West Ham v QPR

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

West Ham v QPR

Postby Conner99 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:57 pm

West Ham suffered a 3-0 defeat away to Sunderland and it was no more than they deserved ...a tally of just 5 away goals so far this season..tells the story and even manager Sam Allardyce had no excuses ..."The level of difference in performance between this game and last week against Manchester United is just staggering. The second goal) was pathetic, wasn't it? We have a free-kick and we let the opposition score. We didn't have the appetite for defending correctly ".

QPR manager Harry Redknapp saw his side earn a valuable point with 0-0 draw against his former club Tottenham , he had a few words to say after the match .."That was very bit as good as the performance against Chelsea (a 1-0 win) - we worked our socks off against a real top team today. I can't ask for more than that. "We restricted to them very few opportunities. Nedum Onouha and Fabio nullified two fantastic wingers That was the quietest I've seen Gareth Bale for many a year."
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:01 pm

a win here is crucial given the poor run of results we've had (bar Norwich). we destroyed QPR last time but are not playing with the same confidence as before and look vulnerable at the back.

it would be great to stick it to the twitchy chancer so the win becomes even more important, especially with Arsenal at the Immigrants Stadium on the horizon.

i fancy us to take the points here though and i also expect Cole to be dropped so we'll see either Chamakh or Wellington - most likely CHamakh i'd have thought - so it will be interesting to see how he copes.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:49 pm

I've been very disappointed with West Ham's recent form of just 2 wins in 10 games.

We really need to put in a decent performance in this clash and put QPR to the sword.

Rangers could give a debut to their new signing Loic Remy who they bought for £8 million from Marseille

Carlton Cole has been terrible for the Hammers in recent games and I agree he should be dropped from the team.

If we were to lose this one we could soon be dragged into a relegation scrap.

Kevin Nolan also needs to get his act together as his form has also been rubbish in recent weeks and as captain has not been pulling his weight.

West Ham 2-0 QPR
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Conner99 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:39 am

i think the teams at the bottom are still playing worse than West Ham so the threat of relegation is not really a major point at the moment ...still more dropped points would not be good for them ...QPR have started to get some decentd result and Harry Redkapp has a few new signings to show off..will be a interesting match .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:08 pm

Did you know that Harry Redknapp was manager of West Ham between 1994 and 2001 winning 94 games out of 269 matches (W94 D71 L104).

What fun memories!

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:59 pm

Hams wrote:Did you know that Harry Redknapp was manager of West Ham between 1994 and 2001 winning 94 games out of 269 matches (W94 D71 L104).

What fun memories!

he almost bought as many players as he won games.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:08 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
Hams wrote:Did you know that Harry Redknapp was manager of West Ham between 1994 and 2001 winning 94 games out of 269 matches (W94 D71 L104).

What fun memories!

he almost bought as many players as he won games.

If I was a West Ham fan I'd not be looking forward to this game, I can see the 'Rs' getting a point at least here. Harry Redknapp seems to divide opinion - you clearly have no time for him Steely, as do my Spurs supporting brothers, but I'm of the view that he is a decent manager. I recall his best days with the Hammers, and they played attractive football then even if it did go wrong towards the end of his tenure. I have warm memories of him getting Spurs out of the sh*t when he took over, and although I'm quite happy with AVB I think it would be wrong to give him all the glory for the current Tottenham team. I think his partnership with Joe Jordan is a strong and successful one - Jordan is a technician and a coach while H is a man manager and a wheeler dealer. Good combination.
My forecast, the old b*stard will come and spoil the party for the Hammers 1-2.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:25 pm

i got QPR winning this 4-1
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:02 am

i think you should see a doctor .... :lol:
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:40 pm

Line ups

West Ham
Jaaskelainen, Reid, Nolan, Tomkins, Jarvis, Noble, O'Brien, Demel, Diame, J.Cole, Chamakh.

Subs: Spiegel, C.Cole, Collison, Vaz Te, Taylor, Diarra, Potts.

QPR
Cesar, Onuoha, Hill, Nelsen, Fabio, Mbia, Derry, Mackie, Taarabt, Wright-Phillips, Remy.

Subs: Green, Traore, Ferdinand, Park, Hoilett, Faurlin, Bothroyd

Come on you Irons!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:45 pm

Carlton Cole has been dropped to the bench and been replaced by our new loan signing from Arsenal M.Chamakh.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:51 pm

HT

West Ham 0-1 QPR

Loic Remy scored on his debut for Rangers.

unless we take off the useless Chamakh and start man marking QPR's Taarabt we will lose this game.

West Ham were complete rubbish in the 1st half and deserved to be booed off.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:01 pm

FT

West Ham 1-1 QPR
0-1 Rémy 14’
1-1 J.Cole 68’

Any comments on todays draw?

Were Rangers lucky to leave Upton Park with a point?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:04 pm

Very entertaining. I didn't see the first half but it seems it was 'a game of two halves'! Well done to West Ham, this had the makings of a very frustrating defeat, similar to the Spurs game where we battered them and yet could have lost it on the counter in the final seconds. Beware the Redknapp man!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:19 am

How we didn't win this game I'll never know!

The Hammers destroyed Rangers in the 2nd half but as we don't have a striker
at the moment who can find the back of the net all those chances we created went begging.

We should have also been awarded a penalty when Chamakh was fouled twice in the same incident.

The on loan Arsenal striker had a shocking game and clearly needs to work hard on some shooting practice in training.

Weather permitting we next travel to the library to take on Arsenal where the Moroccan will not be allowed to take part,
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:17 pm

the lack of goalscorer is becoming a real concern. we're getting plenty of chances but nobody capable of sticking the ball in the back of the net.

once again we dominated this shower of shite and were easily the better team but failed to make that count.

as is customary from teams we dominate, the accusations of long ball come out despite the fact we played over double the amount of short passes QPR played. you have to laugh at some people. if you say things enough they will believe it, regardless of the facts.

very frustrating game and it means we still need to look over our shoulder to be on the safe side.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League