QPR V Tottenham

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

QPR V Tottenham

Postby Conner99 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:26 pm

QPR had everyone staring at the results in disbelief ..Chelsea 0 - 1 QPR , yes it was correct ..a late goal by Shaun Wright-Phillips was enough for them to leave Stamford Bridge with all 3 pts and with fresh hope that they could yet escape relegation from the Premier League , manager Harry Redknapp was cetainly buoyed by the result.."They worked their socks off and they got their rewards, we deserved it and it was a fantastic performance."They have set the standard tonight and to get out of this mess they have to do it every week."

Tottenham got over the shock of going behind early in their match against Reading by equalising just minutes later , it was not until the start of the second half that Tottenham made sure of the points with two more goals to win 3-1 and ..the result ensured Tottenham of third place in the table and a perfect start to 2013 .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Davey1 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:47 am

'Arry knows that team better than AVB.

Predicting another shocker!

2-1 to QPR
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby specnur » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:29 pm

Not a great game but great result for QPR.
As much as the player M"bia annoys the hell out of me ,i thought he did the best job on Dembele i have seen this season.
Alos got to give a lot of credit for the job done on quelling the likes of Bale and Lennon.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:24 pm

super double save from Cesar ...QPR deserved the point ..Tottenham never troubled that them much due to some fine defending .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Pokerkings » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:31 pm

How poor was Dembele again... Never really rated him.

Good point for Q.P.R.
Pokerkings
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:39 am

Credit to QPR, they put up a resolute defensive display. I think Spurs were a bit flat today, but I fancy the 'R's' will stay up by playing the same tactics against all comers. I'm not disheartened, Spurs looked very solid in midfield and defence. I actually fancy the Lily Whites to beat Man U next Sat. COYS!
Pickleman1967

Postby specnur » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:57 am

Pickleman1967 wrote:Credit to QPR, they put up a resolute defensive display. I think Spurs were a bit flat today, but I fancy the 'R's' will stay up by playing the same tactics against all comers. I'm not disheartened, Spurs looked very solid in midfield and defence. I actually fancy the Lily Whites to beat Man U next Sat. COYS!

The only thing i worry for Spurs is that they still don't have the chemistry to break down as poor a defense as QPR.
They got all the pieces but no chemistry right now ,so they have to sort that soon.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Johaldo8 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:46 am

Pokey doesnt rate Dembele? :lol:

Shame we couldnt collect the points but this was always going to be a tough game with Arry firing them up.

Clean sheet too. Bring on the mancs!
Johaldo8
World Class
World Class

Postby Pokerkings » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:31 am

Johaldo8 wrote:Pokey doesnt rate Dembele? :lol:

I was fishing for Specs, but their just not biting today....
Pokerkings
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:00 pm

specnur wrote:
Pickleman1967 wrote:Credit to QPR, they put up a resolute defensive display. I think Spurs were a bit flat today, but I fancy the 'R's' will stay up by playing the same tactics against all comers. I'm not disheartened, Spurs looked very solid in midfield and defence. I actually fancy the Lily Whites to beat Man U next Sat. COYS!

The only thing i worry for Spurs is that they still don't have the chemistry to break down as poor a defense as QPR.
They got all the pieces but no chemistry right now ,so they have to sort that soon.

It is very hard to break down teams that pack the defence like that Specnur, but I'd remind you we have recently beaten Sunderland, Reading and Coventry who weren't interested in attacking so I'm not too worried. Adebayor and Defoe had chances to finish the game, but they weren't on 'going' day. The games against the big boys will be totally different, with opportunities to attack a defence with less than 9 players crammed in. The real test is next Sunday against the Mancs, that will be a fairer measure of where Spurs are at the moment.
Pickleman1967

Postby Big Jono » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:29 pm

Disapointing we couldnt get the breakthrough in this match, a point is still better than none though.

Bring on United next week, I wonder how many decades (centuries?) its been since we did the double over them!?? That would really be something.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League