FA Cup Round 4 - 2012/13

Let us know your thoughts on this years competition! Can anyone break the dominance of the big four?

Moderator: Moderators

Postby specnur » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:15 pm

Oldham 3 Liverpool 1

Incredible!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:18 pm

Sun 27/01/13
Oldham Athletic 3 - 2 Liverpool

What a miserable weekend for the Premier League!

Congrats to Millwall,Luton,MK Dons,Leeds and Oldham on making this a memorable FA Cup weekend.

Any comments on Round 4's results?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:30 pm

Liverpool got what they deserved,Rodgers knew full well Oldham would be physical so he goes and leaves out our 2 most phsical players in Gerrard and Carragher and brings in Coates :?

Why do we never win the game first then rest our players,it always has to be the other way around just like at Mansfield we did the exact same thing with Suarez...

But anyway if you concede three goals to a league 1 team fighting relegation then you deserve to lose.

We have played Mansfield and Oldham and we still couldn't make it to round 5 lol

Congrats to Oldham they played to their strength and beat us fair and square.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:17 pm

absolutely shocked ...cannot believe it ...Oldham nearly blew it ...would have been a real upset if Liverpoool had come back to draw that match ...
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Davey1 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:20 pm

Gazza-LFC wrote:Liverpool got what they deserved,Rodgers knew full well Oldham would be physical so he goes and leaves out our 2 most phsical players in Gerrard and Carragher and brings in Coates :?

Why do we never win the game first then rest our players,it always has to be the other way around just like at Mansfield we did the exact same thing with Suarez...

But anyway if you concede three goals to a league 1 team fighting relegation then you deserve to lose.

We have played Mansfield and Oldham and we still couldn't make it to round 5 lol

What Strength? Their best result in the last 8 games was a draw! :lol:

It's amazing, all these cup shocks and as soon as we're on the end of it, they start stitching their "Rodgers out" flags.
The amount of so called fans that crawl out the woodworks when we don't win is unbelievable. It'll all be soon forgotten if we beat Arsenal, wont it?

There was nothing wrong with the team selection or tactics. I could name 3 names that let us down badly, and that's all it takes in a game, is a few mistakes.

Coates looked exactly what he gave, inexperience. For a lanky guy like him you'd expect him to throw himself at everything but he seems to ball watch, and it's the floating crosses that you gotta watch out for because you can bet someone will go through you like a balldozer to get to that ball before you. He needs to be loaned out asap!.

Jack Robinson hasn't been near the first team because of injuries and as soon as he gets from the ressies to the first team, he plays terrible. His postioning was just bad! attacking even worse and was ball greedy and wasteful. He even told Suarez and Gerrard to "fu*k off" when they both screwed at him for going alone rather than squaring the ball.

Brad Jones... not a bad keeper but he was riddled with bad luck all day. Just couldn't keep hold of that ball. He didn't turn up today.

All that thrown in with late poor weather, poor pitch condition and Oldham's nothing to lose attitude, we got exactly what we deserved, nothing. They wanted this win so bad, they would of ended someones career out there to get it. Even the strikers were at it.

I'm just as gutted as any Liverpool fan but I'm not calling for heads to be cut off.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Johaldo8 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:06 pm

Crappy tinpot cup!! Not bothered about my Tottenham boys going out.

4th place and Europa League is enough for our thinnish squad to deal with. We don't need more games.
Johaldo8
World Class
World Class

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:08 pm

Davey1 wrote:
Gazza-LFC wrote:Liverpool got what they deserved,Rodgers knew full well Oldham would be physical so he goes and leaves out our 2 most phsical players in Gerrard and Carragher and brings in Coates :?

It's amazing, all these cup shocks and as soon as we're on the end of it, they start stitching their "Rodgers out" flags.
The amount of so called fans that crawl out the woodworks when we don't win is unbelievable. It'll all be soon forgotten if we beat Arsenal, wont it?

There was nothing wrong with the team selection or tactics. I could name 3 names that let us down badly, and that's all it takes in a game, is a few mistakes.

Coates looked exactly what he gave, inexperience. For a lanky guy like him you'd expect him to throw himself at everything but he seems to ball watch, and it's the floating crosses that you gotta watch out for because you can bet someone will go through you like a balldozer to get to that ball before you. He needs to be loaned out asap!.

Jack Robinson hasn't been near the first team because of injuries and as soon as he gets from the ressies to the first team, he plays terrible. His postioning was just bad! attacking even worse and was ball greedy and wasteful. He even told Suarez and Gerrard to "fu*k off" when they both screwed at him for going alone rather than squaring the ball.

Brad Jones... not a bad keeper but he was riddled with bad luck all day. Just couldn't keep hold of that ball. He didn't turn up today.

All that thrown in with late poor weather, poor pitch condition and Oldham's nothing to lose attitude, we got exactly what we deserved, nothing. They wanted this win so bad, they would of ended someones career out there to get it. Even the strikers were at it.

