Sunderland v Tottenham

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Postby Johaldo8 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:22 pm

Hektorek wrote:Wow, what an incredible action from Aaron Lennon...

At last, an intelligent comment. Well said Hektorek. It was indeed a lovely goal and underlines what a quietly impressive season Lennon is having.
Johaldo8
World Class
World Class

Postby Big Jono » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:34 am

Gazza-LFC wrote:
Big Jono wrote:This is getting beyond a . joke now! Referees punishing Bale for his (admittedly self gained) reputation by denying him penalties and carding him when he is legitimately fouled.

He now has to miss a game for amassing 5 bookings when three of them have been without a doubt 100% .!

The tv had a great low shot from behind of the tackle today and their knees clearly collided, nevermind the grab aswell. The contact was definitely enough to bring him down and ive seen plenty legitimately given for a lot less.

Now on the last day of when 5 bookings give a player a 1 game ban Bale picks up his 5th only 2 of which were legitimate and he has to miss an important game!

Im bloody livid!

:lol:

No way was that a foul,not in a million years mate...the player involved moved his leg at the last minute,their knees clashed slightly but not enough to knock a 4 year old over never mind Bale...

He deserves it and it is good to see.

Rubbish, do you realise how fast he was going? The slightest clip at that speed can trip you up, nevermind your knee being knocked inwards like that.

Look at this incident in isolation (as the referees should) and it was clearly a foul, look at it with his history of diving and you are falling victim to the same idiocy as the referees.

Each incident should be judged on its merits and this one was a foul as were the other two recently where he also got yellow cards for diving and now he misses a game for us.

It is a disgrace.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Big Jono » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:03 am

Hams wrote:The way i see it is that there was a slight contact only but not enough to
send someone crashing down to the ground looking for a penalty which is cheating in my view.

Gareth Bale is a fantastic player and I even have him in my fantasy team but he has to stop diving all the time!

Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:15 am

As I said it was only a slight contact but Bale decided he would rather
go down and try and win a penalty than stay on his feet and try and continue the play.

I'm sure that there are many thousands of football fans around the world who agree with me.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:25 pm

Big Jono wrote:
Gazza-LFC wrote:
Big Jono wrote:This is getting beyond a . joke now! Referees punishing Bale for his (admittedly self gained) reputation by denying him penalties and carding him when he is legitimately fouled.

He now has to miss a game for amassing 5 bookings when three of them have been without a doubt 100% .!

The tv had a great low shot from behind of the tackle today and their knees clearly collided, nevermind the grab aswell. The contact was definitely enough to bring him down and ive seen plenty legitimately given for a lot less.

Now on the last day of when 5 bookings give a player a 1 game ban Bale picks up his 5th only 2 of which were legitimate and he has to miss an important game!

Im bloody livid!

:lol:

No way was that a foul,not in a million years mate...the player involved moved his leg at the last minute,their knees clashed slightly but not enough to knock a 4 year old over never mind Bale...

He deserves it and it is good to see.

Rubbish, do you realise how fast he was going? The slightest clip at that speed can trip you up, nevermind your knee being knocked inwards like that.

Look at this incident in isolation (as the referees should) and it was clearly a foul, look at it with his history of diving and you are falling victim to the same idiocy as the referees.

Each incident should be judged on its merits and this one was a foul as were the other two recently where he also got yellow cards for diving and now he misses a game for us.

It is a disgrace.

I've also noticed quite a lot that any gust of wind can also trip him up...he dives - simple!
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Big Jono » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:15 pm

He has dived plenty of times before, yes.

But he didn't for the three recent yellow cards he got for diving including this game and that is a disgrace.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Big Jono » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:16 pm

Hams wrote:As I said it was only a slight contact but Bale decided he would rather
go down and try and win a penalty than stay on his feet and try and continue the play.

I'm sure that there are many thousands of football fans around the world who agree with me.

You run at full speed Hams and get someone to bend your knee in like that, see if you can stay on your feet.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:20 pm

Big Jono wrote:
Hams wrote:As I said it was only a slight contact but Bale decided he would rather

You run at full speed Hams and get someone to bend your knee in like that, see if you can stay on your feet.

Sergio Aguero has done it loads of times and stayed on his feet because he'd rather shoot at goal rather than fall like a girl.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Big Jono » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:30 pm

Gazza-LFC wrote:
Big Jono wrote:

Sergio Aguero has done it loads of times and stayed on his feet because he'd rather shoot at goal rather than fall like a girl.

This is a clever way to back away from your assertion that was the wrong decision, why dont you just admit it should have been a foul and you were wrong?
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Johaldo8 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:02 am

You what? Gazza admit he was wrong?! :lol: :lol:

Him and Hams are like Morcambe and Wise on this. Comedians.
Johaldo8
World Class
World Class

Postby specnur » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:22 am

Gazza-LFC wrote:
Big Jono wrote:

Aguero is a compact player that can take a hit like that and stay on his feet!
Long player at speed can't take hits like that ,it's almost impossible unless they are built like brick out houses and in which case they will not be running at the speed Bale does anyway. To avoid injury Bale has to take more diverse actions in order to remain a productive part of the team.Asking him to withstand the punishment guys like Aguero (who legs are probably bigger than Bales even at his size) is ridiculous. YOu only need to look at Walcott's last goal against newcastle fro a fine example. DO you think Bale ,Berbatov or RVP could have gotten up as quickly as Walcott did when he was taken out ? no way in hell ,not even Rooney could do that ,so Bale at a half foot taller isn;t going to do it.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:41 am

I'd also like to add Carlos Tevez as someone who is often fouled
but most of the time he will stay on his feet and try and either help set up a team mate or go for goal.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Johaldo8 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:42 am

Good point you're making here specnur. Basically it's about centre of gravity.

Aguero has a low centre of gravity. He has a stocky build and therefore any nudge on him is less likely to knock him off balance.

Bale is taller and slimmer. Higher centre of gravity. Knock him off balance when running at full flight and it's far more expected for him to be knocked off his feet.
Johaldo8
World Class
World Class

Postby Johaldo8 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:46 am

Same point with Tevez, Hams. Low centre of gravity.

The stupid thing about this whole episode is that Bale is being victimised for being fouled, and yet not a dlckie bird is mentioned about Defoe's laughable dive.
Johaldo8
World Class
World Class

Postby Big Jono » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:51 am

Defoe should have been booked without a doubt, it just shows the persecution Bale is being subjected to by referees at the moment.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:27 am

:lol: :lol:

When Suarez was always in the news for his diving fans like you lot were loving it,now Bale is branded a cheat which he clearly is you are all now saying he is protecting himself...

Swings and roundabouts girls...

Give it a rest and admit he cheats just like Suarez did.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Previous

Return to Barclays Premier League