Man Utd v Liverpool

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Man Utd v Liverpool

Postby Conner99 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:41 pm

Man Utd had both Javier Hernandez and Robin van Persie to thank for a 4-0 away win over Wigan ..the deadly duo both scored twice and meant the Red Devils started 2013 the same way they finished 2012 ....winning .!! The seven point lead over Man City is still intact and the match against Liverpool will see Man Utd attempt the double having beaten The Reds 2-1 at Anfield back in september last year .

Liverpool had a comfortable 3-0 win over Sunderland at Anfield , it was Surez again who stole the show with two goals ..his 14th and 15th of the season ..the win moves Liverpool into 8th in the table and slowly the results are coming together for Brendan Rodgers ...he talked about Luis Surez after the game , "I am very, very happy, it is another win for us and we can look forward to the next game."Luis has been absolutely fantastic. He moves well, he is a real threat and he is a real pleasure to work with. He is that Lionel Messi type of player in that he gets kicked all over the place but he gets up and he produces."
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:02 pm

Man U will almost certainly win this football match. Next.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Conner99 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:21 am

thank goodness you remembered to say`almost` as that lets you off the hook if they dont ... :lol:
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby mrtz » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:53 am

:lol: Nice catch Conner!
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Davey1 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:35 am

:lol:

With all the hype around Suarez and Sturridge, it would be nice to get a dream result against United but i think they're gonna be on good form. I think we wont make it easy for them but i just can't see LFC out-scoring United.

3-2 come back, Van Persie winner in 90+9 minutes

(Howard Webb is the ref)
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:33 am

Conner99 wrote:thank goodness you remembered to say`almost` as that lets you off the hook if they dont ... :lol:

Well, yes, it would indeed have been a bit stupid to leave out 'almost' since I'm not 100% sure, so I suppose it lets me off the hook in the sense that I haven't said something that I don't actually believe.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby mrtz » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:39 am

Davey1 wrote::lol:

With all the hype around Suarez and Sturridge, it would be nice to get a dream result against United but i think they're gonna be on good form. I think we wont make it easy for them but i just can't see LFC out-scoring United.

(Howard Webb is the ref)

On a penalty of course
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Davey1 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:11 pm

mrtz wrote:

(Howard Webb is the ref)

On a penalty of course

So goal scorers will be Suarez & Sturridge, Howard Webb, Van Persie 2x?
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Conner99 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:45 pm

NickKIELCEPoland wrote:
Conner99 wrote:thank goodness you remembered to say`almost` as that lets you off the hook if they dont ... :lol:

Well, yes, it would indeed have been a bit stupid to leave out 'almost' since I'm not 100% sure, so I suppose it lets me off the hook in the sense that I haven't said something that I don't actually believe.

i think the chances of Man Utd winning are as 100% as they can be with Robin Van Persie playing ....an 81% win ratio.
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby redpelt » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:23 pm

We go to OT as underdogs,its a position we have readily accepted given the allotted points that separates both teams .Its a tag that suits us ,its a tag the media will stamp us with ,but its one that as a rule usually fires up the red men,and one that makes us a particular dangerous animal when the result is taken for granted .

In truth, I am actually feeling quite relaxed about our trip up the East Lancs,It must be said I'm feeling quietly confident about scaring the life out of United's back four . I expect Suarez will be raring to get out of the blocks early,and Rodgers will have a much more balanced team to put out .

Agger and Skrtel can stop Van Persie,but can Evans and co deal with our threat? That's why I think we can win this encounter, any team that has visited OT this season has found it surprisingly easy to find the net .The defence as a whole has been a complete shambles ,and I'm sure old Fergie knows its something he will have to address in this transfer window.

United have always relied on a solid defence to win consistently ,but now they rely on Van Persie to shoot them in front ,and thus far he has been the difference between a narrow win or an indifferent performance.
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:41 pm

Conner99 wrote:
NickKIELCEPoland wrote:

i think the chances of Man Utd winning are as 100% as they can be with Robin Van Persie playing ....an 81% win ratio.

What does 'as 100% as they can be" mean? Do you think it's a 100% chance that they'll win, or don't you?
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Conner99 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:00 pm

ok...lets stop all the nonsense ....i as well as you of course , cannot be 100% sure that Man Utd will beat Liverpool ..it is just the fact that Man Utd seem to be in the same mood as when they have won the title on many occasions in the past ....winning while not at their best , they never give up ....and they have Robin Van Persie who is the reason they are 7 points clear at the top .

Liverpool can obviously win ...but it will be a big shock if they do .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby mrtz » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:08 pm

Not sold on Agger/Skrtel being able to handle RVP. If they do, you'll have Kagawa, Valencia, Young, etc. coming in right behind him. Not convinced on Reina's form either.
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:31 am

well one thing is for sure ...there will be goals , there has been at least 1 goal in league games involving Man Utd and Liverpool since the Premier League began ..apart from the game in september 2005 when it finished 0-0 at Anfield .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby sbobetx77 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:06 am

I thaink Man Utd is winning in Weekend. :D
sbobetx77
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby OWEN_ENG » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:35 pm

Ferguson is too quick to pull a fast one over everyone and he's always been known for that....Rooney IMO will be available for this game despite Ferguson saying he will miss it...#mindgames

Personally this is the biggest rivalry and I expect it to be full of excitement with attack and counter attack for the whole game unless off course the referee changes the game - something that has happened on numerous occasions in the past...

I think I agree with Davey I believe who suggested the scoreline would be 3-2 to Utd.

Here's hoping Sturridge doesn't prove to be useless.
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:55 am

I think Liverpool will cause Man U problems, they are beginning to play a lttle. They have a decent record against the Mancs, I'm going against the flow with a 'Desmond' 2-2.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby ronaldong » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:53 am

(Howard Webb is the ref)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I hope LFC win the match ^^
ronaldong
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:25 am

Conner99 wrote:ok...lets stop all the nonsense ....i as well as you of course , cannot be 100% sure that Man Utd will beat Liverpool ..it is just the fact that Man Utd seem to be in the same mood as when they have won the title on many occasions in the past ....winning while not at their best , they never give up ....and they have Robin Van Persie who is the reason they are 7 points clear at the top .

Liverpool can obviously win ...but it will be a big shock if they do .

I haven't spoken any nonsense. All I've said all along on this thread, is exactly what you say in the final sentence. My use of the word 'almost' was the same as your allowance for the small possibility of Liverpool winning, but you seemed to think there was something comical about my use of the word 'almost'.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Johaldo8 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:53 am

I dont care who wins this battle of the northern monkeys. I just want to see it all kick off!

Plenty of Hillsborough and Munich chanting, Suarez to score with a handball and dive in front of old bacon face fergie to celebrate, and then throw a few racist jibes at Evra. Webb to give man utd a penalty for Skrtel making a clean tackle on RVP.

You get my drift. Hatred, anger and rivalry. Let it all boil over please!
Johaldo8
World Class
World Class

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League