QPR V Liverpool

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

QPR V Liverpool

Postby Conner99 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:42 pm

QPR lost a tight game against West Brom 2-1 and remain bottom of the Premier League , it was however last season that QPR started their battle against relegation with a 3-2 win against Liverpool ...can history repeat itself with Harry Redknapp now at the helm .

Liverpool had another shocker as they were beaten 3-1 at Stoke , it has not been a good year for The Reds ...17 league matches have ended in defeat in 2012 ...their worst run ever , but Liverpool have never lost to QPR in december so will it be a happy end to the year for Brendan Rodgers ..
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:38 am

Did you know that Liverpool have never had fewer points after 19 games since the three points for a win rule was introduced.

Any more comments or predictions?

QPR 1-2 Liverpool
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Davey1 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:18 am

I'm going for 0-2 Liverpool

We lost against Stoke so we should win this one.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:07 pm

Not feeling confident as usual and i see a very passionless Liverpool team losing yet again...Q.P.R only have to get Taraabt to run at our defence and we are in trouble..

2-0 Q.P.R
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:38 pm

I just read that referee Anthony Taylor who ruined West Ham's last game is in charge of this match so anything could happen!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:26 pm

Hams wrote:I just read that referee Anthony Taylor who ruined West Ham's last game is in charge of this match so anything could happen!

As if we haven't got enough problems already :cry:
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:07 pm

Brendan Rogers was taken ill last night and so wont be able to be in charge of Liverpool later on this afternoon.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:17 pm

the same type of bug that has been going around the country i expect ...it may be a blessing in disguise ...Brendan Rodgers has not exactly been working wonders with Liverpool so far this season
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby OWEN_ENG » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:30 pm

Conner99 wrote:the same type of bug that has been going around the country i expect ...it may be a blessing in disguise ...Brendan Rodgers has not exactly been working wonders with Liverpool so far this season

I don't know what you're going on about...given the squad he has and the lack of strikers in the team he has done fantastic for us. He is the man to take the club forward and all he needs is some cash to invest in players and he will have us firing.

Now whether or not the likes of Sturridge is the quality we need is anyone's guess...but I think if we pickup a few players we can turn things around and Rodgers has been terrific for me given what we have.

As to the result...this one will be tough as QPR will be fighting hard for a win at home. For us, we need some consistency and FFS start Shelvy on the bench...

Whatever happened to Asaidi?

Scoreline 2-1 for Liverpool.
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Davey1 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:13 pm

OWEN_ENG wrote:
Conner99 wrote:the same type of bug that has been going around the country i expect ...it may be a blessing in disguise ...Brendan Rodgers has not exactly been working wonders with Liverpool so far this season

I don't know what you're going on about...given the squad he has and the lack of strikers in the team he has done fantastic for us. He is the man to take the club forward and all he needs is some cash to invest in players and he will have us firing.

Now whether or not the likes of Sturridge is the quality we need is anyone's guess...but I think if we pickup a few players we can turn things around and Rodgers has been terrific for me given what we have.

As to the result...this one will be tough as QPR will be fighting hard for a win at home. For us, we need some consistency and FFS start Shelvy on the bench...

Whatever happened to Asaidi?

I agree with this. Rodgers has played with the cards he's dealt. He isn't perfect, he makes mistakes like any manager would but in terms of management and tactics, he's been brilliant. Unfortunately, playing Shelvey, Suso, Cole and Downing out of position deflates the effectiveness of the tactics. We lack wingers and cover.

Only problem with Rodgers is he always speaks to the press, sometimes a bit too much.

Assaidi and Yesil aren't strong enough for the first team yet. They're training, probably feature more next season.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:33 pm

Line ups

QPR:
Cesar, Onuoha, Nelsen, Hill, Traore, Diakite, Mbia, Taarabt, Wright-Phillips, Mackie, Cisse.

Subs: Green, Derry, Ferdinand, Granero, Fabio, Hoilett, Faurlin.

Liverpool:
Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Gerrard, Allen, Henderson, Sterling, Downing, Suarez.

Subs: Gulacsi, Assaidi, Coates, Lucas, Carragher, Suso, Shelvey.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:16 pm

15 mins gone and Liverpool lead 2-0

Suarez with both...

But remember we were 2-0 up last season and lost 3-2
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:28 pm

3-0 :shock:

Agger '27

This means we will lose our next game v Sunderland
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:38 pm

OWEN_ENG wrote:

well if Brendan Rodgers is the man to take Liverpool forward ...he will needed consistent results ..not win..lose..win..lose ..etc , the money to buy new players must be available as Liverpool are not that hard up .

a very easy win for Liverpool it seems ...3-0 and no miracle comeback from QPR this time i feel .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:50 pm

FT

QPR 0-3 Liverpool
0-1 Suarez 10’
0-2 Suarez 16’
0-3 Agger 28’

Any comments on todays Liverpool victory?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:51 pm

Q.P.R 0-3 Liverpool FT

Very good performance from Liverpool,controlled the game and never looked in trouble,if only we could play like this often..

Rodgers out and Pascoe in :D
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Davey1 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:15 pm

Very surprised with Henderson holding the reigns in the advanced central role! had a very good game, running back, closing down, containing possession and move it up field for attacks. Sterling must of been man marked by 5 different players in that match, funny watching each one fail. Suarez was excellent as always, got the all important 2 goals we needed as were worse when were leading 1-0 :lol:

Can't wait to see none of this progress against Sunderland. :lol:
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:09 pm

Davey1 wrote:Very surprised with Henderson holding the reigns in the advanced central role! had a very good game, running back, closing down, containing possession and move it up field for attacks. Sterling must of been man marked by 5 different players in that match, funny watching each one fail. Suarez was excellent as always, got the all important 2 goals we needed as were worse when were leading 1-0 :lol:

I think we are all waiting for this :roll:
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Davey1 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:29 pm

Gazza-LFC wrote:
Davey1 wrote:Very surprised with Henderson holding the reigns in the advanced central role! had a very good game, running back, closing down, containing possession and move it up field for attacks. Sterling must of been man marked by 5 different players in that match, funny watching each one fail. Suarez was excellent as always, got the all important 2 goals we needed as were worse when were leading 1-0 :lol:

Enrique pulled his hammy so i think Downing will be playing left back and Suso will be on the right again so i doubt we're gonna have a smoother game than we did today. I reckon Sturridge will be watching as the transfer window opens on the 2nd.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:03 pm

Davey1 wrote:
Gazza-LFC wrote:

Enrique pulled his hammy so i think Downing will be playing left back and Suso will be on the right again so i doubt we're gonna have a smoother game than we did today. I reckon Sturridge will be watching as the transfer window opens on the 2nd.

Either that or play Johnson at left back and bring in Carragher or Wisdom at right back.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League