our keepers performance today and think Jaaskelainen should have been able to stop the away teams first goal.

Our defending was also terrible for the winner but by then our players had lost heart and we were down to 10 men due to pathetic ref.

We had no full backs on the pitch on Saturday with RB Demel and LB McCartney both injured which is a bit of a worry.

So Big Sam had to play Centre Halves Tomkins and O'Brien in these positions which isn't ideal and upsets the balance of the team.

I hope that we will appeal to the FA over Cole's red card and that we are successful or we will have to play Maiga upfront in our next match!!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:02 pm

c.c. very much let the team down. who is supposed to play the striker now? maiga? :lol: :lol:

although, maybe it's indeed a good idea to put him there as he cant manage on the right flank? it's hard to believe, though. the good player is always seen immediately while i havent seen anything worthwhile over the past few games from him.

of course, the second red card shown by the ref was to a large extent influenced by the fact he had shown the first one. but still i believe c.c. was fairly caught by him desiring to harm that everton defender. it wasnt that rude and obvious. it was more like c.c. just got frustrated by the equalizer and felt like venting his anger on somebody. look at the episode again, hams, if you get to. he could have taken away his foot in time, yet he went for lingering it so it could encounter the defender's body. he thought he would get away with it, but the ref got it right.

he let us down. especially considering the good form he had been recently on. now we dont stand a chance against arsenal in the next match. hopefully we'll manage to beat reading just before winter break even with this, i.e. such a depleted squad.
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:34 pm

I will look at the incident again Almeida but I don't believe Cole should have been sent off and it was a Yellow card only.

We will not be playing Arsenal on Dec 26th as the match has been called off due to train drivers going on strike in London.

Our next game will be away against Reading on Dec 29th and then we have Norwich at home on New years day as there is no winter break in the PL.

These are 2 games we have a good chance to win and hopefully get some more points on the board so we stay up this season.

If we manage to avoid the drop I will consider that we have had an excellent campaign and then we can try and improve next time.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:52 pm

what has the train drivers strike to do with canceling games, i wonder? :lol:

yeah, i thoght there would be kind of a break after the new year's day, but it seems like the epl wants its players to play having a hangover! :lol:

it'd be wierd if the hammers didnt stay up in the league this season, btw.
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Return to Barclays Premier League