Tottenham v Man Utd

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Tottenham v Man Utd

Postby Conner99 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:22 pm

Tottenham could not find away past QPR and former boss Harry Redknapp ...it finished 0-0 and the unbeaten run is now 7 games ...manager Andre Vilas-Boas commented ...They defended very well; we wanted to play with a higher tempo, but they frustrate you. "Julio Cesar had a great game. We had some big chances; in a game like this it's important to score first. "It was a difficult game for us, but we got an away point so we are satisfied."

Man Utd did the double over Liverpool with a 2-1 win against Liverpool at Old Trafford ...they remain 7 pts clear at the top of the table and are on course for yet another title triumph ...
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:37 pm

I'm backing Spurs to do the double against Man United, which may sound optimistic but the Mancs don't look as good as they have done over the past few seasons and Spurs look a lot more solid under AVB in terms of defence. Rooney and Vidic look a bit ring rusty still. It would seem that the only scoreline not to back for this one is 0-0. There will be goals, just hoping we can score more than we concede! Come on the Spuds!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Conner99 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:34 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:I'm backing Spurs to do the double against Man United, which may sound optimistic but the Mancs don't look as good as they have done over the past few seasons and Spurs look a lot more solid under AVB in terms of defence. Rooney and Vidic look a bit ring rusty still. It would seem that the only scoreline not to back for this one is 0-0. There will be goals, just hoping we can score more than we concede! Come on the Spuds!

No ..they dont look as good ..Robin Van Persie should have scored more ...only 7 points in front at the top ...shocking .. :wink:

But ...i do agree it is not beyond Tottenham to win and do the double over Man Utd , i just think with both Van Persie and Rooney back the attacking threat is even more potent now for Man Utd .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Big Jono » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:49 am

RVP will destroy us in my opinion, the fans will give him stick cos of his Arsenal connections but he is the type of player who will take that and turn it into a great performance.

I do like the idea of Bale, Lennon, and Defoe running at the back four with the ball though so I think both teams will score in this match.

I will go with a 2-2 draw.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:00 am

Spurs can win this game and i''l tell you why!
The midfield!

If the SPurs player in that area of the pitch play to their best ability there isn't a man u PLayer that can hang with Spurs.
Dembele will control that pitch ,not in terms of assists but he and Parker will lock that area down. Man u's best attack will come from the wings ,but Spurs have speed for days in that area ,plus they have dangerous counter attacking players. It all about how Spurs go into this game mentally ,if they are up for it they win without question.
I don't think man u can rely in Evra defensively like before and that's an issue .
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby OWEN_ENG » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:39 pm

My second favourite game of the season(behind Liv vs Utd) and I won't be able to catch the action this weekend :(

Let's Go Spurs...you can do it!
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:10 pm

Did you know that Robin van Persie has scored five goals and has five assists in his last 10 Premier League games against Tottenham.

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:10 pm

This fixture is still on at the moment but the situation could change due to the heavy snow in N.London right now.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:34 pm

Line ups

TOTTENHAM:
Lloris, Walker, Caulker, Dawson, Naughton, Parker, Dembele, Lennon, Bale, Dempsey, Defoe...

SUBS: Friedel, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto, Huddlestone, Sigurdsson, Livermore, Townsend.

MAN UTD:
De Gea, Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Carrick, Jones, Cleverley, Kagawa, van Persie, Welbeck...

SUBS: Lindegaard, Valencia, Anderson, Rooney, Giggs, Smalling, Hernandez.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:37 pm

Fergie has decided to start with Wellbeck in attack alongside RVP which means Rooney is left out on the bench.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:55 pm

HT

Spurs 0-1 Man Utd

RVP headed the away side in front on 25 minutes.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:00 pm

I hope Bale comes out of his shell in the second half, we are not quite firing on all cylinders in an attacking sense. Get 'em going AVB!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:59 pm

FT

Tottenham 1-1 Man Utd
0-1 van Persie 25’
1-1 Dempsey 90'

Any comments on todays match?

Was a draw a fair result for both teams in the end?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:59 pm

Thought Spurs would give Man u more trouble than that, a deserved draw in the end though.
A couple of top notch saves from De Gea.

Good game though, enjoyed that!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:05 pm

USA! USA! Very much a deserved point for Spurs, even if we weren't at our best. Very nice to go undefeated against Fergie's men, who are famous for snatching last minute goals in "Fergie time". Suck it up you Mancs, not the same Spurs you are used to collecting Ws from. :D
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Tipster » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:36 pm

It was a great match to watch. United had a great start, but then just played on the break when they got their goal. Tottenham put so much pressure on Man Utd, that this resulted in them getting a well deserved goal.
Tipster
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Big Jono » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:29 pm

A handy point, 4 from United this season is more than most will get from them so we have to be happy with that.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:12 pm

Having seen the highlights on MOTD, even happier with the result. No apologies for the Rooney 'pen', the Mancs get decisions like that all the time. At the time I thought it wasn't a penalty so you can't call the ref who saw it in the heat of battle. The title race is a little more open now, and the Spurs's unbeaten run continues. What a shame for RVP, I guess he thought his mug was going to be all over the back pages as the man who sunk Spurs again. COYS :wink:
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Return to Barclays Premier League