Tottenham v Stoke

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Tottenham v Stoke

Postby Conner99 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:52 pm

Tottenham recoved from their loss against Everton by beating Swansea 1-0 ...a goal by Jan Vertonghen was enough to lift them back into 4th place and manager Andre Vilas-Boas gave credit to his players for their patience ..."It was hard work but the one team who were going to win was us with 23 shots and so much possession. Swansea came out on the counter well and the result was uncertain at 0-0 but we deserved to get the result."

Stoke kept their unbeaten home record with a 1-1 draw against Everton , the Potters were the more likely side to win the game ...but in the end it was even stevens .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby PuntersGroup » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:52 pm

Stoke are going to have their only counter attacking threat pinned back by the pace of Lennon and a possibly fit Bale who is back in training after recovering from a hamstring injury which will force them to play extremely defensively and more than likely have the same result as their last encounter where the first goal was scored in the 75th minute.

Interestingly Stoke only allowed an Everton team who have scored 28 goals in 17 Premier League matches a single shot on target in their last match and only conceded from an extremely unfortunate Shawcross own goal.

Stoke have by far the best defensive home record in the Premier League having conceded just 3 goals in 8 home matches which highlights just how difficult they are to break down when they park the bus.

It is likely that as the match going into the latter stages and Tottenham push for the winner that they will leave themselves exposed at the back where they have conceded in 14 from their 17 league matches.

William Hill are currently offering 13/10 on Stoke to either win or draw (double chance) which will come in greater than the 44% of the time required to be profitable and the draw can be had at a very enticing 3/1 with SkyBet.
PuntersGroup
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Conner99 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:01 am

sorry ...but do you work in a betting shop at all .... :lol:
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:24 am

Conner99 wrote:sorry ...but do you work in a betting shop at all .... :lol:

Thats what I call a match preview Conner! In future can you also provide all the latest betting odds if any of us fancy a flutter :wink:
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Big Jono » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:45 am

Starting to get a few of our key players back from injury now! It hasnt been mentioned much if at all but we have had a bit of a injury crisis so far this season, not in numbers but in quality of players.

Ekotto, Parker back this week I think. Bale hopefully back from his short layoff, dont know too much about Kabouls injury at the moment though.

Tough match this, I hope our team keeps their head and sticks to the gameplan in the face of Stokes 'tactics'.

2-0 Spurs.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:23 pm

I'm looking to forward to the return of my favourite player Scott Parker now that he has recovered from his
injury and it will be good to see Bale back also as I could do with some more points for my fantasy football team!

Tottenham 3-0 Stoke
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:18 pm

Hams wrote:
Conner99 wrote:sorry ...but do you work in a betting shop at all .... :lol:

Thats what I call a match preview Conner! In future can you also provide all the latest betting odds if any of us fancy a flutter :wink:

that would be an 150/1 extreme long shot .... :wink:
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:50 am

I'm going to the match, so while I'd like to see an easy victory for Spurs I have every expectation that Stoke will make it difficult. Spurs to win 2-0.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:26 pm

Did you know that Matt Etherington has scored four goals in six Premier League appearances for Stoke against Tottenham.

There will be a few ex Spurs players coming to WHL on Saturday like Crouch,Palacios who should receive warm receptions.

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:57 pm

Line ups

TOTTENHAM:
Lloris, Walker, Caulker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Sandro, Dembele, Lennon, Bale, Defoe, Adebayor...

Subs: Friedel, Naughton, Gallas, Livermore, Sigurdsson, Townsend, Parker.

STOKE:
Begovic, Wilkinson, Shawcross, Huth, Cameron, Shotton, Whelan, Nzonzi, Etherington, Walters, Jones...

Subs: Sorensen, Upson, Palacios, Whitehead, Kightly, Jerome, Crouch.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:53 pm

HT

Tottenham 0-0 Stoke

Some good defending from the away side at WHL.

Spurs will have to do much better if they want to win this game.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:52 pm

FT

Tottenham 0-0 Stoke

Any comments on todays goal less draw?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Big Jono » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:03 am

Sounds like Stoke stuck with Plan A for this one and it worked, got them a point at a tough away ground. Cant condemn them for that.

Disapointing we couldnt break them down but a point is better than none.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:11 am

I think if we managed to score once, we would have had a hatful of goals, it was one of those games. Stoke will grab points from teams all season with their highly disciplined defensive game plan. On the plus side Scotty Parker looked lively when he came on, and Bale should strip fitter for the game.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:56 pm

Do you think its possible Pickleman that the partnership between Adebayor and Defoe just isn't working?

Just when Tottenham appear to be on the verge of breaking into the top 4 something always seems to go wrong!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:53 pm

Hams wrote:Do you think its possible Pickleman that the partnership between Adebayor and Defoe just isn't working?

Just when Tottenham appear to be on the verge of breaking into the top 4 something always seems to go wrong!

Yes, frustratiing at times HAms, though I think Spurs have enough attacking options in the team other than Defoe and Ade. Although Ade is tall, he doesn't score with his head which would have been a uesful weapon against a team like Stoke. From that point of view, the partnership doesn't ask enough questions of opposing defences. I couldn't help but feel the players were trying to 'walk the ball into the net' on Saturday, rather than going 'route 1'. The team is, without a doubt, a strong one and I think they may be one or two players short of a side that can change the 'old order' of Man U, Man C, Chelsea and Arsenal in the top four. Lets see what AVB does in the transfer window/close season - it is still a good time to be a Spurs fan!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Johaldo8 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:13 pm

I detest Stoke. Anti-football in its purest form.

A couple of my mates went to this and asked me if i was going but i refused. i wouldnt go to watch us play Stoke even if you paid me. I can handle Spurs losing to a team that can play a modicum of football, but Stoke? No thanks.

Wasnt surprised we couldnt break them down. They are a disgusting but tough nut to crack.
Johaldo8
World Class
World Class

Postby Conner99 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:26 pm

only Chelsea , Man Utd and Norwich have been able to this season ...
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League