I'm just as gutted as any Liverpool fan but I'm not calling for heads to be cut off.

Their strength was hitting it up long towards Matt Smith,they knew how we struggled to cope against Stoke and we struggled again today.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:11 pm

Johaldo8 wrote:Crappy tinpot cup!! Not bothered about my Tottenham boys going out.

4th place and Europa League is enough for our thinnish squad to deal with. We don't need more games.

Here here!!

It's a crap cup anyway :oops:
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Davey1 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:16 pm

Gazza-LFC wrote:
Davey1 wrote:

Their strength was hitting it up long towards Matt Smith,they knew how we struggled to cope against Stoke and we struggled again today.

That should of been countered with Coates. Against any lower division team, they're all gonna play the long ball game.
I expected more from Coates but he hasn't had enough games to develop to the rate we expect.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Bayaker » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:38 pm

Piece of p!ss.

See you in another couple of months.
Bayaker
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Gazza-LFC » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:18 pm

Davey1 wrote:
Gazza-LFC wrote:
Davey1 wrote:

That should of been countered with Coates. Against any lower division team, they're all gonna play the long ball game.
I expected more from Coates but he hasn't had enough games to develop to the rate we expect.

As you have said Coates is inexperienced,also he's more of a ball playing defender such as Agger and i've yet to see him look commanding in the air....even a solid defender like Skrtel couldn't handle their striker so having Carragher alongside Skrtel would have been the obvious choice as Carragher has the experience to know how to drop and cover the second balls....Coates was all over the place and couldn't handle their attack whatsoever....Rodgers should have known this and if he knew he'd done wrong he should have replaced Coates with Carragher.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Gazza-LFC » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:19 pm

Bayaker wrote:Piece of p!ss.

See you in another couple of months.

Why which Prem team are you playing in pre-season?
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby mrtz » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:27 pm

Coates may not have had too many games under his belt, but I think it's fair to expect at least a minimal amount of competence for a guy playing in the top flight. His performance yesterday made Paul Konchesky look like a god.
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Gazza-LFC » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:04 pm

mrtz wrote:Coates may not have had too many games under his belt, but I think it's fair to expect at least a minimal amount of competence for a guy playing in the top flight. His performance yesterday made Paul Konchesky look like a god.

Once i saw Coates was playing in this kind of game i prayed for some kind of luck...he's struggled in almost every game,this kind of long ball hectic full blood and guts with muddy pitch,wind and cold rain thrown in i just knew he was never gonna perform to his abilities....that game was never made for him whatsoever and how Rodgers didn't see this is a mystery to me.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby mrtz » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:23 pm

Gazza-LFC wrote:
mrtz wrote:Coates may not have had too many games under his belt, but I think it's fair to expect at least a minimal amount of competence for a guy playing in the top flight. His performance yesterday made Paul Konchesky look like a god.

Once i saw Coates was playing in this kind of game i prayed for some kind of luck...he's struggled in almost every game,this kind of long ball hectic full blood and guts with muddy pitch,wind and cold rain thrown in i just knew he was never gonna perform to his abilities....that game was never made for him whatsoever and how Rodgers didn't see this is a mystery to me.

He probably thought we'd force Oldham to chase us all over the pitch and play our game. Underestimated them.
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Gazza-LFC » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:45 pm

mrtz wrote:
Gazza-LFC wrote:

He probably thought we'd force Oldham to chase us all over the pitch and play our game. Underestimated them.

It was never going to happen on that awful pitch and with a new formation...he underestimated everything.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:09 pm

Johaldo8 wrote:Crappy tinpot cup!! Not bothered about my Tottenham boys going out.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

there are only two cups bigger than the Fa cup in world club football man ,what's wrong with you.
In terms of the clubs involved only the Champions league and the premier league title are bigger.
What you have to face is that your team tried their hardest to get to that cup and failed.
Soft under belly comes to mind. :D
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Davey1 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:02 pm

I agree with this. He's had over a year and he hasn't improved since the moment he stepped in Liverpool.
He obviously doesn't have the mentality or hunger or ambition to want to fight for his career.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Johaldo8 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:34 pm

specnur wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

there are only two cups bigger than the Fa cup in world club football man ,what's wrong with you.
In terms of the clubs involved only the Champions league and the premier league title are bigger.
What you have to face is that your team tried their hardest to get to that cup and failed.
Soft under belly comes to mind. :D

Lol yeah we tried our hardest despite not playing our first choice keeper, our best midfielder and our only out and out striker.

Spurs nor Arsenal are winning it, so why tease ourselves and congest our fixture list? I hope Arse reach the semis and rack up those games.
Johaldo8
World Class
World Class

Postby Hams » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:45 pm

I guess Liverpool fans will be happy to hear that Oldham have sacked their manager Paul D1ckov after a 3-1 loss at Walsall left the Latcis just above the drop zone.

How the Reds lost to that mob I'll never know!!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

PreviousNext

Return to FA Cup