Swansea v Man Utd

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Swansea v Man Utd

Postby Conner99 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:32 pm

Swansea came away from White Hart Lane empty-handed as they lost 1-0 to Tottenham , it was a goal late in the second half by Tottenham that spoiled an otherwise decent performance from the Swans ...manager Michael Laudrup had this to say after the game .."We knew that we were up against a very good side, one of the best in the league.
"We knew if we came to half-time still 0-0 or not conceding we would have a big possibility of taking something away from here.In the second half they weren't that dangerous so the goal was disappointing".

Man Utd continued their assault on the Premier League title with another 3 pts and a comfortable win over Sunderland , the 3-1 scoreline meant Man Utd remain 6 pts clear of Man City in second ..manager Sir Alex Ferguson was though a bit critical of his side towards the end when Sunderland could have scored more than the consolatiuon goal they did get , he said after the game .."Sunderland could have had two or three towards the end; it could have been embarrassing."
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:29 am

I think that this will be quite a close affair and that Swansea will score first but Man Utd will come back to win 2-1 with RVP scoring the winner.

Swansea 1-2 Man Utd
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:34 pm

Did you know that Swansea have won just one of their last nine league meetings with Manchester United; this coming back in January 1982 at home, thanks to goals from Alan Curtis and Robbie James.

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:25 pm

Line ups

Swansea:
Vorm; Tiendalli, Chico, Williams, Davies; Britton, Augustein, De Guzmán, Dyer, Routledge; Michu

Subs - G. Tremmel,L. Moore,D. Graham,G. Monk,S. Ki,I. Shechter,A. Richards

Manchester United:
De Gea; Jones Evans Vidic Evra; Cleverley Carrick; Valencia Rooney Young; Van Persie

Subs - P. Scholes,R. Giggs,D. Fletcher,D. Welbeck,A. Büttner,A. Lindegaard.J. Hernández
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:27 pm

HT

Swansea 1-1 Man Utd

Patrice Evra headed the away side in front early on but the Swans fought back well and leveled through Michu.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby OWEN_ENG » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:35 pm

FT 1-1

Just caught the end of this one but have to admit Swansea are tough customers and I'm liking their players, style, and ability to really give their opponents a good run for their money...

Fantastic result for Swansea.
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:06 pm

Ashley Willams was a naughty boy for kicking the ball against RVP's head!

This was Man Utd's first draw in the PL this season but they will be 4 points clear at the top of the table.

Any comments on this match? - Did Swansea deserve to draw or were Fergie's side guilty of missing too many chances?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:08 pm

Had this game as a tie ,Swansea just held on though.

Fantastic game by Chico Flores he should be up for a international call up off of that display. Did that in the best league against the best team in this league at the moment so he should be in for a shout. Some fantastic saves from Voorm also. Don;t know how Ashley Williams stayed on the pitch after that rocket shot into the back of a felled RVP head. Worst performance by Rooney i have ever seen ,turned that ball over untold times.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:05 pm

Is Fergie right to claim that Williams could have killed RVP and that he should be banned for a long time?!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:58 pm

Red nose is losing the plot....someone kicking the ball at someone is one of the most dangerous things he has seen in years? :lol:

But no doubt the FA will crumble and back him up and Williams will be suspended.

Pathetic old man.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:16 pm

Gazza-LFC wrote:Red nose is losing the plot....someone kicking the ball at someone is one of the most dangerous things he has seen in years? :lol:

But no doubt the FA will crumble and back him up and Williams will be suspended.

Pathetic old man.

I actually there is a point at the back of the head that if you hit it right you can toss a tennis ball at it and it could kill you.
That is why there is no punching to the back of the head in boxing and other contact sports. BUt yeah i expected that response from fergie. I would say Wenger kicking a water bottle is the most dangerous thing i have seen in years! 8)
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Boris » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:58 pm

specnur wrote:
Gazza-LFC wrote:Red nose is losing the plot....someone kicking the ball at someone is one of the most dangerous things he has seen in years? :lol:

Pathetic old man.

I actually there is a point at the back of the head that if you hit it right you can toss a tennis ball at it and it could kill you.
That is why there is no punching to the back of the head in boxing and other contact sports. BUt yeah i expected that response from fergie. I would say Wenger kicking a water bottle is the most dangerous thing i have seen in years! 8)

It would depend on the speed, but it would have a greater chance of killing you if it were to strike around the base of the skull or in theface etc, or if it caused compressive damage to the skull...

Have to agree with Ferguson on this one, it could have been fatal, Joey Didulica is a possible example.. Guy is a former Aussie goalkeeper, retired last year due to ongoing head and neck injuries after this happened: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/20 ... eredivisie

Can't find the video anymore, but he was struck in the face by a shot and was almost killed, ball was moving at a similar speed to the one today. It's incredibly dangerous, considering the power these professionals put behind the ball to kick one at someone like he did, and Williams deserves the ban.
Boris
Legend
Legend

Postby Big Jono » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:48 pm

I think he should be banned, that was totally unnecessary and dangerous.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby redpelt » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:31 am

I think Ferguson conveniently forgetting the incident when Keane tried to surgically remove one of Haalands limbs without the aid of anaesthetic ,and then declare that Williams kicking the ball at Van Persie's head as the most horrendous act he's ever seen ,is a clear case of Alzheimer's .
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Big Jono » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:23 am

redpelt wrote:I think Ferguson conveniently forgetting the incident when Keane tried to surgically remove one of Haalands limbs without the aid of anaesthetic ,and then declare that Williams kicking the ball at Van Persie's head as the most horrendous act he's ever seen ,is a clear case of Alzheimer's .

Thats not what he said though is it?

He said ""that was the most dangerous thing I've seen on a football field for many years."

And as it has been many years since the Keane incident, that doesnt make him wrong.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:02 am

Its also possible that this outburst from Fergie was to try and deflect attention
away from his side who dropped 2 points and also Wayne Rooney put in a very poor display.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Johaldo8 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:21 pm

Ashley Williams take a bow! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I missed the game due to golf but saw this incident on the replay. i was in hysterics when williams tried to decapitate rvp's head, but just as funny as that was chico flores' sly trip on rvp as he gets up to chase williams loooooooool!! They both took a steamy dump on his head there haha

Old bacon face can do one. Keane on Haaland say no more.
Johaldo8
World Class
World Class

Postby redpelt » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:22 pm

Big Jono wrote:
redpelt wrote:I think Ferguson conveniently forgetting the incident when Keane tried to surgically remove one of Haalands limbs without the aid of anaesthetic ,and then declare that Williams kicking the ball at Van Persie's head as the most horrendous act he's ever seen ,is a clear case of Alzheimer's .

He said ""that was the most dangerous thing I've seen on a football field for many years."

And as it has been many years since the Keane incident, that doesnt make him wrong.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20833250

Approx 1min,22 seconds in ,also I usually as a rule refrain from embellishing the truth,I tend to leave
this to the media who seem to have somewhat cornered the market when it comes to telling untruths .
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:58 pm

redpelt wrote:
Big Jono wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20833250

Approx 1min,22 seconds in ,also I usually as a rule refrain from embellishing the truth,I tend to leave
this to the media who seem to have somewhat cornered the market when it comes to telling untruths .

Well said!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:55 pm

Not only did Ashley Williams do it this on purpose ,but action should be taken for Williams trying to headbutt RVP afterwards in the fracas.ALso chico flores should be sanctioned for tripping RVP on purpose!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League