What a waste of Talent!

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

What a waste of Talent!

Postby specnur » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:51 pm

Player Michael Johnson's promising career is in the balance due to his mental state at the mere age of 24 years old.

I really would like to know what has driven this boy to this stage in his life., i have my doubt ,but i will save them until i have heard it form his own mouth. I thought this kid would become a star in our league ,never could understand why Man city bought both he and Adam Johnson as they seemed mirror images of each other. After joining City, from i think Middlesborough ,where he caught my eye,he played a couple of games and i think he got injured ,not sure if this was what git to the boy. About a year ago he resurfaced for MAn city in a game and i was pleasantly surprised to see him again .He played and he showed the type of form that made me a fan of his in the first place,now i hear this tragic news. If anyone has any info regarding where Johnson goes into detailed about his current plight? I hope he gets back to proper shape ,he's a talent.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Gazza-LFC » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:26 am

Numerous amounts of injury setbacks have caused him to have this mental state,he was a very promising player and a very good one at that but injuries took over and he hasn't recovered..

And also Adam and Michael were totally different players and not mirror images....Adam is a winger and Michael was a central midfielder.

Michael also came through City's youth set up....it was Adam who came from Middlesbrough
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Conner99 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:40 am

didnt he used to play basketball..
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:28 am

I think you're thinking of Earvin 'magic' Johnson,Conner
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Big Jono » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:51 am

All I know is I put the wrong City Johnson in my fnatasy football team a few years back and it almost cost me the league against my Dad. Not happy Jan.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:29 am

Gazza-LFC wrote:Numerous amounts of injury setbacks have caused him to have this mental state,he was a very promising player and a very good one at that but injuries took over and he hasn't recovered..

And also Adam and Michael were totally different players and not mirror images....Adam is a winger and Michael was a central midfielder.

Michael also came through City's youth set up....it was Adam who came from Middlesbrough

My fault on the middlesborough connection i knew it was one of them.BUt i think i saw Mancini use Michae Johnson on the wing when he came back. I can;t even remember seeing him play in the midfield to be honest. Every thing i saw him do that impressed me was from wing play. Not saying he didn't ever venture into the middle of the park ,but he was a winger from my recollection, could be wrong though.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:31 am

Conner99 wrote:didnt he used to play basketball..

200 m and 400 m medalist mate! :D
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:36 am

specnur wrote:could be wrong though.

:lol:

you are.

anyway, a fondness for a night out and crap food was his eventual downfall.

there has been talk of 'mental problems' but it smacks of another brainless kid given wealth beyond his wildest dreams and p*ssing it up the wall.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby OWEN_ENG » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:38 pm

McDonald's every day!
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby specnur » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:42 pm

Steely Hill wrote:
specnur wrote:could be wrong though.

:lol:

you are.

anyway, a fondness for a night out and crap food was his eventual downfall.

there has been talk of 'mental problems' but it smacks of another brainless kid given wealth beyond his wildest dreams and p*ssing it up the wall.

I don't think i am wrong about him playing on the wing pal ,and unless someone provides prof that he started central midfield more than wing then i stand by it.Maybe i just saw games he payed on the wing and missed the ones he played central. :D

I have a very skeptical eye when it comes to pro sport to be honest having a son that plays on a much lower level than this .
You get to understand that many coaches don't have a clue , they have personal ideas that have little to do with the ability of the player at hand. When it comes to a manager like Mancini Johnson may have had a very bad experience with the manager's ineptness and as is the case with players like Lescott and Kolo Toure you are sitting for no reason other than the manager binging in the transfer market without a care in the world . Adam Johnson was another player who was sitting more than he should have been and injuries had very little to do with that. That is three instances right there that puts a shadow over this situation regarding Michael Johnson.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Gazza-LFC » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:10 pm

These pictures would easily back up Steely's comments with his love of food being a reason....look at the difference..

Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Gazza-LFC » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:15 pm

specnur wrote:
Gazza-LFC wrote:Numerous amounts of injury setbacks have caused him to have this mental state,he was a very promising player and a very good one at that but injuries took over and he hasn't recovered..

My fault on the middlesborough connection i knew it was one of them.BUt i think i saw Mancini use Michae Johnson on the wing when he came back. I can;t even remember seeing him play in the midfield to be honest. Every thing i saw him do that impressed me was from wing play. Not saying he didn't ever venture into the middle of the park ,but he was a winger from my recollection, could be wrong though.

I can't find any stats to back me up but he was definitely a central midfielder by trade,he may have played out wide the odd time so you could well have seen him play there..

if Wikipedia is to be believed then i was wrong about him coming through the Man City set up,on there it claims he was taken from Everton's set up.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Bren10 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:17 pm

specnur wrote:

He never played for Mancini, his last appearance for Manchester City came in September 2009, scoring in a 5-1 League Cup victory over Scunthorpe.
Bren10

Postby specnur » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:27 pm

Gazza-LFC wrote:These pictures would easily back up Steely's comments with his love of food being a reason....look at the difference..

These pictures only hi light the result of an action ,they don't tell the story of WHY he went into that spiral.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:36 pm

Bren10 wrote:
specnur wrote:

My fault on the middlesborough connection i knew it was one of them.BUt i think i saw Mancini use Michael Johnson on the wing when he came back. I can't even remember seeing him play in the midfield to be honest. Every thing i saw him do that impressed me was from wing play. Not saying he didn't ever venture into the middle of the park ,but he was a winger from my recollection, could be wrong though.

He never played for Mancini, his last appearance for Manchester City came in September 2009, scoring in a 5-1 League Cup victory over Scunthorpe.

Are you sure about that Bren? I could have sworn i saw him play in the last couple of years ,either that or time flies. BUt that being said maybe him not playing for Mancini had an affect on his psyche . Knowing that the manager has no plans for you ,is tough for some players to take especially when you are as gifted as this kid was. I read that he had numerous injuries which also could have played a part in his mental downslide . Just a shame really. I think the game i saw hi resurface again was in 09/10 season that sound about the time not sure which game though.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Bren10 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:54 pm

specnur wrote:
Bren10 wrote:
specnur wrote:

My fault on the middlesborough connection i knew it was one of them.BUt i think i saw Mancini use Michael Johnson on the wing when he came back. I can't even remember seeing him play in the midfield to be honest. Every thing i saw him do that impressed me was from wing play. Not saying he didn't ever venture into the middle of the park ,but he was a winger from my recollection, could be wrong though.

Are you sure about that Bren? I could have sworn i saw him play in the last couple of years ,either that or time flies. BUt that being said maybe him not playing for Mancini had an affect on his psyche . Knowing that the manager has no plans for you ,is tough for some players to take especially when you are as gifted as this kid was. I read that he had numerous injuries which also could have played a part in his mental downslide . Just a shame really. I think the game i saw hi resurface again was in 09/10 season that sound about the time not sure which game though.

Well thats how the press have reported it mate. Apparently because he suffered an abdominal injury it meant he couldnt stay in shape and coupled with his apparent lifestyle he struggled to stay in shape which didnt help. Although this is just what ive read, im sure more will come out though.
Bren10

Postby redpelt » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:28 pm

It all started when he became best friends with the spoon bender, and then Mohamed Al Fayed erected a statue of him outside Craven Cottage .....

Oh, you mean Johnson ????
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Return to Barclays Premier League